Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

4 hours ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

0% chance Dallas goes CB in round one .. if at all during the draft.

We overhauled the position the past two seasons (Brown, Awuzie, Lewis, White) and they are moving Byron Jones to corner. It’s the #1 reason we cut Scandrick. The position is full.

They go Miller or Hernandez there 

Be better trading back and picking up another top 100 pick if they were blown out and left with a guard at 19.

Hail. 

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Why would Arizona trade up just to leap frog GB to take a QB... do you think GB considers taking Mayfield at 14?  Do you think WE think about taking him?  Or are you thinking another team would get in trade talks with us forcing Arizona to make a move?   I don't see Arizona giving up anything to move up if Mayfield is on the board at 13, likely because if he's there at 13, he will probably be there at 15... I'm honestly just asking... 

GB might not take him but another team might trade up with GB to get him.

if Arizona wants a QB they probably have to move up.

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

GB might not take him but another team might trade up with GB to get him.

if Arizona wants a QB they probably have to move up.

I hope you guys are right... The more top end chances we get the better.  Flipping 13 for 15 + 2nd round pick this year would be huge... I guess it depends on what they're hearing and who might be in play to make a move.  

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I hope you guys are right... The more top end chances we get the better.  Flipping 13 for 15 + 2nd round pick this year would be huge... I guess it depends on what they're hearing and who might be in play to make a move.  

Not having that third is a killer in so many ways. Sighs. 

Hail. 

17 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Not having that third is a killer in so many ways. Sighs. 

Hail. 

I disagree, but this is a draft thread so we don't have to go there... 

Not having a 3 does hurt, but if things fall correctly and the posters above are correct... flipping 13 to move back and adding a 2 could seriously add some value.  

Washington trading back and getting a second? Who's gonna' give you that? 

You're only giving that up for a QB and there's only Arizona sat behind in a real need for that. And they aren't giving up a second rounder for that. 

Too high up the board at 13 to realistically be thinking along anything like those lines. 

Hail. 

6 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You're only giving that up for a QB and there's only Arizona sat behind in a real need for that. And they aren't giving up a second rounder for that. 

Too high up the board at 13 to realistically be thinking along anything like those lines. 

Hail. 

thats literally what i said on the last page.... I said I didnt think it would happen and it would be a stretch.. hence the word 'IF' 

I know you did. I was just running with your post as a general point as I can't believe anyone would think they'd move up 2 spots and give up a second. 

They'd have to be TOTALLY sold on one particular guy to want to get above Buffalo. (Who I'll be shocked if they aren't high in the top 10 come draft day with the ammo they have positioned themselves with to move up and take their future QB.). 

This isn't a draft where you can miss out on a QB and drop onto the next one high. They're all too diverse so you'd have to be all in on one particular dude. 

Hail. 

Jon Ledyard Retweeted Live.Love.Laugh

If Washington takes a nose tackle over Derrius Guice at no. 13, Redskins' fans should find a new team.

Jon Ledyard added,

1. Jon Ledyard Retweeted Live.Love.Laugh

I've been on record for awhile now saying Redskins should take Guice at 13. He's a complete back & their roster checks boxes at QB, OT, EDGE, & they believe in group they've got at CB. They don't have a lot of crying needs, and a dynamic back like Guice makes Alex Smith better

Jon Ledyard added,

Live.Love.Laugh @shawnn75
    Replying to @LedyardNFLDraft
    Why draft a RB at 13 if you're the Redskins? You can find one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Not for nothing that's too high to draft a RB with a Jay Gruden offense. He's not going to change his offense to a run 1st offense so this pick doesn't make sense in a pass happy offense...

Jon Ledyard Retweeted Teth-Adam

Yes. Washington will definitely consider Guice at 13. It's not a lock, but they're high on him

Jon Ledyard added,

Teth-Adam @DCRezz
    Replying to @LedyardNFLDraft
    Legitimate option at 13 in your mind? The Skins have spoken extensively about the need to add a big-time back, would a pick that early be justified?
  3. Jon Ledyard Retweeted Adam Strangis

Nope. I think Guice will be gone by 28, but even if he were the pick, I think they'd roll with both and Bell walks after the year and Guice becomes the feature back for the next four years

3 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

Why would Arizona trade up just to leap frog GB to take a QB... do you think GB considers taking Mayfield at 14?  Do you think WE think about taking him?  Or are you thinking another team would get in trade talks with us forcing Arizona to make a move?   I don't see Arizona giving up anything to move up if Mayfield is on the board at 13, likely because if he's there at 13, he will probably be there at 15... I'm honestly just asking... 

Well, I actually think the Ravens & Chargers could both take and want Mayfield.  Rivers is getting up there in age, and Flacco's bad contract can be jettisoned soon.  My trade down only nets us a very late 3rd rounder from Zona to ensure they get a young QB.  

37 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Zona is giving up a late 3rd (comp. pick they got for losing Calais Campbell).  NOT a 2nd.

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jon Ledyard Retweeted Live.Love.Laugh

If Washington takes a nose tackle over Derrius Guice at no. 13, Redskins' fans should find a new team.

Jon Ledyard added,

More

Jon Ledyard Retgroup they've got at CB. They don't have a lot of crying needs, a

1. M 
  2. More

Jon Le

I wouldn't be happy if they took Guice at 13. (Come to that if they took any back there not called Barkley. Who be LONG gone.). So maybe I should start looking around? Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Interesting how the dialogue keeps changing as we get closer to draft day.  As for it panning out, that's a different story.

As for Guice.  He seems all over the place as for chatter.  Either he's now a mid half first rounder or he's going in the 2nd, depending on the audience.

Vea from slam dunk he will be available at 1  to now he there is good chance he's gone earlier than that

Fitzpatrick to a lock top 5 to maybe he has an outside shot of falling to our pick.

Among other things.     

Tandler kicking in

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-draft-countdown-rb-derrius-guice-would-bring-angry-style-washington

On an intangible level, Guice could raise the level of competitiveness among the members of the running back corps. His aggressive style should be contagious and the unit could use a dose of nasty attitude.

The Redskins do appear to have some interest in Guice. According to one report, Bruce Allen and others are scheduled to have dinner with him the night before LSU's pro day. 

Related aside, and apologies if this was covered the time in here, but I still can't believe whichever team it was asked Guice in the Combine interviews if he was attracted to men. There's finding stuff out like if a guys got a habit. Or has had a domestic abuse issue. You don't want any surprises. Particularly a high pick. But that line of questioning crosses the line and is TOTALLY inappropriate IMHO. 

You can't ask that in the workplace so why should you ask a college kid that? Shameful from whatever team involved. 

The League should investigate and make an example of said team.

Hail. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
FollowFollow @AaronWilson_NFL
More

Washington DT Vita Vea, one of the top players in the draft, visits Cowboys, Buccaneers, Washington, Chargers, Giants, Bengals, Broncos, Browns, according to a league source

The fact that he refuses to say Redskins would cause me to unfollow him

On 3/24/2018 at 12:22 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've actually watched Roquan.  He stacks and sheds as well as any ultra-productive middle linebacker.  And this guy is telling me he couldn't take on and beat blocks playing inside at Georgia?

Strongly disagree.  He's bad at taking on blockers, and sometimes goes too far out of his way to avoid them.  Tight Ends, if they can get their hands on him, can neutralize him.  On the right team, he can be a really good linebacker.  But he has to be kept clean.

On 3/24/2018 at 12:22 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Luke Kuechly can't play mike at the next level.  Certainly not next to an undersized converted safety like Thomas Davis.

Ray Lewis can only play sideline to sideline.

London Fletcher can't anchor at the PoA.

Roquan is going to play MLB in the NFL and he's going to be a Probowler.

Who is the sixth QB?

Ray Lewis was schemed to succeed.  Ray also demanded the Ravens improve the trenches or he'd leave in FA because he didn't want to deal with taking on blockers.  The Ravens then drafted Ngata.  Roquan could have a Ray Lewis like impact, but he needs the right personnel around him.

Luke Kuechly was a better all around prospect than Roquan coming out.  He handled blockers well in college.  London Fletcher navigated traffic (for us) better than Roquan does in college.

I would love Roquan on our team, but not with our D-Line, and not when paired with Zach Brown.

Archived