Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Liquor Thread

PokerPacker

Brazil hopes the world will get a taste for its favourite spirit

There is no other drink that represents Brazil more than the sugar cane spirit cachaça.

You visit a bustling bar with friends on a hot evening, and enjoy cold glasses of the country's national ****tail - caipirinha, a mixture of cachaça, sugar, and lime, with lots and lots of ice.

Or just as popular - you drink cachaça neat, downing shots to toast your companions.

Yet like the nation as a whole, the spirit has had a difficult pandemic.

With bars and restaurants across Brazil closed for long periods since last spring and households not allowed to mix, sales slumped by almost a quarter in 2020.

Producers and industry leaders now hope to boost overseas orders of cachaça, in order to compensate. But as Luciano Sadi Andrade, marketing manager at distillers Companhia Müller de Bebidas, admits: "It has always been a challenge... to explain the concept of cachaça for the foreign market."

_119974793_img_9646.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

11 hours ago, -JB- said:

I’m in downtown Louisville right now for work ****ing some bourbon flights up this weekGIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

We love Louisville.  

In town, and relatively close to everything downtown, you can hit the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse, The Evan Williams Experience, (do the Speakeasy tour if not booked...lots of fun and worth it), Angel's Envy & Old Forester, Rabbit Hole distilleries are all nearby, inexpensive to visit, and the tours include samples.   Lots of fun and cheap.

If you want a great bar, with a very good selection, (and reasonably priced high end bourbon), try the Garage Bar in the NuLu neighborhood.   It's an old service station converted into a bar and the locals flock to it..

• Like 1

Buddy picked me up a bottle of eagle rare this week. Just gotta get it from him. but, that meant I was all too happy to open the 1 bottle I had so did that last night :)

(i try to not open stuff that’s harder to get until I grab a second bottle, otherwise I tend to kill it off and then have none for months :( )

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

Buddy picked me up a bottle of eagle rare this week. Just gotta get it from him. but, that meant I was all too happy to open the 1 bottle I had so did that last night :)

(i try to not open stuff that’s harder to get until I grab a second bottle, otherwise I tend to kill it off and then have none for months :( )

It’s around if check the inventory online. Actually BT products are making their way to most/all of the abc stores in VA this week. Probably halfway done. They hit approx every 6 weeks, so I try to remember after a month to start looking at their online inventory tracker. 

Yeah I’ve got a group of friends that stand in line on delivery day and snag anything they can, then we sort out everyone’s inventory and get things to people who are low in whatever. 

this time around I got the eagle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

...and the Missus isn't helping kill those bottles?  😉

Do you still have your season tickets?    If so, are you going to the game tonight? 

I miss attending games so much, that I'm making a very rare, (as in 3rd or 4th time in 40 years rare), preseason game.   I really want to check out the new field, and see some of our newer players, live.

If so, come on by and see us at the ES tailgate.   It will definitely be a "tailgate light" crowd, cold cuts, cold fried chicken and snacks), but it gives the core group a chance to catch up.

If you do come by, let me know, and I'll bring you a bourbon to try.     I have to behave, as Mrs. Skinsfan doesn't do preseason, so I'm driving.

41 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

...and the Missus isn't helping kill those bottles?  😉

Do you still have your season tickets?    If so, are you going to the game tonight? 

She does, but she’s on call for the entire hospital system this week so I get it all to myself for now :)

and no…. We gave them up 2 years ago when no one would buy them anymore. I haven’t gone in 4 years. I haven’t watched a game on tv in its entirety for at least 3 years. 

The real issue was the timing of awful things: we now have 2 kids, the older one stopped being free, we’re really busy, the team is a disgrace, and the name changed. The blowup of the rg3 era started a cascading “I’m embarrassed” feeling  that reached what feels like a point of no return with the whole filming cheerleaders naked without their consent thing.  

interestingly enough this is the first season I’m interested. Don’t follow player moves anymore (who was our #1 draft pick? I have no idea) but I feel likes it’s make or break for the Rivera era and I’m curious… so I’ll watch. And the first time I think “same old **** show” will be the last time I watch for the season probably…

sucks man. Ruined something I really cared about. Oh well. 

if I hadn’t found the tailgate so interesting and if there’s weren’t a number of active posters I have some relationship with… I’d have quit posting/reading here too…

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, tshile said:

She does, but she’s on call for the entire hospital system this week so I get it all to myself for now :)

and no…. We gave them up 2 years ago when no one would buy them anymore. I haven’t gone in 4 years. I haven’t watched a game on tv in its entirety for at least 3 years. 

The real issue was the timing of awful things: we now have 2 kids, the older one stopped being free, we’re really busy, the team is a disgrace, and the name changed. The blowup of the rg3 era started a cascading “I’m embarrassed” feeling  that reached what feels like a point of no return with the whole filming cheerleaders naked without their consent thing.  

interestingly enough this is the first season I’m interested. Don’t follow player moves anymore (who was our #1 draft pick? I have no idea) but I feel likes it’s make or break for the Rivera era and I’m curious… so I’ll watch. And the first time I think “same old **** show” will be the last time I watch for the season probably…

sucks man. Ruined something I really cared about. Oh well. 

if I hadn’t found the tailgate so interesting and if there’s weren’t a number of active posters I have some relationship with… I’d have quit posting/reading here too…

Understood.

The hiatus from going to games during the pandemic was a much-needed break last season, but now I'm ready for more.

I'm like a puppy that get's kicked by his owner.   No matter how many times I get kicked, I seem to come back for more, with my tail wagging.

Mrs. Skinfan was ready to ditch the whole thing, between all the "woke" stuff, and all that entailed, she was done, so the hiatus gave her a chance to calm down.  

She did, (a little), , but mainly to placate me, because she knows how much   I love the whole gameday experience and we have so many friends that we hang out with at the tailgate and games.

1 hour ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I love the whole gameday experience and we have so many friends that we hang out with at the tailgate and games.

Yup. I miss it. A lot :(

i was raised going to Redskins’s games. It was, for better or worse, part of my identity. 

it hurts it’s gone. Oh well. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, tshile said:

Yea, the ABC system sucks.  Every time I go into my office in DC these days (which is rare) I fill up my car with good booze while I'm down there. 

Actually I love the abc system… I don’t understand why everyone hates it. They do lotteries and auctions and they’re just random. And every store I go into the people are awesome and it takes a onetime 2 minute conversation to find out what day and time their truck deliveries are

their website inventory system is usually spot on accurate… they’ve started rolling out home delivery… online order/pickup already exists….

idk what else you could want. Maybe it’s an area thing and I’m just lucky the closest 5 stores are run and staffed by cool people?

I mean all I gotta do is walk in and tell them 3-4 bourbons that are my favorite and they’ll point me to less popular, readily available stuff that I’ll like. I’d say they’re usually right 70% if the time, which is good enough for me…

• Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So anyone ever had Smooth Ambler bourbon and/or whiskey? Their distillery/tasting room is about 10 minutes from my folks home and thinking about going over there today to see what it is about. Apparently they've been successful in getting some awards but this stuff is still way over my head...

CONTRA92-BOURBON-Fill.png

They make good bourbon.

Hit the distillery, and try a few, before you buy.

• Like 1