Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD - 2018 Week 7: Welcomes the restless,drunken , die hard fans!!!

zCommander

Starting this one early this week as it is Dallas Week people... 2 more days to go. :)

The debate on the radio yesterday was:

If you could only choose one which one would you choose?

1. Beat Dallas and don't care about playoff appearance. 

2. Beating Dallas doesn't matter but getting into the playoff does. 

I SAY **** DALLAS!!! 

nfl-dallas-b.jpg

i-set-my-fxqtkx.jpg

HTTR!

Cruzan Rum and sleepy tea. Lol I've got a cookoff at a farm at 7am.

If we beat Dallas, were probably going to the playoffs, so that's a trick question. It's our division now.

I'm getting more and more excited for this game. Especially with the giants slack asses next.

That saints game was embarrassing, especially to the players and they let it be known they were pissed. They rebounded beating a very very good Carolina team.

This game is going to be a hell of a test and will really gauge our chances this season. It's a huge win if we can do it.

The answer to the question is an easy one.... deep playoff run. I honestly don’t understand anyone who says they’d rather beat Dallas twice and miss playoffs than get swept by Dallas and go deep. In 1995 we swept Dallas... and went 6-10. They won the SB. In no universe would any Dallas fan trade those results. If you would, you probably hate Dallas more than you love the Redskins. 

Beat Dallas and MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!..Go Redskins, beat the cowboys ass!!

25 minutes ago, kleese said:

The answer to the question is an easy one.... deep playoff run. I honestly don’t understand anyone who says they’d rather beat Dallas twice and miss playoffs than get swept by Dallas and go deep. In 1995 we swept Dallas... and went 6-10. They won the SB. In no universe would any Dallas fan trade those results. If you would, you probably hate Dallas more than you love the Redskins. 

This is an excellent point!!

3 hours ago, kleese said:

And this is how the argument went on the Radio by Grant Paulsen and Danny Rouhier.... the fandom of the older generation vs. the younger ones...

This notion of trading success against others for success against the Cowboys set the show on a collision course of ideology, pitting emotion vs. logic, a battle that cuts to the heart of fandom.

"Hang on. Hang on," Paulsen said. "You this year would trade in two games, and have a worse record, and miss out on the playoffs potentially, so that you could beat Dallas?"

"If I get to beat Dallas twice, absolutely," Rouhier said. "I care about it so much."

Paulsen rephrased the question: "The Redskins can go 10-6 and lose to the Cowboys both times. Or they can go 9-7 and beat the Cowboys twice, and at 10-6 they make the playoffs, and at 9-7 they do not. You're choosing beating the Cowboys and missing the playoffs?"

"Yes," Rouhier said. "Because that 10-6 team isn't going anywhere in all likelihood."

"Well that makes no sense," Paulsen reasoned.

"It's not about making sense and that's my point," Rouhier argued.

Paulsen: "That is a terrible bit."

Rouhier: "It's not. It's not a bit. It's a visceral reaction. That's the thing that you and younger fans don't understand."

Paulsen: "But that is a completely botched, warped prioritization."

Rouhier: "That's what fandom is."

Paulsen: "The entire point of this is to make the playoffs."

Rouhier: "No. The entire point is to beat the Cowboys on your way to doing something special. That's what made all the championships special. That's what 'We Want Dallas' was all about. And I understand it's not rational."

I can see the point Danny is trying to make **** Dallas twice regardless of if you are going to the playoffs or not. It is more about the rivalry and how it has diminished these days. Especially with the free agency.

The players might not believe in the hype/hatred but the fans do. 

Im going to watch my 'soccer' team this afternoon but my excitement is tempered for that because its dallas week and my excitement for that game is sky high. Im going to enjoy watching the soccer this afternoon but the minute that final whistle goes, make no mistake i will be thinking about nothing but the Skins laying a beating on the cow****es  for the next 30 hours. **** Dallas. 

Critical game for Gruden. I think if we win this one then we have a great shot at winning the division.

I’m 41 years old.... not sure if that qualifies me as an “old school” fan but I’m sure as hell not “new school.” I hate the Cowboys like all Redskins fans do, but I actually don’t hate them anymore than I hate the Eagles or Giants... it’s all equal to me. The rivalry is cool, but it has honestly been close to 40 years since both teams were SB contenders at the same time. 

1982-83 was the last time you’d say both teams could easily be predicted to win the SB. The Cowboys were down during our heyday after that. Then there was a brief resurgence in 1990-1992 when we were winding down and they were revving up. The games were fun in those years, but it was over quickly. We then were awful during the back end of their glory years of the 90’s. 

Since 1996 neither team has been a serious contender. There have been individual games here and there where we matched up and it mattered, but nothing on a huge national scale and nothing that was sustainable. 

The other thing is that the rivalry is pretty one-sided. They don’t hate us NEARLY as much as we hate them. Every fan base hates the Cowboys. I live down here— the Redskins aren’t a huge deal to Dallas fans. I think we are FOR SURE third on their hatred list just in the division alone. 

I do think the rivalry still still exists, but the years of lacking games that matter have taken their toll. 

I mean in 1991 they broke our win streak and kept us from a potential 16-0 season. But I would not have traded the ring in exchange for sweeping them. That’s absurd. 

Even this year I would 100% prefer 10-6 with two Dallas losses to 9-7 with two Dallas wins. It’s not even a consideration. 

The biggest regular season games for me are always against dallas.  I hate them as a team, although apart from Ewok Elliott I have no problems with their players.  The eagles are a fairly close second and the giants a distant third.

I wish that I disliked the giants more, but apart from Odell Beckham and the Mara thing I'm a bit ambivalent. It probably goes back to Lawrence Taylor who was a bit of a hero of mine, even after the Theismann hit.

Anyway, back on point. I would rather that we made the playoffs and lost twice to the cowboys, because those two losses would ultimately become irrelevant, even though they would hurt at the time.

I hate everything about their existence. I hate their fans for the most part.  I can’t stand looking at Zeke.  I like when Dak confirms my thoughts, that he’s a wack QB.  I absolutely hated seeing them dominate the Jags last week.  Just seeing the glee in all their faces, fans, players, coaches, etc. makes my skin crawl.

My hatred for Dallas is probably more alive than my love for the Skins these days.

Just find a way to win.  This stretch of games coming up is where you determine if you are going to have a season or not.  Where just being slightly above average should result in more wins than losses.  That has to start tomorrow with a division win at home.

Beat the **** out of them cowboys!!.Hail em up skins!!!..our time to shine!..****in crack head pill poppers from down stairs has me awake, so naturally I'm checking in. Delivered milk for the farm which lead for an early start and an early ending. It's football season so I only drink when the skins r playing. Walked out my front door to head to the farm and as I looked in the sky I seen a shooting star..Danmn skippy I made a wish! Haha gooooo Redskins!!

5 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Old Man and the Gun 

Is this a movie?

I'm really excited for this game. I've been so blah feeling because of how we lost to the Saints and Colts. Beating the Pack and Panthers was great, because we dont generally win those games. 

I hope Sean Lee is out. I wanted to draft Van Der Esch too, so seeing those two beat out offense is going to hurt 

My two year old daughter is starting to learn the words to hail to the redskins. Proud daddy moment and a good sign on Dallas day.

Its morning here in the UK already. Kick off is 9.30pm tonight... Ive got an observed lesson to plan for Tuesday (Im a teacher) but all i can think about is the Skins puttin a whooping on 'dem ****es'.

Come on Skins, dont let me down.

HTTR

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm really excited for this game. I've been so blah feeling because of how we lost to the Saints and Colts. Beating the Pack and Panthers was great, because we dont generally win those games. 

The panthers, yes, generally a team we lose to. Although we’ve played pretty well against the packers in this decade. Losing only twice (2013 week 2, and 2015-2016 season wildcard game). We won in 2010, 2016, and this year. 

13 minutes ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

Such a huge opportunity in front of us to take control of this division. Although early in the season, this feels like a tipping point game to me. 

Agreed. 4-2 would be pretty huge for this team, with how bad the rest of the division has been playing so far (other than the eagles beatdown of the giants, and the cowboys beatdown of the jaguars). 

So basically this means we’ll end up losing. I hope I’m wrong. 

Oddly, I hate the Giants more than Dallas, and Dallas more than Philadelphia (but not by much). 

Maybe it's because --LATELY--- I haven't been running into enough really obnoxious Dallas fans to re-kindle that rivalry.  Whereas there are lots of obnoxious Giants fans, even when the team is doing poorly.

The thing that bothers me the most about the Giants, is how they continue -- season after season -- to benefit from seriously slanted hometown refereeing, even when they're on the road. 

I don't know why but whenever you play the Giants, especially in their stadium, it's not a level playing field.  And I've observed this happening to any team they play, except maybe Pittsburgh.  After a few seasons of this, I find myself inwardly hoping that the Giants' opponent overcomes the cheesy ref-calls and beats New York, even if that opponent is Dallas!   (But I feel conflicted afterwards. ?)

15 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Still contemplating on whether to go or not. Damn foot injury makes it hard to walk, and I'll have to be walkin' from the Metro stop to the stadium. One of the few times I will complain about stadium location (due to my injury)

You have tickets? If you do, and choose not to go, i know someone who wouldn’t mind taking a ticket off your hands :P (me) 

Archived