Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sorry, who do you mean by "Bill" ?

Is Bill the name of another GM we might trade with ?

Or you talking about Buffalo Bills ?

Maybe it's obvious, and I'm having a brain fart.

Was responding to ne trading up. I think the likelihood is minimal at best 

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The Jets could use a TE... just throwing that out there. 

Agree, was thinking about that too, but how much value would that really add in a trade. Thing is, the jump to #3 in gonna take multiple high round picks however we slice it. 

I might stomach a jump to #9 with say the Bills. But that's it.

Hoffman just talked.  He thinks any trade up would be for Murray.  He doesn't think they are into Haskins or for that matter any of these QBs.  He said some in the FO are absolutely adamant about not trading up.  Too many needs, etc.

Garafalo just on 106.7.  He said they poked around on the 5th pick and the 3rd pick.  Suggested some in the building there dig Haskins and hinted some not so much.  Keim has hinted something similar.  Finlay flat out saying the majority in the FO aren't into Haskins at least from the stand point as comparing him to Lock.  Sheehan said Jay doesn't care for Haskins and the FO prefers Lock.

The QB talk could be pure smokescreen.  Will see.  If it isn't a smokescreen than the narrative seems to be Dan likely being the Haskins guys versus some of his scouts.  If so the last narratives like that I can recall:  Supposedly according to one report Dan wanted Ramsey in spite of his FO people.  And Dan fell in love with Brady Quinn but Redskins scouts talked him out of it.  This would be round 3 I guess of Dan versus the scouts.  If it's true.  And It's a big if.  If this is all a some screen -- then very well played. 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Agree, was thinking about that too, but how much value would that really add in a trade. Thing is, the jump to #3 in gonna take multiple high round picks however we slice it. 

I might stomach a jump to #9 with say the Bills. But that's it.

15 to 9 is doable. 15 to 3 is mortgaging the future away

45 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Please.  That was his worst game of the season, and it wasn't that bad.  I don't understand how anyone can watch the play at 5:30 and not realize this kid is ****ing special. 

I don't understand how you can watch a guy so clearly uncomfortable in the pocket when pressured that his mechanics fall apart, with no great athleticism to get out of the pocket to buy time to make plays and think the guy is ****ing special. 

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I am 100% confident that the draftnik world is suffering from some really bad groupthink on Haskins and that they are missing on him like they missed on Watson.  He is a no-brainer top 5 talent and I'm as confident in my evaluation of his strengths and weaknesses as I was with Watson and Baker Mayfield.  He would transform our passing game.  Instead of having this fearful, seat of the pants quarterbacking that can't do anything against bad leverage situations we would have a workhorse passer who is efficient, accurate, and legitimately powerful.  Someone who puts confidence in our huddles and sidelines and leads our franchise with ability.  We could be one of the NFL's blue blood teams instead of the plucky try-hards who need everything to go right just to run a half-way competent offense.

I was high on both Baker and Watson too. Sorry but Haskins is so much more flawed and I don't agree with most of the things you are saying there. Baker and Watson can go off schedule and don't need everything to go right in order to run a competent offense but Haskins is much closer to that description. Get pressure in his face and he'll melt. 

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't have an idea either honestly, everyone and their mother knew we loved RGlll and look how the Rams took advantage of that situation. That trade gave me some serious PTSD about trading up for QBs. I think maybe if the Giants pass on him at 6, it's time to start sending out some serious feelers. Yes, if we can use players in the trade that is the best case scenario imo. Those trades seem a bit more rare on draft day though (probably only because it's on draft day). 

You have to lay the groundwork for a trade involving players ahead of time.  The contract/cap stuff and medical info and all that has to be worked out.

But, in a situation like this, you can't really pull the trigger on a trade up until the team we've discussed the scenario with is on the clock.

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Dear God this is going to be one wild ****ed up ride if Dan Snyder has taken over the 1st round.  

That doesn't pass the smell test at all.  But any organization would absolutely get ownership to sign off on a big trade up for a QB.  Doesn't mean that ownership is the one making the evaluation and pushing for the trade up.

3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Dear God this is going to be one wild, ****ed up ride if Dan Snyder has taken over the 1st round. 

The people who cover this team behind the scenes (along with some of the national guys) have successfully painted the picture that Haskins is Dan's baby with some clear disagreement in that building from some.  I am guessing the narrative though would quickly change to Murray if the Cards don't take him. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman just talked.  He thinks any trade up would be for Murray.  He doesn't think they are into Haskins or for that matter any of these QBs.  He said some in the FO are absolutely adamant about not trading up.  Too many needs, etc.

That sounds far too sensible and smart to be true.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Unless the trade up is to #1, then it's probably not a trade up for Murray.

Could be.  some think that the Cards really like both Q. Williams and Bosa so its not a given that they trade the pick.  I still think they take Murray.  But heck I'll give them credit they kept people guessing until the end. 

The Redskins O has some talent on the line and at running back. The tight end position has some oomph too, but is too often injured to really be counted. Given that, there is no point in selling the farm for a QB. Why get the best milking machine in the market if you don't have any cows?

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Could be.  some think that the Cards really like both Q. Williams and Bosa so its not a given that they trade the pick.  I still think they take Murray.  But heck I'll give them credit they kept people guessing until the end.  

Murray is the best player in the class and he's a quarterback.  Forget about all of the speculation and misinformation swirling around out there, and think about what makes sense.  Odds are that Murray is going to go #1 in some shape or form.  And given that the coach of the Cardinals publicly banged the table for the kid to go #1 in his old job, long before he had a dog in the fight, it's probably going to be them picking him.

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That doesn't pass the smell test at all.  But any organization would absolutely get ownership to sign off on a big trade up for a QB.  Doesn't mean that ownership is the one making the evaluation and pushing for the trade up.

could be.  But if you buy reporters who cover the team, Dan's pet position is QB.  Him interfering according to some is over played.  but he's had his finger prints on a lot of the moves at QB much of which we've documented over the years here. 

Guys who are covering the team are flat out saying some in the FO aren't enamored with Haskins.   Does Dan have a FO supporter on the pick if all of this is true?  Probably.  If you buy one rumor that dude is Doug Williams.

But again it's the day before the draft so this could all be BS, smokescreen.    If for example Finlay and Sheehan are right and they prefer Drew Lock, it would serve them to get this out there that they are focused on Haskins.

Garafalo said that some think you got to move up to 5 to leapfrog the Giants to get Haskins but he said he's confident Haskins isn't their guy so there is no need.  Garafalo used to cover the Giants. 

Again all could be wrong.  At least it's entertaining.  😀

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Murray is the best player in the class and he's a quarterback.  Forget about all of the speculation and misinformation swirling around out there, and think about what makes sense.  Odds are that Murray is going to go #1 in some shape or form.  And given that the coach of the Cardinals publicly banged the table for the kid to go #1 in his old job, long before he had a dog in the fight, it's probably going to be them picking him.

I agree that Murray is going to the Cards and that he's the best player in the draft.

The positive about this situation is that Dan Snyder doesn't know what he's going to do meaning that other teams definitely won't be able to predict his next move meaning they could be forced into making aggressive moves to try to get to the right place on the board to get a particular player which somehow could help to open the board for the Skins. 

Archived