Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

From the Woodward book. This guy will stand behind anyone with a R behind his name.

Trump gave some private advice to a friend who had acknowledged some bad behavior toward women. Real power is fear. It’s all about strength. Never show weakness. You’ve always got to be strong. Don’t be bullied. There is no choice. “You’ve got to deny, deny, deny and push back on these women,” he said. “If you admit to anything and any culpability, then you’re dead. That was a big mistake you made. You didn’t come out guns blazing and just challenge them. You showed weakness. You’ve got to be strong. You’ve got to be aggressive. You’ve got to push back hard. You’ve got to deny anything that’s said about you. Never admit.”

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What percentage of Americans do you think have no principles?

It seems like that number increases every week. 

Her coming forward is a huge deal. The therapist stuff is also a huge deal. This is not looking good for him, and I suspect the usual suspects will attack the accuser in predictable ways. 

Unlike some I don’t automatically believe the accuser, but once someone is willing to put their face and name go an accusation i don’t attack the accusation either. 

And if her her story is true then “sexual misconduct” is a gross under statement. Sounds like attempted rape is the correct term. And if you’re not sure, just ask what you’d want him charged with if that’s your daughter. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I recall that was more Franken basically copping to it, rather than allegations merely existing.  

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I get the feeling she called their bluff.  They thought she was full of crap, and would bail. 

That will be high drama if the Republicand try to strongarm and badger her.  The optics of a bunch of old men trying to tell her she's lying wont be good.  They will look like complete a-holes, especially if she's credible, which so far she seems to be.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I recall that was more Franken basically copping to it, rather than allegations merely existing.  

“I did find the allegations against him to be both credible, disgusting and appalling and degrading to women,” she told host George Stephanopoulos.

Franken did apologize for it but look at those words. "Allegations against him credible."

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/19/collins-franken-credible-disgusting-appalling-248510

Even if these allegations are credible against Kavanaugh, she will still vote for his confirmation because she is a piece of dung.

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That will be high drama if the Republicand try to strongarm and badger her.  The optics of a bunch of old men trying to tell her she's lying wint ve good.  They will look like complete a-holes, especially if she's credible, which so far she seems to be.  

I liked the rest of your post, but I don’t think they mind this part. 

They stood behind a pedophile. If there’s a line they’re not willing to cross, I don’t know where it is, and they’re going to have to show me it. They get no benefit of the doubt from me. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Also, there are three other Republican women on the Senate too. Why are we so focused on Murkowski and Collins. Deb Fisher is up this year? Why isn't anyone talking to her?

doesn’t it boil down to them making a half-assed stand on repealing ACA?

I have zero faith in any of them living up to this “republican with morals” nonsense. 

• Like 1

I was unaware that Ford took, and passed, a lie-detector test.  On top of the news that she has discussed this alleged sexual assault with her therapist years ago, well before Kavanaugh was a household name. 

Ford's credibility is skyrocketing.   Let's get right to it so we can get this over with.  Strap Kavanaugh to a lie-detector test (since Ford already took and passed one) and ask him questions about what transpired that day 30 years ago. :ph34r:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, twa said:

That is assuming such allegations would not have been made against him,or will be.

Going with the hypothetical here huh? Lol 

19 minutes ago, Chew said:

I was unaware that Ford took, and passed, a lie-detector test.  On top of the news that she has discussed this alleged sexual assault with her therapist years ago, well before Kavanaugh was a household name. 

Ford's credibility is skyrocketing.   Let's get right to it so we can get this over with.  Strap Kavanaugh to a lie-detector test (since Ford already took and passed one) and ask him questions about what transpired that day 30 years ago. :ph34r:

Bad idea, I think. One, these lie detectors almost amount to pseudoscience in their accuracy from what I understand. And two every judge from here on out will be subject to one before confirmation. And with the results being so widely contested we would never get anything done. 

Not like we do anyway though. So **** it I guess strap him up ? 

• Haha 1