Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

At some point during the 16 season, the narrative changed with Kirk. 

I don't think that's the case at all.  During the 2016 season he had McVay of whom he really respected and got a long with, 2 1K yard receivers, and a GM that while maybe doesn't see eye to eye on his value, is respected in his field and showed the ability to build a roster.  After the 2016 season, he had Bruce selling the Giants loss hard to his agent and a very minimal offer with low guarantees coupled with the "we'll just tag him again" attitude from Bruce, the loss of 2 1K yard receivers, and Sean McVay.  5 months passed until he received an actual legit offer.  I'd venture a guess that something officially turned with him during that 5 month period. 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't think that's the case at all.  During the 2016 season he had McVay of whom he really respected and got a long with, 2 1K yard receivers, and a GM that while maybe doesn't see eye to eye on his value, is respected in his field and showed the ability to build a roster.  After the 2016 season, he had Bruce selling the Giants loss hard to his agent and a very minimal offer with low guarantees coupled with the "we'll just tag him again" attitude from Bruce, the loss of 2 1K yard receivers, and Sean McVay.  5 months passed until he received an actual legit offer.  I'd venture a guess that something officially turned with him during that 5 month period. 

Didnt say i blamed him for changin his tune, just that it changed.  Bruce pushed him away, no doubt... but the point was... he was 'away.'  What got me is that he would throw it out there about being a career Redskin, to keep the fans happy, and to keep the door open, which i actually dont blame him for... just frustrating that he would lay it on thick, when it would have been perfectly acceptable to remain neutral about it knowing he wasn't rushing to get a deal done.  

2 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I wanted to sign KC two years ago when it made sense for a LTD at a reasonable price.  Now it sounds like he played last year to pad his stats for free agency.

If that is true then screw him.  Tag him out of spite since we don't have anything else :)  If the Jets are talking 60 mil for the first year and I hear that Elway wants to win now then we should be able to get a pick for him.

the "LTD" that Kirk offer two years ago was only a three year deal

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Why do you discount the Giants game as if it were nothing? One would think if you want to be the highest paid QB in the league and receive a record breaking contract that you would be able to win a home game for a shot at the playoffs against a team that had literally nothing to play for and lead your offense to more than 10 points. I get that it's a team game, and I get that is only one data point in a large sample. Bottom line though is players asking for record breaking contracts that hamstring their teams financially NEED to win those games. The fact you act as if it should be completely ignored in negotiations is mind boggling to me.

There is talk of Philadelphia trading Foles and going with Nate Sudfield for back up and to start the season while Wentz rehabs.  It will be another nail in the coffin if Sudfield actually shines in his limited starts.  Sudfield could end up being the Garappolo of 2019 if he duplicates Fole’s performance. Not saying he will but sometimes you never know what you have until you see it in action during A game.  If Foles is traded then Philadelphia must see something and be comfortable going with Sudfield especially after winning the Super Bowl with the pressure to repeat.  Think of all the talent that has left or leaving the Redskins.  Kyle Shanahan...Sean McVay....Cousins...possibly Sudfield.  It almost appears like we are a farm team for the NFL.

20 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Why do you discount the Giants game as if it were nothing? One would think if you want to be the highest paid QB in the league and receive a record breaking contract that you would be able to win a home game for a shot at the playoffs against a team that had literally nothing to play for and lead your offense to more than 10 points. I get that it's a team game, and I get that is only one data point in a large sample. Bottom line though is players asking for record breaking contracts that hamstring their teams financially NEED to win those games. The fact you act as if it should be completely ignored in negotiations is mind boggling to me.

Yeah I don't quite understand that either. Now, on one hand I'm guessing Bruce was a dick about it and was really harping on it to try and dress them down. On the other hand in the two win and in games near the end of the season against the Panthers and the Giants Kirk went out and laid an egg. The Giants loss was especially awful since they had nothing to play for and weren't even playing all of their starters. If a guy wants to be the highest paid player in the league that sort of thing is going to be a factor.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I don't quite understand that either. Now, on one hand I'm guessing Bruce was a dick about it and was really harping on it to try and dress them down. On the other hand in the two win and in games near the end of the season against the Panthers and the Giants Kirk went out and laid an egg. The Giants loss was especially awful since they had nothing to play for and weren't even playing all of their starters. If a guy wants to be the highest paid player in the league that sort of thing is going to be a factor.

For sure, I'm sure Bruce used it as another chip in trying to "win" the deal which probably rubbed Kirk and team the wrong way. But again, I don't necessarily want the guy in charge to hand out record breaking deals to QBs with 0 playoff wins and can't get it done in the biggest of moments.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

By four years not three.  To me its a big difference.  He will be 34 soon and before the season. Some QBs keep humming in their mid 30s.  Some fall off a cliff like McNabb, Marino, arguably Eli.  I am sure he's ok for 2 seasons.  But it would be far from unprecedented if at 36 he's lost it some -- especially for a guy whose feet and scrambling are a big part of his game.  

I disagree and believe this argument is silly. 4 years 3 years who cares? The contract that Alex signed ties him to the team for the next three seasons. The first season of the deal has him here finishing out his KC deal for 17 million, then I expect two more seasons for him guaranteed. That puts him at 37 years old when they can move on if they wanted to at a much cheaper price then Kirk would have cost. Compare that to the other guys in the league who are talking about playing until they are 45 years old today and no ones complaining about old age and QB falling off. And age doesn't address the elephant in the room that Kirk wasn't signing here long term anyway.

Truth is look at the league today and QBs like Alex are showing they are playing their best when they are in their 30s. Alex just had his best professional season as a pro last year. You have seen nothing to say his plays about to fall off a cliff so worrying about that to me is worrying just to worry

Fuller to me is akin to giving up a first round pick, we gave up a high 3rd round pick.  This is really my main difference with your position, you gloss it over like its nothing.  To me its not nothing.  It's a lot. Tell me the last time a trade like this worked out for the team?  This trade (picks for a veteran) would be the first in decades that panned out. 

Unlike many fans of the team I am not battered, I am not bruised, I am not bitter, and I am not haunted by the past. The 2018 team is nothing like the 2002 team. The direction of this team and the way they have been drafting has been miles ahead of what happened a decade ago to me. I think too many historians are on the forum looking to poopoo everything because of some thing that happened in the past. This is a forward looking league, not a league of crying over spilt milk league.

I look at the drafts of late and see them taking what Bleacher Report says is the leagues best slot cover corner in the third round. And then I see them taking Fabian the next draft. IF they can find Fuller and they already have a corner like Fabian in the wings I don't ignore that. Also the head writer for Bleacher Report who said that about Fuller is also saying that Alex is the far better QB then Kirk Cousins. If you care what those people think that's something to remember.

I'm refusing to get into past trades with anyone because really they play no part in anything. They are in the past. They don't mean anything. What I will say is if they found Fuller when every team passed on him then it shows they can draft. Truth about the 2017 Defense is that the passing defense was good (DVOA was ranked top 5 in the league) but the rushing Defense was horrible (Bottom 5 DVOA). If they keep Breeland which I think is a must and the outside corners stay put and Fabian another 3rd round corner picked a year after Fuller continues to develop the drop off at the position will be less then people expect.

Besides the point to me. If Alex turns out to be good, I think he is good and this comes to fruition, then giving up a CB for our starting QB was a great trade. You will not find good QBs traded for a CB very often. When you ask me to look at league trades I counter with looking at trades for QBs. If Alex is good then while it sucks to lose Fuller its a small price to pay. You have to pay to play

If Finlay is correct and they liked Mayfield and Allen, judging by recent mocks its not that far fetched that one of the two drops to 13.  But even if they didn't one of the top 10 teams likely end up with Kirk.  So you can likely trade up with the same capital you gave up for Alex with the Jets or Denver (whoever lands Kirk). And that's before delving into that they like Rudolph and maybe White who actually would be available later in the draft.

And if Finlay is wrong and the team decided to fart around and pick up a rookie to be the starting QB and as the draft unfolded and QBs were going quicker then they thought they could have ended up doing another stupid impulsive trade and given up way more draft capital then you think.

Thing is with so many teams ahead of them needing QBs it would have been foolish to think a guy they liked would be there. Who could they trade with? The Colts? The Browns second top 5 pick? What would that have cost? Too much to me. They choose not to go down that road, and the thinking was the same as other teams. Alex was a highly sought after QB answer by other teams because of the cost.

And speaking off JP Finlay, listened to his podcast last night and heard him say that he believed that Alex clearly had the better 2017 NFL season compared to Kirk. So they get the better QB and it only cost them a third round pick. Instead of what it would have cost to get the Colts or Browns picks which we both know would have been much more.

I agree they are similar. But I disagree they aren't franchise QBs.  To me they both are clearly franchise QBs.  Franchise doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers.  That means elite.  If people want to argue that Alex and Kirk aren't elite I get that.  But they are QBs that give you a good shot to win every week.

Okay if Franchise QB to you means that they can win each week then I agree with you. I also think they are the same QBs, except one cost much much much more.

I read in a couple of places Alex is 17 million this year but 20 against the cap then it rises to 23.5 against the cap.  Will see when his contract is official released.  But yeah forget Kirk because that's not what I am comparing it to -- Alex versus a rookie QB.  And 20 plus million a year is a lot of money.  They for example could have easily signed Calais Campbell and more with that extra cash.  It's not vague at all. 

I don't want them to sign Campbell. The only outsider FA I want them to sign is a big ole fat run stopping Defensive linemen like Benie Logan. Besides Campbell is starting this season at 32 years old. No thanks.

Trading high round picks didn't bother me much in the past either.  So I understand the feeling.  It brings me back to a show called Redskins lunch and Joe Gibbs took calls, and I called once and said to him, these third round picks bring guys like Cooley why do you trade them away so much since you get bonafide stars at times within that round.  And we here don't just have a 3rd but a high third -- its a nice difference.  Morgan Moses, Jordan Reed, Moreau,  They amorphous 3rd round pick can and often does translate to a decent player. 

And it was Fuller that was the key to the deal.  Farrar who likes Alex was on the radio the other day saying wow that was a big price since you gave up the best slot defender in the NFL. 

Of course Fuller was the key, something has to be the straw that stirs the drink. You have to give to get. I just think that Kirk was not an option, the teams too old to be starting over and doing a fire sale, a rookie is not anything like a sure thing, Alex is a good QB and cheap compared to the Jimmy G deals being signed, so losing a cornerback is a small price to pay for a good QB.

You are sort of contradicting yourself on 2 points.  On the FA thread, you agreed with me when they sign FA go for the higher end of the shelf -- the bigger more expensive FAs -- no guts no glory.  Here you are also acknowledging Kirk is a good QB -- similar to Alex,

But on the same thread and another you are talking about rejoicing when Kirk bombs in his next stint, comparing the situation to RG3.   And now you want a more modest approach to FA since it fits the argument here.   My point (and I understand I do it too when I am excited and I want to justify a transaction) is you might be being somewhat emotional -- happy Kirk is gone -- happy Alex is coming -- to digest the compensation.

We don't even know if they get that 2019 LATE third round pick -- which is the equivalent of a late 4th round 2018 pick.

There is a reason Fuller's teammates went nuts when they heard he was in the trade. D. Hall said on the radio not long ago, Fuller will play outside and likely emerge as one of the best cover corners in the league.

For me if they didn't go young, then sign a FA like McCarron, Keenum or whomever.  We got Polian saying the Eagles should get two first rounders plus for Foles.  And we are celebrating maybe getting a late third rounder in 2019 for Kirk Cousins.  So we likely get almost nothing for Kirk -- but better yet we lose Kirk AND actually lose a player and a pick.  I don't see that as celebration.  I see that as something the FO grossly misplayed.

Couple of things...

1. Alex Smith is better then McCarron, Keenum, and Foles.

2. Kirk did this to us. The moves of the front office clearly show everyone that they wanted to sign Kirk to a LTD. Had Kirk come out saying he was waiting until the tag date to decide if he wanted the Redskins back then the team would have traded him like the Patriots did with Jimmy. Its because I read this situation as Kirk doing the Redskins dirty that I want him to goto to the JETs and do terribly. Why would any Redskins fan want Kirk to go to a team like Minnesota? I hope Kirk chases the money, and if a Redskins fan doesn't that just isn't logical to me. 

3. Fuller could turn out to be amazing, still would trade a corner for a good starting QB any day of the week. QBs are worth more then corners

4. The Redskins will get a compensatory pick for Kirk provided they do not go and sign a bunch of other teams free agents. I'm all on board with two types of other teams player signings this season - Give me the cut players and give me players in trade - Why? Because if they signed say Michael Crabtree if he was cut it doesn't hurt them getting free comp draft picks. IF your plan is to target 30 year old's like you mentioned here I am not on board. The FA money should be used to sign our own guys, a run stuffing linemen, and maybe a cut player. That's it.

36 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

The fact you act as if it should be completely ignored in negotiations is mind boggling to me.

This isn't some job selling copiers, where there are hundreds of thousands of folks that can do the job. 

"Hey, remember you lost the deal with ABC Company and that cost us big time.  We can't afford to pay you what you're looking for with that kind of performance.  Johnny down the hall locked up a deal with XYZ company for a fraction of your cost."

This is a negotiation between a front office and one of roughly a dozen people in the entire world that can do what he does.  You make that guy believe that you believe in him even if you don't.  You don't play up their shortcomings and think that's going to sway them your way.  Then make a below market offer that isn't in the realm of where contracts are going or taking into consideration the tags you've talked about using multiple times.   

Either that or you really stick to your convictions that the dude is not worth what the market bears and try to get as much as you possibly can for him and let it be someone else's problem.  Bruce instead waited 5 months, got desperate and finally made a decent offer to the guy he rubbed the wrong way in the first place.  Then doubled down on this by creating a press release painting his starting QB as a greedy prick that doesn't want to be a Redskin.

Sorry but I'm pretty sure all that fits into How To Not Sign a Starting QB 101.

59 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Than I guess his success is going to be painful for you, get ready to be unhappy.

What would be painful for every person who considers themselves a fan of this team is to see Kirk end up in a situation like Minnesota where he wins a ton of games. If you want that then that's on you. I don't want that for this fanbase. Rather see Kirk goto NY and burn out.

Some therapist should open an office dedicated solely to helping people get over that Giants game. 

The Redskins offense for most of the 21st century was run, run, pass, punt. With Cousins we were finally a respectable NFL offense that season. Yes, he had a bad game against a good defense with playoffs on the line.

Maybe if we didn't have a defense that was historically inept on 3rd and long that year. A defense that was trash against the run and allowed NYG to control the clock. 

13 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

For sure, I'm sure Bruce used it as another chip in trying to "win" the deal which probably rubbed Kirk and team the wrong way. But again, I don't necessarily want the guy in charge to hand out record breaking deals to QBs with 0 playoff wins and can't get it done in the biggest of moments.

I don't think anyone is saying we should break records paying him... I think the frustration lies in the fact that it even got to this point, when if we wouldn't have been so spiteful toward Kirk 2 years ago, he'd going into the final year of his deal, being paid $19.5 mil right now and the question would be whether we re-sign Kirk for a big time contract, or we draft a QB in the 1st and give him a year to develop.  

30 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

There is talk of Philadelphia trading Foles and going with Nate Sudfield for back up and to start the season while Wentz rehabs.  It will be another nail in the coffin if Sudfield actually shines in his limited starts.  Sudfield could end up being the Garappolo of 2019 if he duplicates Fole’s performance. Not saying he will but sometimes you never know what you have until you see it in action during A game.  If Foles is traded then Philadelphia must see something and be comfortable going with Sudfield especially after winning the Super Bowl with the pressure to repeat.  Think of all the talent that has left or leaving the Redskins.  Kyle Shanahan...Sean McVay....Cousins...possibly Sudfield.  It almost appears like we are a farm team for the NFL.

Hey now this flies in the face of the idea that the Redskins can't draft QBs that many here believe. Not nice, stick to the narrative that the Redskins can't draft or do anything right. Bringing logic into this doesn't help lol jk :)

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This isn't some job selling copiers to the government, where there are hundreds of thousands of folks that can do the job. 

"Hey, remember you lost the deal with ABC Company and that cost us big time.  We can't afford to pay you what you're looking for with that kind of performance.  Johnny down the hall locked up a deal with XYZ company for a fraction of your cost."

This is a negotiation between a front office and one of roughly a dozen people in the entire world that can do what he does.  You make that guy believe that you believe in him even if you don't.  You don't play up their shortcomings and think that's going to sway them your way.  Then make a below market offer that isn't in the realm of where contracts are going or taking into consideration the tags you've talked about using multiple times.   

Either that or you really stick to your convictions that the dude is not worth what the market bears and try to get as much as you possibly can for him and let it be someone else's problem.  Bruce instead waited 5 months, got desperate and finally made a decent offer to the guy he rubbed the wrong way in the first place.  Then doubled down on this by creating a press release painting his starting QB as a greedy prick that doesn't want to be a Redskin.

Sorry but I'm pretty sure all that fits into How To Not Sign a Starting QB 101.

You are really stuck on this "there are only a limited number of guys who can do what he does" argument. Everyone knows that. Bruce knows that. It does not automatically mean it's smart giving 14-15% of your salary cap to a QB that has not proven he can carry a team similar to Rogers and Brady. Rogers and Brady are the best on the planet, and even they can't do it with a crappy team around them. Which is what happens when you dish out 15% of your salary cap to one player out of 53.

If this franchise had any semblance of a good QB history, this would be much clearer to Redskins fans. It's the equivalent to living in the slums your entire life and as soon as you have the means to buy a house you offer 600K for a 400K property. You're so used to crappy living that you are prepared to offer more than you need to up front because you remember how bad it used to be. When in reality, that money could be better allocated on either a property actually worth 600K or buy a lesser property and have money left over to buy other things that would improve quality of life.

12 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

Some therapist should open an office dedicated solely to helping people get over that Giants game. 

The Redskins offense for most of the 21st century was run, run, pass, punt. With Cousins we were finally a respectable NFL offense that season. Yes, he had a bad game against a good defense with playoffs on the line.

Maybe if we didn't have a defense that was historically inept on 3rd and long that year. A defense that was trash against the run and allowed NYG to control the clock. 

So the 21st century Redskins had Jay Gruden running the offense during that span? The reason why teams like the Rams turned its offense around in a season was a change in who called the plays. Because Cousins is gone doesn't mean we are going back to a run run run punt offense. Not even a little.

Next seasons offense is still going to be run pass pass pass. The biggest difference to me is that we will be seeing much more pre snap movement of our players. That's Alex's game.

Yes this team needs to draft a RB. RB is the biggest need on this offense. Drafting a receiver makes little sense after the past few years of seeing how long it takes a receiver to be good in the league, compared to the Chiefs offense we need our Kareem Hunt. Saying that doesn't mean we will suddenly become a rush first offense that is not Jay Gruden. We can get our Hunt in the draft and then we are looking at

The Chiefs had Kelce, we have Reed

The Chiefs had a good offensive line, we have that now

The Chiefs had Tyreke Hill, eh aren't too many of those guys in the league period. We don't have that and aren't any FA receivers like Tyreke out there or in the draft.

The Chiefs had Hunt, we can get our Hunt this draft.

Similar offenses. No reason to reinvent the wheel

10 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

You are really stuck on this "there are only a limited number of guys who can do what he does" argument. 

Right, because it’s a very important fact.  It absolutely has bearing on how you go about working out a contract.  

If you truly don’t believe you can build a team around the contract situation you created, than have some balls and make a move before the moves get made for you.

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right, because it’s a very important fact.  It absolutely has bearing on how you go about working out a contract.  

If you truly don’t believe you can build a team around the contract situation you created, than have some balls and make a move before the moves get made for you.

It really doesn't. QB's are valuable no doubt about it. But just because you have a "good" QB doesn't mean you pay him "elite" money. You can also get yourself in trouble doing that, as other teams in the recent past have shown. There are more teams in the NFL with good solid QB's than not. You are painting a picture as if there was NO alternative to Kirk and if we were to lose him then we would never find another guy that could do the job again. Not the case.

For the record, I wanted to trade him last off season. I'm not happy about how any of this played out either, we are always a year behind when it comes to these things.

15 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

You are painting a picture as if there was NO alternative to Kirk and if we were to lose him then we would never find another guy that could do the job again. Not the case.

It's not the first time you've bypassed my points en route to telling me what you think I'm saying.

I've said on numerous occasions that Bruce could have played this hand a number of different ways that lead to a better outcome, Kirk or no Kirk.  So I'm not sure how that qualifies as saying he's the only guy capable of being QB for this franchise.

That still doesn't escape the fact that just because you might be able to find someone else to come in and do the same job or better than Kirk, doesn't mean it's a good idea to travel that route.  Part of the reason why it's really important to continue making mention that there are roughly only a dozen guys in the world that can play at the level Kirk does is because these guys are hard to find.  Even if you find one, you then have to develop them, build around them and eventually pay them too.  Or in our case you give up assets to acquire a guy on the back nine of his career, pay him a bit less in salary and pray he fits right in from day one.

I'm certainly not rooting for Smith to fail here because neither he or Jay really deserve that.  But it's still putting the cart before the horse to assume that he's automatically going to be as good or better than Kirk will be in this offense.  The team is getting no compensation for Kirk's departure, paying a little bit less money to Smith, while giving away a 3rd round pick and a guy who equates to a late 1st round value in Kendall Fuller, all the while betting on unknown secondary guys to fill his void. 

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Kirk is stirring the pot?

Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

The whole 'won't sign a LTD with any team that trades for him' deal is just Business 101. 

Yes.

The media, posters, our heads....

What players set a precedent similar to this, that it's ECON 101 stuff at this point. I cannot recall a single player facing his 3rd tag, complaining about his potential future traded to teams contract options IF he were to be tagged a 3rd time, threatening grievances as all admit its highly unlikely to even happen, AND while still under contract. Admittedly, I did find it very troubling to be expected to make it to 101 at 8am Monday Wednesday and Friday. It really did put a crimp in my CP freshman social schedule. The Vous and Cellar needed me.

Just now, RandyHolt said:

What players set a precedent similar to this, that it's ECON 101 stuff at this point. I cannot recall a single player facing his 3rd tag, complaining about his potential future teams contract options, all while still under contract.

Well, it's kind of hard to recall a single player facing his 3rd tag for a reason. :ols:  I highly doubt you'll hear much about it happening anytime in the near future either.

Besides that, can you please point me to the quotes or video of Kirk or anyone in his camp 'complaining' about any of this?  I'll even accept a report without the quotes or video.

Perhaps you're confusing complaining with reports that his camp has instructed potential trade partners that he won't work out a long term deal.  That's not a complaint.  That's utilizing leverage to get to the destination he wants.  Was Alex Smith complaining when he indicated that he only wanted to be traded to a team that would give him X dollars/years in an extension and a gentlemen's promise not to draft his heir apparent in the 2018 draft? 

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

The Chiefs had Tyreke Hill, eh aren't too many of those guys in the league period. We don't have that and aren't any FA receivers like Tyreke out there or in the draft.

The Chiefs had Hunt, we can get our Hunt this draft.

Similar offenses. No reason to reinvent the wheel

Gotta say, C Kirk is the only WR similar to Tyreek Hill in the draft in a sense of being a movable chess piece that defenses must account for and can offer explosive playmaking abilities- multiple analysts agree with that statement.  If he runs a sub 4.4 then he will be very sought after.   Logically it makes a ton of sense to target him for so many reasons re stretching the field effectively and creating more space.  If I were Jay Gruden I would be salivating at the possibilities to have such a player on the offense.  he will work with Alex Smith who apparently had a lot of input with the options and shovel passes and such in KC and would have great ideas regarding how to employ a piece such as Kirk.  The whole team's success will hinge on AS's success and you can bet your burgundy-lovin behind that they are looking for the best offensive weapons they can possibly find.  all I'm saying ES is C Kirk is very much in the mix.

Very weak and overpriced WR FA market otherwise- Lots of options for RB/DT/CB.  DT and WR2 must be upgraded, fewer ways to go for effective WR production though I do like some of the 2nd round players, will be interesting to see how they all test.  speed is speed bo and we need someone that can run a sub 4.4 on the offense badly.  and as a return man.

totally agree with everything you're saying here though about not reinventing the wheel, this is spot on.  reed-Kelce and west coast offense and a sattelite back in CT and a would say Doctson is a better WR than what they had there in KC, very different than Tyreek.  Lets bring all those elements here and assimilate them.

Archived