Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

That was the interesting and not surprising part of the article.

The rest is a puff piece on Katie McHugh, someone deemed too racist for Breitbart after they started losing money from advertisers, trying to rehab her image and re-enter society.

The best thing in the entire piece is that deplatforming of right wing wankers is having a real effect on their ability to work and exist in mainstream society, so thumbs up to everyone who does this despite the whining from the freeze peach crowd.

Yeah I read that article, and the fact that white nationalists have infiltrated right wing media should come as a shock to no one.

But that McHugh chick can get bent. She seemed to change her tune only because of her employment opportunities dwindled, not because she suddenly  disavowed white nationalism and racist rhetoric.

Too bad, so sad.

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Yeah I read that article, and the fact that white nationalists have infiltrated right wing media should come as a shock to no one.

They didn't "infiltrate" right wing media. 

They answered the casting call. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

While Cleveland said it was not an issue in his decision on whom to hire, he did share his beliefs about race.

“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe,” he said. “I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live.”

Yikes. From a city council member.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I find it very hard to feel any sympathy whatsoever for trash like that. Deciding they've  changed only after they back themselves into a corner with no way out. Thinking **** like that has a "On/Off" switch and you can just return to normal society like nothing ever happened. **** that, and **** her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I find it very hard to feel any sympathy whatsoever for trash like that. Deciding they've  changed only after they back themselves into a corner with no way out. Thinking **** like that has a "On/Off" switch and you can just return to normal society like nothing ever happened. **** that, and **** her.

They can do that though and you know why don't you? 

In their arrogance, their edgy "I'll show you!" way of running their yaps, they all leave an indelible and undeniable digital record of themselves. Let them groan under that load as they drag those Marleyian chains to their graves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Who would have thought that there was a dark underside to racist people who march behind Nazi flags?  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Larry said:

Who would have thought that there was a dark underside to racist people who march behind Nazi flags?  

If we come out of this alright, there will be a lot of people looking for do-overs and redemption and all that good stuff. I hope we don't give it to them.

I hope that finally (after the civil war/reconstruction and Jim crow/civil rights movement), we learn that you can't truly move forward as a society until you exorcize troublesome demons.  These people have been  given an out every time they try to start **** every 70 years or so, and every time, they've shown that they'll just double down, and kick it to the next several generations to exact their revenge.

Germany rehabilitated themselves  rather quickly. We still hold o. To ghosts of the past, touting ourselves as a progressive society, welcoming all into our house of freedom, diversity and opportunity, meanwhile we have skeletons overflowing from the closets .aking it difficult to walk anywhere without dragging ass.

Feels like our last chance to get this right

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

We still hold on To ghosts of the past, touting ourselves as a progressive society, welcoming all into our house of freedom, diversity and opportunity,

Feels like our last chance to get this right

I dont think it was wrong to attempt. But it failed. And we see now more than ever those failures illustrated. Some people dont deserve to be trusted. Some chances are not worth it. You ideals will destroy you unchecked. All this lead us right to the alt-right and to Trump in particular. 

I do think we risk everything we are (were?) as a country ideologically by not giving second chances......but how many of those until its ok to end the problem for good? I dont know but I think we have to find out before we can actually more forward (as a species, even) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dunno. I just feel like over generations, we've been so terrified of putting our foot down on certain issues for fear of becoming monsters,  that we fail to see the ones staring us in the face as a result of it.

You just can't trust that humans will see the errors of their ways, or that you can slowly guide them towards a gentler path. Laws must be enacted yo stamp it out. Make it so awful to even think about doing it, and ban all imagery associated with it.

That will leave the most ardent among them, who can just stew in their self hate, with no real way of infecting others and spreading it.

It's too easy to be this

33 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I think there should be a path to redemption for people who fall into the alt-right trap and want to get out. 

If for no other reason than that, if you simply announce your intention to exterminate every person who has ever been on their side, then the odds of any of them peacefully leaving that side go way down.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You just can't trust that humans will see the errors of their ways, or that you can slowly guide them towards a gentler path. Laws must be enacted yo stamp it out. Make it so awful to even think about doing it, and ban all imagery associated with it.

That will leave the most ardent among them, who can just stew in their self hate, with no real way of infecting others and spreading it.

While I agree with the basic premise, your solution sounds a bit too authoritarian. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dunno. I just feel like over generations, we've been so terrified of putting our foot down on certain issues for fear of becoming monsters,  that we fail to see the ones staring us in the face as a result of it.

It's too easy to be this

I have been really re-thinking Cancel Culture recently and something Michael Eric Dyson said really resonated with me.

Cancel culture historically in the US was used as a way of just kicking colored people to the curb and offering no path to redemption. I mean that's basically our prison system at the moment.

I think we see time and time again that canceling people out of society just makes the situation worse. To me the alt-right and its manifestation in different types of hate groups is basically a digital gang for white people. And the left is at risk of adopting basically the right wing approach to social outcasts, losers, criminals and misfits, which is to offer no real avenues to being part of mainstream society. IMO if we want a more fair society, a clear path to redemption for anyone who ****ed up is at the center of it and that has to extend to white people who get drawn into racism and white supremacy.

I am still all for de-platforming and not giving these people an avenue to spout their hate. But if they want out, give them a way.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2

But how many of these scumbags actually want out? Many are so indoctrinated at this point it has consumed their life. Those people SHOULD be outcast, exiled, humiliated, embarrassed, etc.

I'm tired of dealing with these human pieces of garbage with kid gloves. They need to be socially destroyed so people who even think about adopting these philosophies know whats in store for them.

Let me stop someone..yes it's been adopted as a white power symbol. No, it wasn't a problem a decade ago or more. No, I have no idea if this was deliberate but anyone using the ok upside down now, today, after the past 2+ years of it being adopted as one of the wp hand gestures..is a goddamn fool. And asking for it.

Edited by The Evil Genius