Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Paloffs

Nerm

The Pats are playing in KC this week.  Interesting fact... Tom Brady currently has three road playoff wins in his career.  Mark Sanchez has four.  So my question is-

Is this the year that Tom Brady steps out of Mark Sanchez's shadow and ties him in road playoff wins?

11 hours ago, Nerm said:

The Pats are playing in KC this week.  Interesting fact... Tom Brady currently has three road playoff wins in his career.  Mark Sanchez has four.  So my question is-

Is this the year that Tom Brady steps out of Mark Sanchez's shadow and ties him in road playoff wins?

I know you are joking with this post, but I find it interesting that the Pats are 3-4 on the road during the playoffs since Brady/Belichick have been there.  Three of the four losses have come against Peyton Manning led teams (2006 Colt, 2013 Broncos, and 2015 Broncos) and the fourth was also against the Broncos in 2005.  It appears that the Pats have issues at Mile High in the playoffs.  As a matter of fact, the Broncos are the only team that Brady has a losing record against.  This will be Brady/Belichick's 13th AFC Championship game (8th in a row), and they are 8-4 in AFCC games going in.  Arrowhead is no Mile High, and Andy Reid is 12-13 in the playoffs as a HC, and 1 - 3 in Championship games.  It should make for an interesting game on Sunday.

8 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

I know you are joking with this post, but I find it interesting that the Pats are 3-4 on the road during the playoffs since Brady/Belichick have been there.  Three of the four losses have come against Peyton Manning led teams (2006 Colt, 2013 Broncos, and 2015 Broncos) and the fourth was also against the Broncos in 2005.  It appears that the Pats have issues at Mile High in the playoffs.  As a matter of fact, the Broncos are the only team that Brady has a losing record against.  This will be Brady/Belichick's 13th AFC Championship game (8th in a row), and they are 8-4 in AFCC games going in.  Arrowhead is no Mile High, and Andy Reid is 12-13 in the playoffs as a HC, and 1 - 3 in Championship games.  It should make for an interesting game on Sunday.

I love how easy it is to type "13th AFC championship game (8th in a row)" as though that isn't the kind of statistic that should make us **** our pants. Imagine a college basketball coach making 13 final fours and 8 in a row. Holy crap. What they've done is just bonkers.

2 hours ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

I love how easy it is to type "13th AFC championship game (8th in a row)" as though that isn't the kind of statistic that should make us **** our pants. Imagine a college basketball coach making 13 final fours and 8 in a row. Holy crap. What they've done is just bonkers.

Didn't UCLA comes close to that once?  Or was it at the pro level and Boston Celtics?

Interesting:

The Patriots are 13 of 18 making the AFCCG with Belichick/Brady. They've made the playoffs 17 of 18 times.

Meanwhile:

Dan's Snyderskins have made it to the NFCCG 0 of 20 times but did manage to squeak in to the playoffs in 5 of 20 seasons. And also won 2 playoff games and lost 5.

That's counting his first season as owner where they went 1-1 in the playoffs and he didn't get the chance to screw up the team yet.

Dan you are straight up garbage.

Sell the team!!!

11 hours ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

And depending upon your age (mine being 47) I remember when the Pats were 1 of the laughing stocks of the NFL after their crashing loss to the Bears in the Super Bowl and Raymond Berry being the coach the organization until Kraft bought them were very similar if not worse then where we find the Skins today.  If you would have said to me back in the late 80’s and early 90’s that the Patriots would have been the best franchise in the NFL in the 2000’s I definitely would have wondered what you had been smoking..... as you said about just being bonkers is so true about what they’ve accomplished 

4 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

They 've made the playoffs 17 of 18 times.

More like 16 out of 17 years in the playoffs with Brady (9-7 and no playoffs in 2002) and were 11-5 with Matt Cassell in 2008 and didn't make it, one of the rare seasons when an 11-5 team didn't get in.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Didn't UCLA comes close to that once?  Or was it at the pro level and Boston Celtics?

Think UCLA basketball won every title from like the mid 60s until the mid 70s, except one where NC State won. And the Celtics won every season in the 60s except one year when Philly took it.

This takes whining about officiating to a whole new level:

Angry Rams fans have started a petition to get ref removed from NFC Championship game and here’s why

Rams fans are so upset with the NFL's decision to have referee Bill Vinovich officiate Sunday's NFC Championship that they've actually started a petition to have him removed from the game. 

The reason Rams fans are mad is that because they seem to lose every single game that Vinovich is involved in. As we noted earlier this week when the officiating teams were announced, Vinovich has been the ref for eight games involving the Rams since 2012 and they've gone 0-8 in those games. Not only that, but the Rams have been hit with more penalty yardage in seven of the eight games (In the other game, they ended up with the same amount of penalty yardage). 

During the 2018 season, the Rams went 0-2 with Vinovich as their referee and that includes their first game with the Saints. During the Saints' 45-35 win over the Rams back in Week 9, there were six accepted penalties in the game with four going against Los Angeles and two going against New Orleans. 

Click on the link for the full article

On 1/18/2019 at 11:48 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I have a weird feeling that the AFC Game is going under the total. I know that it's the Patriots and I know what the Chiefs have done, but something tells me that we see some keep-away in Arrowhead Sunday night. I think the Patriots will be happy to run the ball and rely on quick/short passes. 

I think you're absolutely right about this. I know both offenses are capable of putting up a ton of points, but both offenses like methodical drives that eat up clock. It wouldn't surprise me if we go into half with each team only having 3 possessions. I can envision a 17-14 halftime score or lower.

And I have a firm rule: never bet on a quarterback in their first playoff run. A few have "proven me wrong" by winning games on the backs of amazing defenses (like Big Ben, Flacco, etc.), but very few QBs have amazing first time playoff runs no matter how good they were during the season. I can envision the chiefs winning, but that vision involves good defense and a running game that keeps Brady on the sideline. 

4 hours ago, China said:

Angry Rams fans have started a petition to get ref removed from NFC Championship game and here’s why

The reason Rams fans are mad is that because they seem to lose every single game that Vinovich is involved in.

The fix is in. Nah, it looks like it's more of a bad luck thing for the LA fans. He grew up in Orange County CA. According to the last part of the article I would guess that if they make it to the Super Bowl we'll hear the fans of the AFC winner petitioning against Parry. :P

On 1/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Vilandil Tasardur said:

Believe me, I wasn't typing that lightly.  That is an amazing accomplishment, one that I doubt I will ever be alive to see in happen again.  Love them or hate them, this Patriots era is the best in history.

Think its gotten to the point that when people say "they're sick of the Patriots," the 2001-2007 teams, still coached by Belichick and QB'd by Brady, are probably not even considered. It is the team that is going to its 4th SB in 5 seasons. Remember the halcyon 2008-2013 stretch when the Pats only made it to one SB???

11 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Saints got robbed of a Super Berth

They had plenty of opportunities to seal the deal after that egregious non-call.  The call was horrible, but it wasn't like it was on the final drive of the game and kept them from winning.  Hell, they had the ball first in OT and had a chance to seal the deal then, but didn't.  Up 13 - 0 at home to start the game, it is on them that they even let the Rams back in the game.  The non-call was horrible, and goes along with some of the horrible officiating we have seen over the years, especially the last couple, but it didn't cost the Saints a SB berth.  The Saints did that on their own.

24 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

They had plenty of opportunities to seal the deal after that egregious non-call.  The call was horrible, but it wasn't like it was on the final drive of the game and kept them from winning.  Hell, they had the ball first in OT and had a chance to seal the deal then, but didn't.  Up 13 - 0 at home to start the game, it is on them that they even let the Rams back in the game.  The non-call was horrible, and goes along with some of the horrible officiating we have seen over the years, especially the last couple, but it didn't cost the Saints a SB berth.  The Saints did that on their own.

Kinda did, because IIRC Saints could've run the clock down to nothing had they been given a fresh set of downs. 

edit:

qluIIfV.png

First down. Run two plays. Call time out with 4 seconds left. Kick it. 

On 1/19/2019 at 12:26 PM, China said:

This takes whining about officiating to a whole new level:

Rams fans are so upset with the NFL's decision to have referee Bill Vinovich officiate Sunday's NFC Championship that they've actually started a petition to have him removed from the game.

Click on the link for the full article

Wonder how Ram fans feel about those officials now? :)

On 1/19/2019 at 12:29 PM, Vilandil Tasardur said:

I think you're absolutely right about this. I know both offenses are capable of putting up a ton of points, but both offenses like methodical drives that eat up clock. It wouldn't surprise me if we go into half with each team only having 3 possessions. I can envision a 17-14 halftime score or lower.

And I have a firm rule: never bet on a quarterback in their first playoff run. A few have "proven me wrong" by winning games on the backs of amazing defenses (like Big Ben, Flacco, etc.), but very few QBs have amazing first time playoff runs no matter how good they were during the season. I can envision the chiefs winning, but that vision involves good defense and a running game that keeps Brady on the sideline. 

This is why it's so hard to win money gambling!

I feel like we pegged this game perfectly: the Patriots took the air out of the ball and jumped out to a 14-0 halftime lead on long, sustained drives. Despite the game going as I thought it would, both teams exploded in the 4th and it went comfortably over the total. HA!

5 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is why it's so hard to win money gambling!

I feel like we pegged this game perfectly: the Patriots took the air out of the ball and jumped out to a 14-0 halftime lead on long, sustained drives. Despite the game going as I thought it would, both teams exploded in the 4th and it went comfortably over the total. HA!

Yeah, I was laughing at myself as the 4th went along. I really didn't envision Mahomes or Reid making meaningful second half inroads after that shellacking. I also think that if Brady throws a TD instead of that redzone pick the game could easily end 27–7 or something along those lines, but that's the NFL for ya. 

Archived