Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I wonder if this opening tips the election back to Donny? The seat will be filled by the election but the right’s dreams are about to come true. With a new judge, they can now overturn everything they want to.

That might bring those wavering Trumpsters back into the fold.

Or will it scare enough voters to vote for Joe? They must do everything they can to counteract the right wing court?

The GOP will ram thru a judge by Election Day. The GOP has 53 seats. You would need 4 Republicans to vote no and that isn’t happening.

If the Dems have control 21; they have to expand the court.

Every issue the right opposes will be on the court docket now, in hopes they can overturn it. 

Dark times ahead.

I find it absurdly sad that the "McConnell rule" is even being referenced and/or debated in the specific context that it should be any kind of guideline on how to do things going forward.  The entire basis of his stalling out Obama's absolute right as President to nominate a nominee during his term should have been seen as complete garbage without merit to begin with, and that was with almost a full year still to go in his term.   It was 100% absolute partisan thievery on display, the exact type that people claim they hate to see, but a great example of....."If my team is doing it, oh well"

McConnell set a very bad precedent in 2016.  He had to twist himself in pretzels to justify it, and is now attempting to un-twist himself from that pretzel by just making up things as he goes along.  

One reason I may actually exit this country one day has nothing to do with those I disagree with politically.  People are people for the most part.  Most are working class or poor, it is just how it is.  No, the reason I may just say eff it and leave is because I am tired of the system being rigged more and more every election cycle to where a smaller number of people are determining laws and for the majority.  I get why we wanted to protect the minority from Majority tyranny, there was sound reason & logic behind that, but we have hit a point where we have gone in the polar opposite direction where it seems like  the minority opinions on issues are the ones that end up in power and writing the laws.  It is totally backwards. I have two young daughters.  I never once ever thought they could possibly be growing up in a country where Roe was overturned.  It just never crossed my mind at the time.  Yes I know a lot of people were not happy with it, but the clear majority supports it and it is settled law.  That is out the window now. 

Expect Obamacare, Right to an abortion, gay marriage to be gone by next summer.

I would expect them to go after Medicare, social security, medicaid, welfare next.

Frankly, any program the gop has been dying to get rid of; they will go after. They will no have a court to rule it unconstitutional.

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Expect Obamacare, Right to an abortion, gay marriage to be gone by next summer.

I would expect them to go after Medicare, social security, medicaid, welfare next.

Frankly, any program the gop has been dying to get rid of; they will go after. They will no have a court to rule it unconstitutional.

I doubt this, unless democrats really, really, really **** the bed this election.

Right now, there is nothing more important than for democrats to win both the presidency and the senate. If they can manage to do both then we are still in the ballgame. Except this time they should actually accomplish something compared to when Obama enjoyed a full house in his first two years. (I guess ACA counts as big, bit all his capital was wasted after that)

If the SCOTUS overturns Roe v Wade, abortion does not become illegal overnight. States would have to pass laws making it illegal, and this would likely tip the number of voters who vote solely on this issue from a slight majority pro-life to a larger majority pro-choice and finally condemn the GOP to a permanent minority party with only regional strongholds in a handful of religious states in the South, Utah, and a few rural areas. Given that the current court recently upheld trans rights, I doubt they will overturn gay marriage. They may find a loophole to knock out the ACA....which would be just the kind of judicial activism the right (including myself) has always claimed to disdain.

Archived