Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

If you missed this, rewatch it. ****ing Hilarious.

Zim to Max: "Max, this Zoom is for people who played the whole game."

Soto, when asked what he said to Chirinos in the 8th: "I told him to throw me another change up. He threw me a fastball...what an idiot!"

The constant **** talking between Max and Dozier.

The amount of camaraderie--this team didn't just like each other. They LOVED each other.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 11:09 PM, Riggo#44 said:

If you haven't already, read Buzz Saw. Holy ****ing ****, what an amazing retelling of the whole amazing run. Jesse Dougherty killed it. It's like reliving the run all over again.

I’m about 3/4 of the way through.  Agree with you whole heartedly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

The doc I was hoping for! 

Virtual ring ceremony kind of sucks. Those guys need the roar of the home crowd to cap off their 2019 run.

yeah, my daughter and I had tickets to that game too...but, it's better to get rings virtually than not at all...

Boz with a terrific Mea Culpa today: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/21/remember-when-i-fired-dave-martinez-year-ago-this-time-forget-it/

I love how everyone who had horribly bad takes last year are all saying they were wrong. What an incredible, timeless story.

What's more fun, the bitterness of the Braves and Phillies fans coming out. It's so amazing...

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 12:01 PM, skinfan2k said:

As a fan, i dont care about the ring ceremony.  The rings are for the players.  I care more about the banner. 

Yeah that’s my feeling as well. I hope at some point we get to see the banner get raised in the ballpark. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Boz with a terrific Mea Culpa today: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/21/remember-when-i-fired-dave-martinez-year-ago-this-time-forget-it/

I love how everyone who had horribly bad takes last year are all saying they were wrong. What an incredible, timeless story.

What's more fun, the bitterness of the Braves and Phillies fans coming out. It's so amazing...

Nothing was more glorious than that long ass Braves fan post(on Reddit I think?)about how winning an NL East is more impressive than winning a World Series. Meanwhile I think the Cardinals just scored on them again.

I think "19-31" is gonna be this franchise's version of 70 Chip and "not gonna be effing suck this year".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2