Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bobby Beathard - Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2018

TK

3WD4Uhe.gif

JXvq72W.gif

Washington Redskins Owner Dan Snyder on the selection of Bobby Beathard to the Pro Football Hall of Fame:

"Bobby's illustrious NFL career made him truly deserving of this honor, and the entire Washington Redskins family could not be prouder that the Pro Football Hall of Fame has secured the place in history he so rightly deserves. Bobby was the architect of many of our dearest memories as Redskins fans, and the run of dominance he helped build will always hold a special place in our minds and in our hearts. We cherish his contributions to the Washington Redskins, and we are proud tonight to see that his contributions to the game will be forever immortalized in the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

Washington Redskins President Bruce Allen on the selection of Bobby Beathard to the Pro Football Hall of Fame:

“I am happy for Bobby and the entire Beathard family upon hearing of this richly deserved honor. His legacy has always lived forever in Redskins history, and I am pleased to see that it will live forever in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as well.”

Nice stat in the graphic on the winning record during his stint as GM here. By comparison, working backwards, the Skins have one more regular season win in the past 16 seasons (2002-2017) than Beathard had in his 11 seasons here. And Bobby's stint included seasons that were shortened by strikes by a combined eight games and three wins with replacement players. 

13 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

There are three, non-players most responsible for the 'Skins 5 league championships:

-Ray Flaherty

-Joe Gibbs

-Bobby Bethard

Now all three are exactly where they deserve to be: in the Pro Football HOF. Congrats to them all.

I think Pettibone deserves a nod too, but I guess saying Joe Gibbs probably encompasses all his assistant coaches.

Congrats Bobby, well deserved and way, way too late. You were arguably more instrumental to our three Super Bowls than Joe Gibbs himself, as blasphemous as that might be for many to understand. It’s a travesty how someone like you essentially gets punished for operating behind the scenes versus in the public eye. 

Really, though, Dan and Bruce talking about our newly-inducted HOF GM has me on the floor. Especially knowing what Dan did to him over a decade ago.  Good stuff. :ols:

Archived