Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Where ya been man?!?!

Hiding from Riggo!  

Odd start time for Friday's game, 6:05, due to fireworks.  But Saturday has fireworks as well and is a 7 start.  I guess saturday is adult night lol.

^^ Since it's the All-Star break, here's couple of interesting things about Freddie Freeman.  (At least I find them interesting...)

- He grew up in California, but both his parents were from Canada.  He holds dual U.S./Canadian citizenship.

- In late 2014, he got stuck in traffic in a winter storm.  No cars were moving. He was stuck for several hourrs.  Former teammate Chipper Jones caught wind of Freddie's ordeal, set out on his ATV, and rescued Freeman from the storm and traffic jam:

hqdefault.jpg

During the 2016 season, the Atlanta Braves sponsored a  "Chipper Rescues Freddie" bobblehead night:

ChN8F_4XEAAUt4O-e1464012055636.jpg&w=850

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Bacon said:

It's more likely their run will end because they're about to play teams that aren't terrible. 

Phillies are very beatable. Their starting pitching sucks--and is about to get worse without Arrieta, and he wasn't that good

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Phillies are very beatable. Their starting pitching sucks--and is about to get worse without Arrieta, and he wasn't that good

I meant more like the Dodgers, Braves, Cubs, Brewers 

**** the Phillies. I want us to bury their season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I meant more like the Dodgers, Braves, Cubs, Brewers 

**** the Phillies. I want us to bury their season. 

I was glad they're going to continue to pitch Arrieta through the bone-spurs. Over his last 7 starts, opponents are slugging .711 off his curveball. Overall, opponents have a .960 OPS against. 3 of those starts have come against the Mets (2) and Miami.

The irresponsibility of the Phillies to put Arrieta out there is mind-numbingly dumb. Understanding that they probably think this is his last year and they'll have to eat his salary next year. They want to empty the tank before pitching through it makes things worse for him. 

We get it. He wants to pitch. We also get that he right now is going to be better for 5 innings or so compared to somebody in AAA. When they are looking to add another starter in a few weeks (maybe 2), they'll also have a bullpen that is taxed to deal with.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was glad they're going to continue to pitch Arrieta through the bone-spurs. Over his last 7 starts, opponents are slugging .711 off his curveball. Overall, opponents have a .960 OPS against. 3 of those starts have come against the Mets (2) and Miami.

It's so lolmets to run an injured pitcher into the ground out of desperation. Gotta love it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

You do realize Arrieta is going to pitch a perfect game against us now and it will go down in history as one of the greatest pitching performances of all time because he did it with bone spurs and a ****ty curveball :ols:

7 shutout with 9 Ks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

You do realize Arrieta is going to pitch a perfect game against us now and it will go down in history as one of the greatest pitching performances of all time because he did it with bone spurs and a ****ty curveball :ols:

Dude...never, EVER tempt thy baseball gods.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

If the strategy isn't to make him throw a ton early, that's a mistake. He hasn't lasted more than 6 in a while. Nats need to try to get him over 20 an inning. Be patient. Play the long game. 

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If the strategy isn't to make him throw a ton early, that's a mistake. He hasn't lasted more than 6 in a while. Nats need to try to get him over 20 an inning. Be patient. Play the long game. 

Yeah, their bullpen sucks too.

And speaking of #LOLMets