Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: Who is QAnon? The Storm Conspiracy, Explained

No Excuses

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Avril Lavigne replaced?  By whom, exactly?  :ols:

Melissa Vandella.

Avril Lavigne replacement conspiracy theory

The Avril Lavigne replacement conspiracy theory is a conspiracy theory and urban legend stating that Canadian singer Avril Lavigne died in 2003, shortly after the release of her successful debut studio album, Let Go, and was replaced by a body double named Melissa Vandella. Evidence used to support the theory include changes in Lavigne's appearance between 2003 and the present, supposed subliminal messaging in her follow-up effort, Under My Skin, and a photoshoot in which Lavigne has the name "Melissa" written on her hand.

The origins of the theory can be traced back to the 2011 Brazilian blog "Avril Está Morta" ("Avril is Dead"), which led to conversations on internet forums sharing supposed evidence of Lavigne's replacement. The theory gained more traction in May 2017, when a Twitter user posted a thread recounting the theory. Lavigne herself has denied the theory on multiple occasions.

QAnon Hero Michael Flynn Secretly Said QAnon Is ‘Total Nonsense’

Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn has embraced his position as a hero to QAnon conspiracy theorists. He took the QAnon oath, sold QAnon T-shirts, and even auctioned off a QAnon quilt. He appeared at a QAnon convention and signed books with a QAnon slogan. Some QAnon followers even believe that Flynn is “Q,” the mysterious figure behind QAnon.

But a recording released late Saturday night by a one-time Flynn ally suggests that the retired three-star general privately believes QAnon to be “total nonsense.”

On Saturday night, pro-Trump lawyer and QAnon booster Lin Wood released a recording of what purports to be a phone call between Wood and Flynn on Telegram. The audio’s publication comes amid a right-wing civil war pitting Wood against one-time allies like Flynn and other figures involved in the 2020 attempt to overturn the election.

In the call, Wood complains to Flynn that his QAnon supporters had attacked Wood online. But Flynn attempts to disown QAnon, claiming it’s a “disinformation campaign” created by the CIA.

“I think it’s a disinformation campaign,” Flynn said on the call. “I think it’s a disinformation campaign that the CIA created. That’s what I believe. Now, I don’t know that for a fact, but that’s what I think it is. I think it’s a disinformation campaign.”

Later in the recording, Flynn called QAnon “total nonsense.”

“I find it total nonsense,” Flynn said. “And I think it’s a disinformation campaign created by the left.”

Click on the link for the full article

Disgruntled QAnon follower pens open letter to Trump saying he’s ‘tired’ of failed predictions

A disgruntled QAnon follower has penned an open letter to former president Donald Trump saying he’s “tired” of the conspiracy group’s failed predictions.

A man named Donny Warren posted the letter to Telegram on Sunday in a QAnon group. The specific group has thousands of followers. In the open letter, Warren addressed Trump directly and expressed his frustration over the many QAnon predictions that did not come to fruition.

Warren became a dedicated QAnon follower in January and waited eagerly for “Red October,” which never happened.

The “Red October” conspiracy claimed that global elite, cannibalistic pedophiles would be arrested en masse. The supposed arrests did not occur.

“We have seen nothing happen,” Warren wrote. “I told a few of my ‘awake’ friends that either this would be the best Thanksgiving ever or the worst. Guess which one it was?”

“For months I have anticipated each day with excitement knowing that I was watching my President and his crews of patriots take back our country and our freedom,” he continued.

“I am losing that excitement now. This is starting to get very old. I will not be checking Lin [Wood’s] page, or [General Michael] Flynn, or any others for a good while. I’m already tired of it.”

89956.jpg

Unavailable for comment

• Haha 4

Killer Kyle Rittenhouse Tears Into Loony Lin Wood

Last week, Kyle Rittenhouse sat down for an interview with Ashleigh Banfield. Besides trying to disavow himself from the Proud Boys, he trash talked about his first lawyer, Lin Wood:

After griping that Wood was trying to use him for his own agenda and that Wood let Rittenhouse rot in jail for 87 days because Wood had already grabbed the cash he had raised, purportedly for Rittenhouse's legal defense and bail money, Rittenhouse really went after Wood, calling him crazy:

Rittenhouse: Shortly before I fired, before my mom fired Lin Wood, in, I want to say, December.

Banfield: But why would she fire him? Did she fire him because she found out that the money was in the pot but wasn’t being put towards bail?

Rittenhouse: We fired him because he was, like, going on with all this QAnon and election fraud stuff, and just stuff we don’t agree with.

Banfield: And so it was his political views that led to you firing Lin Wood?

Rittenhouse: A mixture of a little bit of that.

Banfield: And what else was in the mix?

Rittenhouse: Just how he is as a person.

Banfield: And what does that mean?

Rittenhouse: He’s insane.

Banfield: What made you think he was insane?

Rittenhouse: Just how he, like how he thinks he’s God, and he just says all these weird things like: “We’re going to keep that boy in jail, because there’s not going to be any… civil or criminal cases come the election,” which is just complete insanity.

Rittenhouse said he wants the money raised for bail so that he can pay his subsequent legal team after firing Wood. Wood is playing games with him, saying that money was raised as a charity but that he would "consider" using some of it for Rittenhouse's legal expenses. Wood then ran to hide on Telegram and take potshots at Rittenhouse.

This fight over whatever's left of the bail money has gotten QAnon divided into two groups. One group is pissed at Rittenhouse for trashing QAnon during the interview, leaving them feel betrayed. But then again, it wouldn't be QAnon if they weren't having a hissy fit over some perceived attack.

However the other side of the coin is there are others in QAnon pissed at Wood, either to stand with Killer Kyle, or just because they don't like Wood or in cases like Marge Taylor, they are jealous of Wood's lunacy and his ability to monetize it.

Click on the link for the full story

• Haha 3

Weekly update:

The Fringe QAnon ‘Cult’ Is Still Waiting for a JFK Jr. Miracle in Dallas

It’s been a month since the fanatical followers of a fringe QAnon influencer, Michael Protzman (aka Negative48), first gathered in Dallas, Texas, to witness the reveal — or resurrection, depending who you asked — of John F. Kennedy and JFK Jr.

Despite the Kennedy clan failing to appear on more than six occasions prophesied by Protzman, dozens of his followers remain in Dallas waiting for a miracle to occur.

Initially, Protzman and his followers’ activities in Dallas seemed relatively harmless and absurd — for example, singing songs in Dealey Plaza and unraveling dozens of toilet paper rolls in a hotel room. But as their presence in Dallas has persisted, their beliefs and behavior become increasingly unusual, leading outside observers to describe the group as a cult.

Most recently, about 30 followers were spotted on Nov. 30 in Reunion Arena Park participating in guided mediation and smoke smudging sessions, a decidedly calmer scene compared to their appearances in Dealey Plaza. But the laid-back demeanor of the gathering belied recent troubles in paradise for the Protzmanians. Not only have new details emerged raising concerns about Protzman’s past, but his actions have triggered backlash from others in the QAnon movement. What’s more, Protzman has said that several in the group in Dallas who appear to be living communally have reported coming down with symptoms that are consistent with Covid-19. One can only wonder how long this will last.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

In 2021, people thought QAnon would go away -- instead, it continued to fuel attacks on democracy

In early 2021, there was speculation that the movement built around the QAnon conspiracy theory had finally reached an end, with “Q” -- the central figure of QAnon -- having gone silent in December 2020. But the year started with dozens of QAnon supporters participating in an assault on the United States Capitol, fueled by a belief in false claims of large-scale voter fraud the QAnon community helped spread. And the events of January 6 were the harbinger of what was to come: a year in which QAnon influencers and adherents promoted conspiracy theories and falsehoods about the 2020 presidential election, helped organize efforts to challenge or “audit” the election results, and aided in an alleged plot that, if successful, may help sway the outcome of future elections at the state and national level. 

An alleged plot announced by Jim Marchant, a former member of the Nevada state Assembly and now a Nevada secretary of state candidate, is a primary example of how dangerous QAnon became in 2021. On October 25, Marchant took the stage at the QAnon-supporting “Patriot Double Down” conference, claiming that he lost his congressional campaign due to voter fraud. Marchant then said he was asked to “put together a coalition” in swing states “of other like-minded secretary of state candidates” -- referring to the officials that help run elections -- and that he had successes with the involvement and recruitment of QAnon-connected figures thus far.

Although there had been discussion about QAnon dying out in 2021, efforts like Marchant’s show that QAnon has continued to erode our democratic system and may even pose threaten a constitutional crisis -- even without “Q.” Though several social media platforms had finally announced crackdowns on QAnon by early 2021, these efforts were too little too late. By not dealing with QAnon earlier on (Facebook even spent years algorithmically promoting it), these platforms enabled the community to grow, becoming so big and organized that adherents no longer need their titular leader. Meanwhile, it’s become an easy vehicle for political figures to advance anti-democratic agendas.