Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

This will be new, only 5 people playing in our league this year.  I mean, its cool, because we won't have players that give up mid-stream.  I expect this to be harder for sure as everyone is going to have a couple really good players as starters unless they royaly f up their draft (which I'm trying not to).

I drafted Cameron Meredith in the 12th on Saturday night for which I declared it was a steal.  **Blows his ACL out** the very next afternoon.

Anyone have any recommendations for waiver wire guys that will see targets?

I currently have Kenny Britt and Kevin White queued up.

My other receivers are Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Devante Parker & Tyrell Williams.  This a 3WR league with no flex.

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Who's left in your league? Amendola & Corey Coleman seem like some late additions for a lot of people of off the waiver wire.

Amendola went right before I chose Meredith.  Corey Coleman too sometime shortly thereafter.

Out there at the moment are the two I'm queued up for and the likes of:

Austin

Perriman

Woods

Marquise Lee

Shepherd

Funchess

T. Smith

M. Sanu

I'm starting to think the rookie RBs are officially overhyped. They'll all be good in their own right but I do think too much is being expected of them. For example, in auction drafts this is whatthey're currently going for:

Cook ($34) ... McCaffrey ($34) ... Hunt ($31) ... Mixon ($25) ... that's all RB 8-14 territory usually. 

Going to be some very very good value to be had with guys like Woodhead, Martin, Stewart, etc. as these rookies get pumped up 

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I drafted Cameron Meredith in the 12th on Saturday night for which I declared it was a steal.  **Blows his ACL out** the very next afternoon.

Anyone have any recommendations for waiver wire guys that will see targets?

I currently have Kenny Britt and Kevin White queued up.

My other receivers are Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Devante Parker & Tyrell Williams.  This a 3WR league with no flex.

Kendall Wright I think he will become the #1 for Chicago

In one of by 2 biggest leagues I Drafted Edelman and Meredith  -  We'll see if I can recover from that.

46 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I'm starting to think the rookie RBs are officially overhyped. They'll all be good in their own right but I do think too much is being expected of them. For example, in auction drafts this is whatthey're currently going for:

Cook ($34) ... McCaffrey ($34) ... Hunt ($31) ... Mixon ($25) ... that's all RB 8-14 territory usually. 

Going to be some very very good value to be had with guys like Woodhead, Martin, Stewart, etc. as these rookies get pumped up 

Ditto although I like Mixon's fantasy potential a lot more than the others. Especially if Jeremy Hill keeps getting banged up. Plus, I think the Bengals offense is better than Minny and KC.

Irritating trade offers have started already. Had a draft last night and this morning I get an offer in for two players both drafted lower than the two players he wants from me.  Why the hell do people do that maybe if he realized he was offering picks 8.6 and 15.7 for picks 7.10 and 12.3 it might dawn on him it was a stupid offer.

On 8/28/2017 at 1:04 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Amendola went right before I chose Meredith.  Corey Coleman too sometime shortly thereafter.

Austin

Perriman

Woods

Marquise Lee

Shepherd

Funchess

T. Smith

M. Sanu

Take Lee from that list.

On 8/28/2017 at 6:33 PM, skinfan2k said:

well here is my final team.  We get to keep 16 players from it. 

Thoughts???

How many in your league? Looks pretty strong to me for a 12 team format - average for a 10.

On 8/28/2017 at 2:15 PM, skinfan2k said:

also i just heard that the league im playing at. we are keeping 15 keepers.  We are drafting 23 players this year.  What the heck do i do.  Do i have to even worry about long term since we are keeping that many players?

Yes definitely worry about who you keep. Treat this like a dynasty league - WR's are premium over RBs. The age of the players becomes a real issue. Don't draft guys like Brady, Brees, Ben R, Carson Palmer, Adrian Peterson or anyone else you see possibly retiring next year. Draft more Rbs then any other position in the second half of the draft, don't use any strategy like streaming Defenses in super deep leagues like this. The deeper the league the more you change how you can handle it

On 8/29/2017 at 9:42 AM, nonniey said:

Irritating trade offers have started already. Had a draft last night and this morning I get an offer in for two players both drafted lower than the two players he wants from me.  Why the hell do people do that maybe if he realized he was offering picks 8.6 and 15.7 for picks 7.10 and 12.3 it might dawn on him it was a stupid offer.

Try getting offered his Coby Fleener for my Kareem Hunt. He knows I am weak at TE but if you were me would you take that offer?

I usually play two leagues a year. A 40 player roster 12 man Dynasty League and a league with my friends. We held our yearly draft this past Saturday before the fights and I killed it. It's a Superflex (can start 2 QBs if you want) start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 normal flex league. Here's my drafted team

Round 1 - Aaron Rodgers (had 2nd pick)

Round 2 - Todd Gurley

Round 3 - Zeke Elliot

Round 4 - Russell Wilson

Round 5 - Devante Parker (true reach but I wanted him so didn't care very high on him this year)

Round 6 - Demaryius Thomas

Round 7 - Keenan Allen

Round 8 - Doug Martin

Round 9 - Darren McFatty

Round 10 - Kareem Hunt (Did not know Ware was gonna miss season when I drafted him here)

Round 11 - Stefon Diggs

Round 12 - Jack Doyle (Hate this stupid pick but this was the 15th TE off the board)

Round 13 - Willie Snead

Round 14 - Steelers D (just cause I like the schedule to open season)

Round 15 - Sam Bradford (He was like QB30 off the board and has a great schedule)

Round 16 - Emmanuel Sanders (These guys hated Denvers QB so much they let me steal him here)

Round 17 - Mike Gillislee (Every Pats RB has value somewhere in a draft no matter what lol)

Round 18 - Some stupid kicker from Detroit why? Because they won't let me have my way and get rid of this worthless position forever.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:04 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Austin

Perriman

Woods

Marquise Lee

Shepherd

Funchess

T. Smith

M. Sanu

Kenny Britt should have been drafted, by far he is the top guy you want. No clue why he wasn't yet Danny Amendola was drafted lol that's funny to me. 

Britt is on a team that's going to throw the ball who has very few options in the passing game and is coming off his best season as a pro and a 1000 yard season under 30 years old. They just signed him to a big contract and are going to use him to get something from that investment. I'd rank the guys you mentioned

1. Britt

2. White - I don't like him and think there is a significant drop off here but really no one but him and Britt on this list of guys are going to guarantee you 100+ targets this year like these two offer. If they are gone then I guess Shepard then Perriman but now your really in the weeds going there.

Keep Funchess on your watch list. I know everyone writes him off as trash and a "bust" because the average fantasy guy likes to hate on players but remember he's only 23 years old, he's entering his third professional season the year players break out a lot of the time, his head coach has been saying he's going to get targets and be used more then in the past, and he's the WR2 with only Benjamin in front of him. Not saying to definitely grab him but say you miss out on Britt and White (easy points) and want to play it out before making your claim, if he starts out fast could be someone no one is looking at to grab 

12 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Try getting offered his Coby Fleener for my Kareem Hunt. He knows I am weak at QB but if you were me would you take that offer?

I usually play two leagues a year. A 40 player roster 12 man Dynasty League and a league with my friends. We held our yearly draft this past Saturday before the fights and I killed it. It's a Superflex (can start 2 QBs if you want) start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 normal flex league. Here's my drafted team

Round 1 - Aaron Rodgers (had 2nd pick)

Round 2 - Todd Gurley

Round 3 - Zeke Elliot

Round 4 - Russell Wilson

Round 5 - Devante Parker (true reach but I wanted him so didn't care very high on him this year)

Round 6 - Demaryius Thomas

Round 7 - Keenan Allen

Round 8 - Doug Martin

Round 9 - Darren McFatty

Round 10 - Kareem Hunt (Did not know Ware was gonna miss season when I drafted him here)

Round 11 - Stefon Diggs

Round 12 - Jack Doyle (Hate this stupid pick but this was the 15th TE off the board)

Round 13 - Willie Snead

Round 14 - Steelers D (just cause I like the schedule to open season)

Round 15 - Sam Bradford (He was like QB30 off the board and has a great schedule)

Round 16 - Emmanuel Sanders (These guys hated Denvers QB so much they let me steal him here)

Round 17 - Mike Gillislee (Every Pats RB has value somewhere in a draft no matter what lol)

Round 18 - Some stupid kicker from Detroit why? Because they won't let me have my way and get rid of this worthless position forever.

You got Wilson in round 4 in a Superflex?????  Lowest I've seen him go in a Superflex is pick 2.4. You'd be lucky to get Dak in round 4 in any I've seen this year. For that matter I see several players that dropped several rounds on your roster (That said Elliot was a huge reach imo).  Good roster overall but lacking star power at any position outside of QB.

Results of my Last Superflex (PPR)

Ryan, Matt QB ATL        1.7

Cousins, Kirk QB  WAS   3.7

Glennon, Mike QBCHI     10.6

Goff, Jared QBLAR         11.7

McCown, Josh QBNYJ     16.6

Freeman, Devonta RBATL    2.6

Howard, Jordan RBCHI     4.6

Woodhead, Danny RB  BAL 8.6

Kelley, Rob RB  WAS    12.6

Charles, Jamaal RB  DEN  17.7

Fitzgerald, Larry WR  ARI  5.7

Robinson, Allen WR  JAX  7.7

Moncrief, Donte WR IND  9.7

Wright, Kendall WR CHI   14.6

Lee, Marqise WR   JAX  18.6

Olsen, Greg TE  CAR  6.6

Gostkowski, Stephen K NEP   15.7

DEN Broncos D DEN   13.7

13 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You got Wilson in round 4 in a Superflex?????  Lowest I've seen him go in a Superflex is pick 2.4. You'd be lucky to Dak in round 4 in any I've seen this year. For that matter I see several players that dropped several rounds on your roster (That said Elliot was a huge reach imo).  Good roster overall but lacking star power at any position outside of QB.

Dak in round four would be awesome. Why are you sleeping on the QB who was the most consistent QB1 in all of fantasy last year? As far as star power not sure what that means.

To me Elliot is a no brainer in drafts this year as a must draft player. It's like last years Leveon Bell. He was suspended a couple of games and no one was drafting him and that was the wrong move to make. Let me make a case that at pick 22 that was brilliant and how to play this. 

If Zeke wins the suspension and plays all games your talking about a top 3 overall player this year. If so your at a +19 on this pick. If he doesn't win your target of Darren McFadden should be drafted in rounds 5 to when you feel like people are starting to get to notice he is out there. You lock up the RB position in Dallas, who has the best Offensive line in the league today. Your guaranteed a RB1 for the season with these two picks, unless you believe in Alfred Morris which I don't. Alfred can't catch and he hasn't ever shown the ability to be a good pass protector. If your drafting with sharks then you might have to take McFadden in the 5th round to ensure you get him but usually once Zeke is off the board other players stop looking at Zeke. Don't play this too close, get McFadden and promise yourself you will not trade him this season. 

Now the key with Zeke is simple. Get to week 8 of the fantasy season with a .500 record. When he comes back that week him arriving is going to be like you pulled off a massive trade to help yourself without giving up anything. You now have a lock down RB1 in your lineup. To me there are no lock down RB1's in the third round to have like Zeke. If your reaching on a guy make it last years rushing yards leader who is going to be rested when everyone else is not. It's a no brainer. It worked last year with Bell and it will likely work this year with Elliot. 

Also target Doug Martin this year. People are off him because he's going to miss a couple of games. He's clean and sober and looking like the muscle hamster of yesterday. He's going way late in drafts and well worth the gamble and has RB1 upside. Let the other people in your league worry if some no name can take his job away (hint he won't) and take the risk. Fortune favors the bold!

I get your Zeke plan but  your assumption should be that he will lose his appeal (almost a sure thing - given what team he is on - remember it is Mara that controls the NFL)  that means he will be out over half the season.    Demarco Murray, Baldwin, or Brandin Cooks were available at pick 3.2 in my super any of which should go well before Elliot.

Good luck -  if you can survive to Week 8 and you have a great chance having both Rodgers and Wilson (How the heck did Wilson last that long???) it may work for you.

Thanks man my league is superstitious and my advise for anyone playing fantasy is to draft YOUR guys. I stress drafting your guys, going away from ADP either too high or to low works out every year. The reason we have so many people with input on fantasy football is no one gets it right all the time every year. 

Someone like Zeke is so hard to figure out when to draft him. Being in the second spot there in the third there are a couple of things to understand about this pick. 

1. There was no chance he was there with my fourth pick

2. When your drafting with real people it's always a good sign when you hear others remark on your pick in ways like Damn it I was gonna take him and this move saw the biggest reaction in my league

3. ADP doesn't win you leagues and neither does a draft. It's how you play them when you play them that wins you a league

before my draft I had the same decision everyone else did. To take him or not. Sure Zekes ADP right now is late third early fourth. So what? He wouldn't be there when I picked again. So I took him early because he offers to me such a great spot that other third round picks you mentioned there offer to me. He is one of my guys. For the record all of those guys were there and I passed on them all and would do it again.

Not that I don't like Baldwin I do but is he a must have? Not to me. I don't like Cooks for various reasons and Murray I think starts out fine and is phased out by seasons end. I don't draft old rbs anyway they aren't my guys. They are your guys but not mine. You have to love your team your stuck with them all year. In fantasy you either win or you don't. I'm gonna take the guys I like if they lose then I'm fine with it. Rather lose with my guys then some ones ADP ranking anyway

Oh and for the record when I plugged that team into footballguys Rate my team I scored a 99:99:90 rating to make the playoffs. I will take it ☺️

Just finished my primary league ... I went in with 2 keepers (David Johnson for $45 and Melvin Gordon for $20) ... on a $220 auction half PPR

QB: Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers

RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Paul Perkins, CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman

WR: Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Rishard Matthews

TE: Austin Hooper, Hunter Henry

I got stuck in a situation where the WRs dried up before the RBs did and I had money to spend so I went for the RBs as trade bait ... may sit on them for a while and see who emerges to go get another WR. I like Robinson and Adams and expect Parker to break out but with no depth I fear vulnerability.

I plan to start Johnson, Gordon at RB with Robinson and Adams at WR and then 2 of Perkins/Mixon/Anderson at Flex.

Archived