Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Racism in America.... Is it worse now after the 2016 election?

brandymac27

Michigan State Candidate Says American Families Should Be All-White

A far-right radio host running for a Michigan state Senate seat as a Democrat complained last month how a standard family is no longer portrayed as “a white mom, a white dad, and white kids,” according to the Detroit News. Randy Bishop, who goes by “Trucker Randy,” made the comments on his March 31 radio show, perpetuating the racist argument that the media is controlled by Black Americans who seek to raise issues of voter suppression while somehow suppressing white Americans. “Can’t even watch a college basketball tournament without commercials telling me I have to feel guilty because I think a family should be a white mom, a white dad, and white kids,” he said. “They want us to die and go away. And they’re going to try to do it through politics this year. Well, we have got to be just as smart.” His comments on Black Americans were even starker: “Why are we allowing such a small percentage of our population to control our society? Because they own the media. Because they own the politicians. Because they own the public schools.”

Wisconsin man charged with federal hate crime after allegedly leaving threatening notes on Black neighbors' vehicles and slashing their tires

A Wisconsin man charged with a federal hate crime was released on his own recognizance last week, according to court documents obtained by CNN.

Milwaukee County resident William McDonald allegedly targeted at least one Puerto Rican neighbor and eight Black residents in his apartment complex, "willfully injuring, intimidating, or interfering with another's housing rights because of their race, color, or national origin by force or threat of force," according to the criminal complaint.

The alleged incidents spanned from March 2021 through April 2022, according to the affidavit.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...

Former 'National Review' Editor Calls for Supreme Court to Overturn Brown v. Board Next

Monday night’s leak of a draft opinion showing that the Supreme Court is ready to fully overturn Roe v. Wade has prompted many a conservative to show their retrograde, bigoted asses and confirm that the end of Roe will also affect many, many other rights and freedoms.

One conservative, in particular, took to the alt-right social media site Gab to call for the court to overturn Brown v. Board of Education, the 1954 case that struck down racial segregation in public schools.

Peter Brimelow is a former editor at the conservative National Review (a relatively mainstream publication!) who now runs a white nationalist website called VDare; the site’s tagline is “we inform the fight to keep America American.” Brimelow shared the story about the leak on Gab, per extremism reporter Nick Martin, and seemed excited about the prospect of legal public segregation: “Next stop Brown vs. Board!”

On 3/10/2022 at 8:11 PM, China said:

Travis and Gregory McMichael Fight to Appeal Federal Hate Crime Convictions in Ahmaud Arbery's Killing

A couple of weeks ago, all three of the killers involved in the 2020 death of Ahmaud Abrery were convicted of federal hate crimes. Now two of the killers, Travis McMichael and his father Greg McMichael are looking for an acquittal of their federal hate crimes convictions, according to CNN.

The father and son, who both filed separate motions for judgments of acquittal on all the federal charges, are arguing that the killing of the 25-year-old Black man did not happen on public streets and that the government did not give enough evidence for them to be convicted.

According to CNN, court records show that William R. Bryan, the third man convicted in the killing of Arbery, has not filed a motion since the federal hate crimes trial ended.

After Arbery killing, 16 calls between DA, shooter's dad

One of the men convicted of murder in the street chase and fatal shooting of Ahmaud Arbery spoke with his former boss, the local district attorney, several times by phone in the days and weeks following the 2020 killing, according to a court document filed Thursday.

Investigators found that the day after the shooting, then-Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Jackie Johnson placed a phone call to Greg McMichael, a retired investigator for her office who initiated the deadly pursuit of Arbery. The call lasted more than nine minutes, prosecutors said in a misconduct case against Johnson said in the legal filing.

The filing opposes defense motions seeking dismissal of the case.

It listed 16 calls between phone numbers for Johnson and McMichael starting Feb. 23, 2020, when McMichael left Johnson a voicemail about an hour after the shooting, and ending May 5, 2020, the day graphic cellphone video of Arbery's killing leaked online. The video sparked a national outcry over the young Black man's death at the hands of three white pursuers.

More than half the calls lasted just a few seconds to a minute, suggesting some went unanswered and others involved voicemails. Seven calls lasted between just shy of three minutes to 21 minutes, according to the court record.

A grand jury indicted Johnson last year on a felony charge of violating her oath of office as well as a misdemeanor count of hindering a police investigation. Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr's office is prosecuting the case, which alleges Johnson used her position to protect McMichael and his son.

• 2 weeks later...

Watch: Lyft driver kicks a woman out of his car after she asks him if he's 'a normal guy' who 'speaks English'

A Lyft driver on Friday kicked out a woman who entered his car and started making racist remarks, a video that went viral on social media shows. 

The Lyft driver, who identified himself as James W. Bode, posted the video taken from his dashcam on Facebook.

The video, timestamped 10:37 p.m. on Friday night, shows a woman entering Bode's car, with a man following behind her. 

Click on the link for the video

• Thumb up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Republican politicians all over the country have repeated the Great Replacement theory

Congressional candidate Joe Kent took to Twitter last summer to repeat a racist theme that has become commonplace in the country’s immigration debate and upcoming elections.

“The left is supporting an invasion of illegal immigrants to replace American voters and undercut working class jobs,” Kent wrote.

Then in the spring, in an interview with a white nationalist group, he nodded along as the host said Democrats don't care about the "Anglos" or "the founding stock of America." 

• Thumb down 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two White Men Arrested After Viral Vids Capture Terrifying Attack on Black Teen

Two white men were arrested in Florida this week and accused of racial profiling after allegedly hurling a massive stone at a Black teen who was driving in the same town where Trayvon Martin was killed in 2012.

“I was racially profiled while driving through my friends neighborhood,” the victim, who identified himself as JJ, wrote on his Instagram Wednesday. “They didn’t like the way I was driving, so they felt the need to hit my car with a cone, and throw a rock through my window. All I wanted to do was de-escalate until police came, because I wasn’t about to get charges pressed on me for no reason.”

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeznxMEO1HK/

Click on the links for more

Florida 61-Year-Old Loses His McDonald’s Job After Attack on Black Teen

One of the white men arrested for allegedly attacking a Black teen in a residential Florida neighborhood this week appears to have lost a major source of income. In a statement to The Daily Beast, McDonald’s confirmed that Howard Hughes is no longer employed by one of its Orlando franchisees. “We are deeply disturbed and disappointed by what we’ve seen in this video,” local McDonald’s owner and operator James Gilchrist wrote. “This behavior goes against our values and is not tolerated. I can confirm this individual is no longer employed by my organization.” Hughes, 61, and Donald Corsi, 52, were booked by Seminole County police Wednesday. Hughes was charged with felony property damage and misdemeanor battery for the alleged assault on a 16-year-old. 

Click on the link for the rest

• 2 weeks later...

Portland man charged with hate crimes for punching 5-year-old and her father because they’re ‘Japanese’

A man has been charged with bias crimes in Portland, Oregon, after allegedly attacking a man and his 5-year-old daughter because he thought they were Japanese.

The victims, who came from California, were riding bikes along the Eastbank Esplanade on Saturday at around 3:45 p.m. when Dylan J. Kesterson, 34, approached them and “made comments about his perception that they were of Japanese descent,” Portland police said.

After making the remark, Kesterson allegedly began hitting the 36-year-old man in the head. He then punched the man’s 5-year-old daughter in her bike helmet “numerous times.”

Witnesses in the area immediately intervened, according to reports. Kesterson, who walked away, was arrested nearby shortly after.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

'Ben Shapiro, you've spun your last dreidel' - armed activist in video

"Alright, Ben Shapiro, you've spun your last dreidel," said an extreme far-right activist in a video, before he fired three shots from a revolver at a gun range in a video posted by The Informant's Nick Martin on Monday.

Aidan Duncan, who also goes by the pseudonym Smiley the Fren, joked about shooting American Conservative Jewish political commentator Shapiro in a now-deleted Instagram video of Duncan at a gun range in Nevada, Martin reported.

Fired Kansas City area teacher sues, claiming discrimination as white, male Christian

A former Harrisonville science teacher fired a year ago for allegedly making racist comments in the classroom contends in a federal lawsuit that the district discriminated against him when it terminated his employment.

John Magoffin filed the lawsuit Monday in the U.S. District Court in Western Missouri against the Harrisonville School District, alleging the district violated his civil rights by retaliating against him and firing him.

Superintendent Paul Mensching, said he was unable to comment about the suit because it’s a personnel issue and because they have not received formal notification.

Click on the link for he full article

Ugghh.........

More examples of just how severely warped people are, but it begs the question "Is it worse now?"

And I'd answer no, it isn't worse, we're all just seeing it for how bad it really always has been, much the same way we saw a torrent of abuse cases once the Catholic Church finally admitted it was happening.

They're all being outed, not a single one of them can contain themselves and have to leave an indelible record of their sickness but increasing? I have to doubt that.

Normal, stable people are not going to be "recruited" to attack __________ just because they see others do it, in my experience they are repulsed by these trogs. The difference I have yet to see and that I believe we need is when normal people speak up, speak out, shout down the orcs and drive them from the public discourse.

I am well aware that my own experiences are anecdotal at best and perhaps meaningful only to me, I am one small voice in one small state but the last several years have led me more than anything to reassess myself. What might I think/do/feel/believe even unwittingly that can be construed as pro-sickies. I don't think I have changed in any radical manner but I do try to see it differently, try to be all Hippocratic- First do no harm- and understand that others see me as part of that cohort. I'm an old white guy- I fit the profile- so I feel obliged to do more than just not attend a cross burning, I have to speak up if I want others to, I can (and do) say things publicly that others cannot or feel they cannot and if nothing else, let them hear voices raised so they can know this IS in the conversation. And overwhelmingly it has been well received without my trying to "pretend" to be anything more than what I am. 

Hard times but this is how change happens. One of the truly valuable attributes of age is that it gives you enough perspective, enough parallax to know that this too shall pass and we can be better for it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Warren man charged with hate crime after pointing gun at Black man, shouting racial slur

A Warren man is facing several charges, including a hate crime charge, after allegedly pointing a gun and firing shots at a Black man walking down the street and calling him a racial slur.

Police say 53-year-old Anthony Mangiapane was standing on Schoenherr near 8 Mile when he pointed a gun at a 37-year-old Black man and shouted, "N***** you better get moving" and then fired three shots.

Police were called and Mangiapane barricaded himself in a business and later surrendered. Inside the business, police found a grenade and a cache of weapons that included pistols, shotguns, AR-15-style rifles with high-capacity magazines, Nazi memorabilia and what they say may be a German Luger pistol.