Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UMD/TEXAS destroying FedEx Field

Littleyog

This owner always thinks the cheapest way possible to preserve fedex field.  Look at the Lerners, they just added an amazing draught system this offseason, Teddy is changing the seating in the entire stadium because the seats are old and the purple seats are not colors of any of his teams.  Meanwhile, our seats are a joke and discolored every where

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Snyder installed a new drainage system along with a new grass surface,years ago. Overall the field has held up well the last four or five years. Still two weeks until our first home game. I think our field will be fine.

I hope so, but either way that was a big win for UMD today.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can we make this like the official "State of the Field" thread?  I'm curious how other teams do in regards to how often the field looks torn up like ours gets.

If memory serves me correctly, our field is usually in line or better then green bay, Chicago and other outdoor northern fields.

I've read many complaints about all of them, and the state of them by end of season 

8 minutes ago, Xameil said:

If memory serves me correctly, our field is usually in line or better then green bay, Chicago and other outdoor northern fields.

I've read many complaints about all of them, and the state of them by end of season 

Okay, maybe this just my ignorance, but how realistic is it to ask for the field to look close to brand new every home game?  If that's possible, it should be something Snyder can afford, correct?

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Okay, maybe this just my ignorance, but how realistic is it to ask for the field to look close to brand new every home game?  If that's possible, it should be something Snyder can afford, correct?

I think others have tried that, as have the ground crew at FedEx. The problem inst so much the beginning of the year. It's when it turns to winter. Real grass and cold weather/snow dont get along well...

Obvious solution is to have 3 fields of turf. After 2 games of play a new field is rolled inside the stadium while the old one is repaired and re-seeded under a giant climate and light controlled greenhouse. But seeing that we can't even maintain a practice bubble, it probably won't happen.

Highlights don't really give it to you. Literally splashes under every step rising six inches off the ground, Standing water. This highlight package, the only play in the fourth quarter that shows feet is the last minute of the game.

It was BAD.

~Bang

On 9/1/2018 at 5:15 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s not games that chew up the field, it’s 40000 concert fans tearing it up all day long.

Looks like it’s draining pretty well to me.

Yup, South Carolina Game****s just had to re-turf the entire field due to the Jay-Z/Beyonce concert ruining the field despite the protection they put over the field.  Good news is that the concert's insurance is paying for it, not the college.  The concerts are the worst thing for these stadiums.  It's why the baseball stadiums, where they play 81-plus games each year, rarely, if ever, do concerts.  

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Highlights don't really give it to you. Literally splashes under every step rising six inches off the ground, Standing water. This highlight package, the only play in the fourth quarter that shows feet is the last minute of the game.

It was BAD.

~Bang

They got a lot of rain.

It doesn't look like the field was being torn up, or " destroyed ", though.

As i said, that highlight reel shows almost none of the 4th quarter, and the little bit it does show barely shows any of the field. The only play in the entire 4th quarter it shows where you can even see their feet is with a minute to go,  and you got one play.

As you said,, in the highlight reel it doesn't look bad. Because you can't see it. 

I was sitting here watching every play. A ridiculous amount of water. Divots all over the place. Guys sliding for 2-3 yards through water when tackled. Players literally splashing through standing water that was just laying on the turf practically the entire quarter.

It was a lot of water, Especially after a delay that was at last an hour for a relatively short cloudburst. You could see areas especially near the sidelines getting brown and churned a bit. 

Fedex field is a dump. Destroyed.. there's a soccer game coming up and 8 pro games to play on it..  it's not a field that is in the best shape it can be to begin a season to say the very very least.

Maybe someone with knowledge can tell me why there was so much water, but stadiums drain better than that.

~Bang

Archived