Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay keeps beating that they might try to trade up for Murray if he becomes available.  Guessing that never happens because Arizona takes him.  Doug also the other day did a reversal from weeks back when he frowned on the idea of trading up -- to now throwing that out there as an option.  Is that Dan's influence?  Maybe. 

Go get him, Dan. Murray would complete this off season wonderfully. 

4 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Yes!!!  The 190 pound version of Robert will be amazing.   Get it done Dan!!!

Or go with the 230 pound Blake Bortles type. 

New NFL will require some to become less romantic with old school methods and measurements, IMHO. 

Could of swore he he weighed in at 206, but I get it for your slanted argument sake ;)

Seems like Dan is brewing for a big move this offseason. No smoke without fire around this front office. The Rosen talk, being in on AB, going after both Collins and Mosley, the random Diggs thing yesterday, The buzz around Murray, even the fact we have got Collins and AP counting less than 6mil combined against this years cap.

It's only a matter of time before we get some 'big' news.....

18 hours ago, wit33 said:

Or go with the 230 pound Blake Bortles type. 

New NFL will require some to become less romantic with old school methods and measurements, IMHO. 

Could of swore he he weighed in at 206, but I get it for your slanted argument sake ;)

What I looked up was 194.  I rounded down for slanted purposes.  He is certainly a different kind of mobile than Griffin, who was just fast, but it's hard to see that type of player at that size not getting RG3d into 3rd string at Buffalo by a LB at this level.  This ain't the Big12.

6 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

What I looked up was 194.  I rounded down for slanted purposes.  He is certainly a different kind of mobile than Griffin, who was just fast, but it's hard to see that type of player at that size not getting RG3d into 3rd string at Buffalo by a LB at this level.  This ain't the Big12.

I hear ya, the injury risk is increased with the mobile QB, no matter the size. No arguments from me.

Its an interesting discussion though, as the bust potential seems lower with the mobile QB, due to the teams run game instantly becoming dynamic. Latest example being the Ravens and Lamar Jackson, he struggles to make 2nd and 3rd reads, but he changed their season similarly to that of an elite pocket passing QB. And he was a rookie. 

If Skins got Murray, my expectations would be playoffs because of the known variable of Skins being a top 5 type running team. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

EB on the Junkies this morning said it’s 100% true and he’s well aware the Redskins and Jay will shoot it down, but Jay hasn’t been consulted on anything personnel related this offseason.  He quote “wants to jump off a bridge”.  He heard about the Landon Collins deal through the media.

Pretty wild if so.  I like the Collins signing but I admit its partly coming from a place of emotion with me -- I've watched almost every game of his and think the dude is a really good player and I am tired of their mostly bargain basement junk signings.  I am not an advocate of overspending in FA -- I am cool with spending exactly what they've been spending but my thought has been for a long time that instead of collecting three C level guys, get one A level dude for the same price.

Having said that Jay said at the end of the season that among the things he wants to fix is getting the personnel department and coaching on the same page.  And 106.7 recently ran a segment on Doug's comments a few days back which was something to the effect that the FO doesn't factor the team's scheme in the sphere of acquiring talent and expects the coaching staff to figure that part of it out after they acquire the players.

As for Jay not being consulted, Paulsen said a few weeks back that he had it on good authority that Jay wasn't clued in about the Alex's acquisition and actually didn't love it when he heard about it.   Sheehan likes to say that he hears that Jay typically just rolls with the punches as to the FO and that's partly why they love him.  He's often go along to get along -- that some say you have to be like that to survive there.  But apparently, he doesn't always roll with the punches without saying something about what he doesn't like -- at least according to Russell.   Russell said Bruce and Jay had tension about last year's FA.  Also one beat guy (forgetting whom) said Jay and Kyle see eye to eye on a lot and they believe he wants Kyle to run personnel as opposed to Bruce. 

My gut is that some of that is true and some isn't true.  But there is certainly some smoke because its coming from multiple places that Jay isn't always wild about the personnel department.  Maybe that's common everywhere -- who knows.  But I notice some tend to think that Jay is lockstep with the personnel dept.  And there is enough indication that he isn't.  Even if some want to believe that every beat guy is wrong -- you can still piece it together with Jay's comments alone. 

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

This team will never do anything if the above posts are true..what a ****ty way to run a team. 

They are and we should be just as frustrated as jay i can no longer blindly support this team maybe its true we may never be good unless snyder sells the team

7 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

They are and we should be just as frustrated as jay i can no longer blindly support this team maybe its true we may never be good unless snyder sells the team

Completely agree..why do I even care?..how am I a god damn fan of this team?..why do i still wear Redskins gear? why do I watch every game religiously..our coach is wanting to jump off a bridge?!?!..yaaa that's real ****ing comforting...get the **** OUT DANNY BOY!!

Man, this is extremely disappointing. I heard that quote from Doug and just cringed. Then listened to Cooley's podcast and he said something along the lines that if he was a GM he would absolutely make personnel decisions based on scheme fit. LIke, duh. Just frustrating. 

So what's the definition of a head coach?

I just want to go off but don't know where to start. 

Why won't any of these head coaches of the Redskins from 99 till now ever stand up and say anything?..we know this **** has been going on scince 99...I wish one of these coaches would stand up to Snyder and tell him how ****ty he's doing as an owner.

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So what's the definition of a head coach?

I just want to go off but don't know where to start. 

Why won't any of these head coaches of the Redskins from 99 till now ever stand up and say anything?..we know this **** has been going on scince 99...I wish one of these coaches would stand up to Snyder and tell him how ****ty he's doing as an owner.

They do then they get replaced or pushed outta town look at Shanny and Marty....

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

They do then they get replaced or pushed outta town look at Shanny and Marty....

That's what I was thinking...that's what happened to those two...so it's not true Danny isn't turning the corner... we're absolutely ****ed till he's out..excuse the language, woke from a ****ty ass dream to read this b.s..

Social ****ing piece of **** media ****ing suuuucks.. everyone hides behind it pointing fingers..no one knows how to confront or call anyone out anymore in person.. people don't know how to talk to people face to face any more...ya sure shannahan prob met with Snyder but wouldn't tell him what Danny needed to hear...that's the problem these days no one can tell a person the truth rather it's hurtful or not.

Was it the same under Scot?... Remembering Jay's seemingly frustrated comment about the first two 1st round picks during his time here as coach: "One's played two downs and one's a guard," as if he didn't want either player. Just wondering if he was consulted ahead of time about signing someone like Culliver or Ricky Jean Francois or if those moves were made without Gruden's input.

Full disclosure: awhile back I had wondered on some thread whether or not it would be better for GM/FO to make the majority of personnel moves without too much concern from the coaching staff...I said that we had seen Marty get rid of productive guys from the Norv team that made the playoffs and bring in his own mediocre players instead, as well as him pass on Santana Moss in the draft (who Snyder and others wanted) and take Gardner instead, then see productive players under Marty get bounced when Spurrier got signed and replaced with his 'cheap and available" players, along with saying bye to Stephen Davis and hello to Trung Candidate because Trung fit the Ol' Ball Coach's scheme better, only to see Spurrier's guys dumped a year or two later when Gibbs came back...etc, etc. I said if the coach isn't entrenched, it may be better for that coach to not have much say so on who gets signed/drafted, and that way if the coach ends up fired much sooner than later the GM can hire a new coach whose scheme better fits the personnel they've spent time drafting and developing instead of starting over again and again.

That's a long-winded way of saying this isn't bothering me as much as it is bothering you guys lol...only thing that bothers me is the guy making those decisions is in no way qualified enough for me to feel comfortable with--along with it could speak to Bruce's job security being much stronger than anyone wants to believe.

32 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Social ****ing piece of **** media ****ing suuuucks.. everyone hides behind it pointing fingers..no one knows how to confront or call anyone out anymore in person.. people don't know how to talk to people face to face any more...ya sure shannahan prob met with Snyder but wouldn't tell him what Danny needed to hear...that's the problem these days no one can tell a person the truth rather it's hurtful or not.

What brought this out? lol...

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What brought this out? lol...

Just envisioning all these head coaches in a room with Danny boy or other management and not saying what needs to be said..than just started thinking of people in general..lol sorry man, kinda went off there didn't I.. I should start a seminar on teaching people how they can live without Facebook and Twitter and other stupid social media things..

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Just envisioning all these head coaches in a room with Danny boy or other management and not saying what needs to be said..than just started thinking of people in general..lol sorry man, kinda went off there didn't I.. I should start a seminar on teaching people how they can live without Facebook and Twitter and other stupid social media things..

I have all but eliminated facebook from my life, and only check in on twitter to see if any Skins news has hit--that's where I saw the whole Jay-is-frustrated story and thought they may be preparing for life without him in the near future. I don't even come here nearly as much as in the past...only social media platforms I use regularly are photo apps like instagram and Twenty20 (photo contests and sales app). I interact with others thru my photos lol...

27 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I said if the coach isn't entrenched, it may be better for that coach to not have much say so on who gets signed/drafted, and that way if the coach ends up fired much sooner than later the GM can hire a new coach whose scheme better fits the personnel they've spent time drafting and developing instead of starting over again and again.

Well, somehow, the news of Jay not being consulted at all tends to prove that he's on his way out. Willingfully or not remains to be seen, but it was highly probable at the end of last season that he'll get the axe this year. Now this probability is slowly rising up to 100%. His first failure will get him is ticket out.

Pretty sure he'll welcome that as a big relief...

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, somehow, the news of Jay not being consulted at all tends to prove that he's on his way out. Willingfully or not remains to be seen, but it was highly probable at the end of last season that he'll get the axe this year. Now this probability is slowly rising up to 100%. His first failure will get him is ticket out.

That's kinda how I'm viewing it, too...would rather keep Jay and jettison Bruce if those were my options, cuz I think Jay could be a successful head coach with a proper and talented GM and FO in place. I don't see Bruce getting any better lol...

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Completely agree..helllllloooo 2 maybe 3 wins this year..

Archived