Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear SkinsNation, their is a very high probability that the Redskins will play the Patriots in this upcoming superbowl

SkinsDude1988

20 hours ago, Tommy-the-Greek said:

This season reminds me of the 85 Bears,

NO WAY...the 85 Bears pretty much destroyed everybody...kept opponents to 10 or fewer points in 11 or 16 regular season games and all three playoff games.

In the playoffs, they gave up 3 points over 11 quarters before giving up a TD in the 4th qtr of the SB.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/chicago-bears/results/1985

Does Joe T still have nightmares about his 1 yard punt vs. the Bears in 1985?

On 10/30/2018 at 5:08 PM, SkinsDude1988 said:

how are you skins fan enjoying your season so far

I have never been wrong on a preseason prediction, i have a good feeling you guys will play tom brady in the superbowl

So, what were you basing this off of when you made your prediction? 

Did you see the defense shaping up like it has? I hoped it would improve, but didn't really expect it to go from bottom-five to top-five. 

The 85 Bears "D" allowed 12.4 per game and 198 for the season. This "D" would have to allow an average of 7 points a game over the last 9 games to have the same average. Actually it is 7.5, so if they were to allow 7 or less per game they would be statistically better.

The 85 Bears got better as the season progressed. They allowed 15 per game over their first 7 games. We are now at 19 over 7 games.

Now the Bears were coming off a loss in the NFC championship game in 84, but you could see that "D" under Buddy Ryan was going to be special. This group reminds me of that group. They have the potential to be really special. SO it may be better to call this "D" the 84 Bears with the potential to be better then the 85 Bears. We shall see. The comparison with that team is not so far fetched. 

The Bears had a top ten all time running back at the twilight of his career. So do we. They had a serviceable QB and so do we. They had a true #1 WR in Gault, we shall see what our WR's will be. They did have a fridge on short and goal to block as a fullback or run it himself, I would love to see one of our "D" front 7 take on that role. They could be a fullback for AP or just run over people on the goal line.

2 hours ago, Tommy-the-Greek said:

The 85 Bears got better as the season progressed. They allowed 15 per game over their first 7 games. We are now at 19 over 7 games. With today's officiating slant towards Offensive production, I don't see a field goal per game being much different production wise...

The Bears had a top ten all time running back at the twilight of his career. So do we. They had a serviceable QB and so do we. They had a true #1 WR in Gault, we shall see what our WR's will be. They did have a fridge on short and goal to block as a fullback or run it himself, I would love to see one of our "D" front 7 take on that role. They could be a fullback for AP or just run over people on the goal line. Hasn't Ryan Anderson been playing fullback in short yardage situations?

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Did you see the defense shaping up like it has? I hoped it would improve, but didn't really expect it to go from bottom-five to top-five. 

He is a time-traveler from the future here to make his fortune on the bet he placed back in August.......

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You can make that bet RIGHT NOW and make a fortune. No need for him to have done it in August :)

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/14746471/nfl-latest-super-bowl-liii-odds-westgate-las-vegas-superbook

I love the fact that the Raiders, 49ers, Cards, Giants opened with way better odds than us.

See where they are right now.

Sure those guys in Vegas know what they are doing lol. I can deal with Garroppolo injury, but others? LOL.

Anyway, at 40/1, you're not gonna make a fortune expect if you already drop a fortune on it.

4 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I made a thread before this one about the Skins vs. Pats fantasy but the reality was I did that based on the talent that was on our D. The coaching part I wasn't so concerned about.  The offense is doing a lot less than I thought they would. Even if we make it to NFCCG the Rams right now looks like the team to beat. I can see Rams vs. Pats SB instead. 

I don't even gamble. I just believed the Skins will do more this year. :)

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

I made a thread before this one about the Skins vs. Pats fantasy but the reality was I did that based on the talent that was on our D. The coaching part I wasn't so concerned about.  The offense is doing a lot less than I thought they would. Even if we make it to NFCCG the Rams right now looks like the team to beat. I can see Rams vs. Pats SB instead. 

I don't even gamble. I just believed the Skins will do more this year. :)

I saw the defense improving...but I was thinking middle pack. Like you, I also thought the offense would be much better than it's been. The reason this stands out though is that I'm able to convince myself of those things almost every year :)

On 11/1/2018 at 1:31 PM, Tommy-the-Greek said:

This season reminds me of the 85 Bears, AP instead of WP, Alex instead of Jim, our "D" could very well be as dominate down the stretch. Well guys we need a damn fridge. Can Daron run short and goal?...lol

No one's going to match the '85 Bears - just based off the way rules are biased against defenses, I don't think we'll see such a dominant group again. I like the Skins D and their attitude, but they still have something to prove if they can shut down high flying offenses like that of LAR, KC, NE, etc.

All that said, would love it if this prediction came true!

4 minutes ago, BornToHail said:

No one's going to match the '85 Bears - just based off the way rules are biased against defenses, I don't think we'll see such a dominant group again. I like the Skins D and their attitude, but they still have something to prove if they can shut down high flying offenses like that of LAR, KC, NE, etc.

All that said, would love it if this prediction came true!

I agree that the 1985 Bears are off the charts and unattainable. 

If we were to make a run, it would be much more in the 2000 Ravens mold. We aren't there, but if this team were to "catch fire" it would be that formula:

Stuff the run

Power running game

Just enough passing

Limit mistakes

I'm just not sure that can take a team all the way these days...would love to be proven wrong. 

I'm smiling because I love you guys, truly, but I honestly think everyone is on crazy pills. 

If Carmine "the big sausage" Cavalero decrees washington to the superbowl, then somebody needs to use cgi to fix the film, because the eye in the sky don't lie. And things don't line up. 

I simply can't believe screen passes and shotgun cross-face mesh sweep are going to take this team to the superbowl. Especially when all that teams have to do is stop the run and force Smith to throw deep. 

28 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

other than the OP?

And the OP (actually) may be the only sane one here, when seen from a certain point of view. Truth be told. 

Because the mafia connection to the NFL has long since been well established. And the manipulation of the game, by the underwriters of the NFL has irretrievably changed the game both stylistically from a visual standpoint and also too fundamentally from a rules perspective. That's not been by accident. 

The referees insinuating themselves back into controlling the game most recently with rouging the passer penalties -- 2018 edition, is just a fair reminder of how the game can be easily manipulated at any given moment. 

Neither too is the estimated 2.3 billion dollars, PER YEAR, thanks to legalized gambling, that the gambling infrastructure, mafia, is estimated to underwrite the NFL for their operational funds, alongside the TV broadcast rights companies. Underwriters are the ones who set the conditions to be met for funding. That's how mortgages works. 

Any further dialogue on the subject probably should stay off public. ?

16 hours ago, zskins said:

Even if we make it to NFCCG the Rams right now looks like the team to beat. I can see Rams vs. Pats SB instead. 

Huge If the Redskins were to somehow advance to the NFCCG I would personally rather face the Rams than the Saints 

I think we match up well against the Rams and we went out there last season and beat them maybe because we know the head coach so well ?

The Saints just really seemed to have our number when we played them on Monday night and would win again 

The Rams however I would feel confident in that game 

6 hours ago, c slag said:

Huge If the Redskins were to somehow advance to the NFCCG I would personally rather face the Rams than the Saints 

I think we match up well against the Rams and we went out there last season and beat them maybe because we know the head coach so well ?

The Saints just really seemed to have our number when we played them on Monday night and would win again 

The Rams however I would feel confident in that game 

Ah...but here is the rub. Last year we had Kirk who can air it out. Don't think Alex can do that if we fall behind. 

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Monk4thaHALL, who here is on crazy pills other than the OP? From the responses I’ve seen, seems like everyone (just about) thinks the OP is on something ???  none of us believe we are going to the super bowl. Trust me. NONE of us. 

That would be OP + 1. When I started that fantasy thread it was based on what I thought would happen but I didn't want you all to call me crazy (since it was back in Aug) so I did the fantasy bit instead. :D

Obviously I thought Alex would be a tad bit better than Kirk. Hoping by having some weapons back on the offence along with Quinn it could still happen. :)

Archived