Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Liquor Thread

PokerPacker

39 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Does anyone else keep their empties as a display of their history?

We would need to build an addition!

I've repurposed a couple of scotch bottles, for olive oil. I removed the labels and stuck shot pour spouts on them.

I reused a Woodford Reserve bottle for my Solera bottle.  I have an etched bottle of Woodinville,  (a barrel pick), that I'll repurpose,  because it's a nice looking bottle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Does anyone else keep their empties as a display of their history?

There's a bar out here that has the bathroom wallpapered with random old book pages. I wonder if you could do something like that with the labels...

(If you can get them off in decent shape)

3 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Whoever picked this one at Beam, for the VA ABC, hit it out of the park.  This is a very good rye.

I’ve been seeing ads for this. How much does it run? 

Also how often does VA ABC do barrel picks? First one I remember seeing... 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

49 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Don't have a clue...was just passing through Tappohannock,  on the way to Va Beach.

I paid around $50.00. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Hmm, yeah, I do have a pretty vast collection built up in 5 years.  It may eventually become unmanageable.

I feel your pain!

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

VA doesn’t so much do barrel pics as it just calls the distillery and says send me a barrel of XXX. So it can be great or awful, just luck of the draw. 

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, HOF44 said:

I feel your pain!

VA doesn’t so much do barrel pics as it just calls the distillery and says send me a barrel of XXX. So it can be great or awful, just luck of the draw. 

Exactly.

That's why I only bought one.

I lucked out.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Might have asked this before but I didn't find it the answer...

I have this that I got in August 2005 and never opened (it was suppose to be a gift). It's been inside and out of sunlight the entire time...still a good drink? Totally clueless about single malt...

PortWood-21-Years-Lifestyle-Image.jpg

Edited by The Evil Genius

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I have this that I got in August 2005 and never opened (it was suppose to be a gift). It's been inside and out of sunlight the entire time...still a good drink? Totally clueless about single malt...

I have no idea if it’s a good drink or not but letting it sit like that did not affect it at all.  Whiskey keeps forever just about. 

Edited by HOF44
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yes.

It's gone bad.

Send it to me,  and I'll dispose of it safely for you.

My Dad had this a few years ago, and no one was hurt, when we disposed it.

20181226_201529.jpg

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I haven't tried that one but I did try the Balvenie Caribbean cask and it was excellent.  Feel free to send that here if you're unsure.  I'll check it for you to make sure it's still good.

• Haha 1

Chernobyl spirit drinks seized by Ukraine security teams

The first bottles of an "artisanal spirit" made using apples grown near the Chernobyl nuclear power plant have been seized by Ukrainian authorities.

The Chernobyl Spirit Company said 1,500 bottles of Atomik alcoholic drink were confiscated on 19 March and taken to the Kyiv Prosecutor's office.

Officers took the shipment from a truck at a distillery in the Carpathians.

The spirit, its producers say, is Chernobyl's first consumer product since the 1986 nuclear disaster.

_118408307_apple20spirit20with20label.pn

When we tasted the first Atomik vodka martini in 2019, Prof Smith, who is based at Portsmouth University, explained that it was "no more radioactive than any other vodka".

He and his colleagues since adjusted their recipe to make an apple-based spirit. Those apples are grown in the Narodichi district - an area immediately outside the exclusion zone, where agriculture and development is still highly restricted.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 7:28 PM, HOF44 said:

Oh we also picked a barrel of Eagle Rare last weekend.  Some might end up in Pravs store PleaseBlitz. 

I finally checked out the store in DuPont tonight as I was walking by....holy ****balls, I was like a kid in Willy Wonka's factory with all the selection.

Are Prav's picks worth the extra money? I got some recommendations from him and ended up taking home some Weller Antique since I'm a big Buffalo Trace fan

• Like 1