Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I would think that you have the luxury to pitch Corbin in game one knowing that he can pitch game 4 on regular rest.  With that said, I don’t think there’s any reason to throw Corbin in game 3 even if he only threw 21 pitches in game 1.  Sanchez has been money.

Sanchez has been money.  I won't have a big problem with the order either way.  Corbin has been better this year though, and I think you go with the guy that's been better over a long period, not just decide based on Sanchez' awesome last outing.  Here is what their stats look like in the 2nd half of the season (which I picked because Sanchez was miserable at the beginning of the season and then did a stint on the DL).

Corbin

ERA:  3.25

FIP:  3.49

xFIP:  3.59

K/9:  10.6

Sanchez

ERA:  3.85

FIP:  4.44

xFIP:  5.10

K/9:  7.27

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's fine. It's a big square dome that for some reason does not get particularly loud. The fat guy running the train is a little annoying. The beer selections are good.

LKB the company man/tour guide.

This is an unexpected look for you. Wheres the lemon cookie stand? :)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sanchez has been money.  I won't have a big problem with the order either way.  Corbin has been better this year though, and I think you go with the guy that's been better over a long period, not just decide based on Sanchez' awesome last outing.  Here is what their stats look like in the 2nd half of the season (which I picked because Sanchez was miserable at the beginning of the season and then did a stint on the DL).

Corbin

ERA:  3.25

FIP:  3.49

xFIP:  3.59

K/9:  10.6

Sanchez

ERA:  3.85

FIP:  4.44

xFIP:  5.10

K/9:  7.27

I’m just looking at the fact that Corbin just threw 21 pitches in game 1.  I know it was a regular bullpen day for him but why rush him back out there game 3 when Sanchez is gonna pitch either 3 or 4 anyway.  Let Corbin rest an extra day.

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I’m just looking at the fact that Corbin just threw 21 pitches in game 1.  I know it was a regular bullpen day for him but why rush him back out there game 3 when Sanchez is gonna pitch either 3 or 4 anyway.  Let Corbin rest an extra day.

Yea, I'm with ya.  I think you just ask Corbin how he feels.  

• Like 1

https://www.mlb.com/video/scherzer-soto-on-game-1-win?t=mlb-tonight

Pedro and Harold interview Max and Soto

Sorry, I'm not sure how to post a video. This is the MLB Network interview with Max and Soto. The reason for this is the 0:32 mark...Pedro Martinez, a Hall of Famer and one of the best of all-time, gives Soto a fist bump in front of the camera. But the look on Pedro's face says so much...pride, respect, and joy at what he is seeing in this young man. It gives me chills.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I'm with ya.  I think you just ask Corbin how he feels.  

We'll see what happens. Announcing it doesn't mean it has to happen. All I think is that we won't see Corbin tonight. Game 3, what if Sanchez starts and then Corbin comes in for a few innings around the 6th? Then Max would probably go game 4.

As long as their "Do what we need to do today, and worry about tomorrow then" mindset.

The best part about Tal's Hill isn't just that they put a ****ing hill in the middle of a professional sports field, but that they did that AND THEN put a big flagpole on it and in the field of play as an extra **** you to your center fielder with the multimillion dollar contract. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Verlander will bring it tonight. Hope Stras can do the same. I love watching Stras dominate and being a postseason legend.

Yeah, I think the Astros bounce back tonight. This is going to be a 6-7 game but wrenching series.

• Like 1