Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Jason Witten pondering retirement to join MNF

armstrong001

I agree, the MNF crew as a whole is awful.  Seriously awful.  Romo and Aikmen do a really good job, so it's not even a Cowboys bias, but sometimes I want to smack Witten upside the head for his stupid comments.  And, don't get me started on Booger.  HORRIBLE!!!

Put Stephen A in the booger mobile and let him ride around the stadium shouting at fans for rooting for the Cowboys and just being Stephen A and screaming when players do something stupid while he goes on a 3 minute tirade. 

JOSH JOHNSON!!??! THIS IS A DISGRACE! WHAT is wrong with Dan Snyder? APPARENTLY, he's not right in the head. and I'll tell you something else ladies and gentleman...IT DON'T MATTER what coach or player comes to DC as long as THIS MAN IS STILL HERE!

Tell me that isn't gold. 

23 hours ago, Redskinzfan30 said:

Personally I like Tessitore, and think he could do a good job. I’ve heard him sit Witten up for segways to talk about his experience and Witten just stumbles over his words. I hope they can booger and Witten and keep Tessitore on

Absolutely - Tessitore's a fine play-by-play announcer - just needs a better crew around him. Hell, I'd rather him pull a Vin Scully and call games on his own than keep the current arrangement.

Jason Witten can't even lift a trophy without breaking it lol 

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/1/27/18199841/jason-witten-broke-the-dang-pro-bowl-trophy

Earlier in the game, Witten told the audience watching from home that Colts tight end Eric Ebron was one of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ favorite targets all year. Those kind of mistakes defined his year at ESPN.

So it’s not too surprising that Witten looked unfazed by the Pro Bowl trophy breaking in half. Of course it did. That’s just his life now.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I hope we get the best of both worlds. No Witten in the booth, and Witten being a year out of shape. I would absolutely love it if he flopped. That would have been worth all the oxygen he wasted last season in the broadcast booth.

I still remember that MNF game vs the Eagles.  They spent a good 10-15 minutes shaming us for signing Foster.

I guess there is a silver lining: we threw a pick during that window and they didnt even flinch during their soapbox rant, so it distracted everyone from our turnover. 

42 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I still remember that MNF game vs the Eagles.  They spent a good 10-15 minutes shaming us for signing Foster.

I guess there is a silver lining: we threw a pick during that window and they didnt even flinch during their soapbox rant, so it distracted everyone from our turnover. 

Yeah, I guess now he doesn’t have a problem playing with a guy who was accused of hitting a woman. Even though that night he was ranting about how people accused shouldn’t even have jobs. I guess the first thing he will do is go tell Jerry he has to cut Elliott for his past accusation. 

Honestly, whatever gets him off the TV will be a positive for the fans. He was pretty awful even without this rant.

6 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I hope we get the best of both worlds. No Witten in the booth, and Witten being a year out of shape. I would absolutely love it if he flopped. That would have been worth all the oxygen he wasted last season in the broadcast booth.

Don't everybody celebrate yet.

We don't know who his replacement is yet.

Could be much worse.

I mean seriously, MNF has a consistent history of making BAAAD choices.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Don't everybody celebrate yet.

We don't know who his replacement is yet.

Could be much worse.

I mean seriously, MNF has a consistent history of making BAAAD choices.

He probably won't be a Cowboy, and I never get to see ESPN except for when I go out of my way to access the only, laggy stream I can. As long as it's not a Cowboy, I'll celebrate.

Archived