Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

I just opened up my tent this morning to check and water and it seems like my plants have passed some magical growth threshold where they're now producing that typical dank smell. I opened it up and was like "whoah..."

They're not even 2 weeks in...I can't imagine how powerful the inside of that tent will smell in another month.

Thank god for carbon filters on exhaust fans.  :ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Oregon's cannabis farm emergency

It turns out that when Oregon voters legalized recreational marijuana in 2014, southern Oregon saw a surge of illegal marijuana farms posing as legal hemp farms. The Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission recently reported that nearly 50% of registered hemp farms inspected by the state grow marijuana with THC content above the legal limits.

With marijuana “legal” in Oregon now, these illegal farms operate with near impunity next to Oregon’s highly regulated marijuana market. And now that Western states have been hit with a drought, these illegal farmers are illegally stealing water from the surrounding creeks and wells that legal fruit and nut farmers have been using for generations. One illegal cannabis farm recently raided by authorities was illegally drawing water from the Illinois River to feed over 72,000 marijuana plants.

It has gotten so bad that the Jackson County Board of Commissioners has declared a state of emergency warning of “an imminent threat to the public health and safety of our citizens from the illegal production of cannabis in our county.” It has asked the governor for more resources to address the problem since the Oregon Water Resources Department only has four full-time employees dedicated to handling complaints in Jackson County.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:29 PM, mistertim said:

I figured since it went HAM and essentially gave the world the finger, it deserved a chance so I grabbed a smaller 2 gallon and put it in there and decided to name her Drummer after the character from The Expanse, because Drummer is an absolute badass and just cannot be killed.

Then I decided to give the others names of Expanse characters (Drummer, Naomi, Bobbie) since in VA you have to label them with your name, etc anyway...so figured I might as well also just give them names. Also because I'm a huge nerd.

Glad this is going well for you.  Love the naming convention.  If I ever did this, I'd name mine after Wu Tang Clan members.  

• Thanks 1

Can Kansas cops seize cash from legal marijuana sales in Missouri? A federal judge will decide.

A Pennsylvania company is asking a federal court to return about $166,000 in proceeds from marijuana sales in Missouri that was seized by law enforcement in Kansas as the cash was on its way to Colorado.

The U.S. Attorney's Office for Kansas filed the civil asset forfeiture case last month in the U.S. District Court in Wichita.

Federal prosecutors claim the money is subject to forfeiture because of alleged violations of a U.S. law against manufacturing and distributing drugs. The driver of the van, though, hasn't been charged with any federal crimes in Kansas, U.S. District Court records show.

Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent Bryson Wheeler, who is stationed in Kansas, wrote the affidavit detailing the allegations of the case.

The approximately $165,620 in cash was seized by Dickinson County Sheriff's Deputy Kalen Robison during a May 18 traffic stop on I-70 near the Abilene exit. The money was in a Ford Transit van owned by Empyreal Logistics

Robison first pulled the van over on May 17 for an unspecified traffic violation, according to the affidavit. The driver told the deputy that she was a Denver-based employee of Empyreal Logistics and had been tasked with transporting cash from marijuana dispensaries in Kansas City, Mo., across Kansas to a credit union in Colorado.

Court documents don't indicate whether the dispensaries sold medical marijuana, which is legal under Missouri law.

The driver said she was on her way to Kansas City and would collect the cash proceeds from marijuana businesses. The driver was released. The DEA then surveilled the driver "stopping at and entering multiple state marijuana dispensaries" on the Missouri side of the metro, according to the affidavit.

One day after the first traffic stop, Robison again pulled over the Empyreal van along the interstate in Dickinson County. The affidavit didn't specify the reason for stopping the vehicle.

Law enforcement then seized five bags of cash, which the driver said were from multiple marijuana dispensaries in Kansas City. A drug dog later "alerted to the odor of marijuana coming from the currency," the DEA agent wrote, and "marijuana is a controlled substance and illegal under both federal and Kansas state law."

Empyreal Logistics is a Pennsylvania-based company. In court records, the company's lawyers dispute claims that the money was connected to drug trafficking and subject to forfeiture.

"Plaintiff's claims should be barred as the conduct which generated the Defendant property was lawful under Missouri state law and tacitly or affirmatively allowed by the action of the United States Federal Government," the company's lawyers wrote.

Click on the link for the full article

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Those are some damn good looking plants, @Fresh8686

You probably mentoined this before, but what strain are you growing there?

Thanks! 

The first two pics are of Lemon Zkittlez (Lemon Party x Zkittlez) and it smells like bright lemon and yellow starburst.

The third pic is Royal Limez (Zkittlez/Black Lime Reserve x Royal Kush) and actually smells like strawberry jam and gasoline. 

The 4th and 5th pics are Nana Glue (GG4 x Banana Butter Cups) and has a dank and subtle chocolate aroma. 

The 6th and 7th pics are MendoPurple 3.5 (Mendo Purple x Purple Urkle) and it’s got a candy grape aroma. If you look close you can see the beginning of purple bud starting to grow in the flower. 

The other two pics are shots of Lemon and Mendo. My two favorite so far are the Royal Limez and Lemon Zkittlez. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Thanks! 

The first two pics are of Lemon Zkittlez (Lemon Party x Zkittlez) and it smells like bright lemon and yellow starburst.

The third pic is Royal Limez (Zkittlez/Black Lime Reserve x Royal Kush) and actually smells like strawberry jam and gasoline. 

The 4th and 5th pics are Nana Glue (GG4 x Banana Butter Cups) and has a dank and subtle chocolate aroma. 

The 6th and 7th pics are MendoPurple 3.5 (Mendo Purple x Purple Urkle) and it’s got a candy grape aroma. If you look close you can see the beginning of purple bud starting to grow in the flower. 

The other two pics are shots of Lemon and Mendo. My two favorite so far are the Royal Limez and Lemon Zkittlez. 

Oh nice. I'm actually thinking of doing a Zkittlez in my next run. Are they pretty easy to grow? I only have room for 2-3 so I'm thinking maybe a Zkittlez and either a Gorilla Glue or a Skywalker OG.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Oh nice. I'm actually thinking of doing a Zkittlez in my next run. Are they pretty easy to grow? I only have room for 2-3 so I'm thinking maybe a Zkittlez and either a Gorilla Glue or a Skywalker OG.

Yea, she’s been super easy to grow so far. I haven’t grown out pure Zkittlez but she definitely has added something nice to both of the crosses I’m working here and those have both been sexually stable, PM resistant, and vigorous. 

My nana glue has been stupid vigorous but one of the lower branches showed some intersex traits. That could be from the bbc side of things though. It’s not too big of a deal of you catch it, but it’s something to watch out for. 

I’ve got some skywalker crosses I’ve heard great things about. I’ll be growing those out next year so I’ll be interested to see how you like those if you give them a run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Yea, she’s been super easy to grow so far. I haven’t grown out pure Zkittlez but she definitely has added something nice to both of the crosses I’m working here and those have both been sexually stable, PM resistant, and vigorous. 

My nana glue has been stupid vigorous but one of the lower branches showed some intersex traits. That could be from the bbc side of things though. It’s not too big of a deal of you catch it, but it’s something to watch out for. 

I’ve got some skywalker crosses I’ve heard great things about. I’ll be growing those out next year so I’ll be interested to see how you like those if you give them a run. 

I noticed in your pics that you're doing a scrog setup. I just starting doing some LST on mine (just bending and tying down) but I was curious whether it's possible to do a scrog with autos or is it mostly for photos so you can give them plenty of time in veg to grow into the screen?

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I noticed in your pics that you're doing a scrog setup. I just starting doing some LST on mine (just bending and tying down) but I was curious whether it's possible to do a scrog with autos or is it mostly for photos so you can give them plenty of time in veg to grow into the screen?

You can definitely use a scrog for autos if they are the kind that will stretch during growth. The trouble is knowing when they will all do so and how much stretch will occur. 

I didn’t put my trellis in until week 2 of flower and my main reason for doing so was to weave nana glues branches under the trellis to widen her canopy and slow her down from growing too close to the light. 

Depending on how the rest of the girls continue to stretch I’ll be lowering the trellis further so I can get the added benefit of the trellis supporting the thinner branches so they don’t fall over when they get heavy with big chunky buds. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Here's one of my girls after a watering and starting LST earlier this morning. Newer nodes are already starting to reach towards the light. This is exactly 3 weeks in. I probably could have started LST at week 2 but being a total noob I was worried about stressing or possibly breaking things.

naomi-lst.png

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

A close up shot of nana glue at 5-1/2 weeks. Pretty cool to see her leaves turning purple already. 

F4608197-DAF0-48DE-8074-C3A4ACF66DC7.jpeg

397ACC65-E3F4-47A3-BC06-C43E4DE3F673.jpeg

Wow that's insanely frosty. When you say 5 1/2 weeks do you mean total or 5 1/2 weeks into flower (IIRC you run photos)? How much longer do you have until they're ready for harvest?

Those plants look super healthy. I think you mentioned before that you run an all organic setup right? Do you make your own super soil? Make compost teas? I'm currently running Fox Farm Ocean Forest so it's organic for now but I'll probably need to start adding some extra non-organic nutes once they get a bit more into flower, though I'd like to learn how to make my own amendments and teas at some point.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

Wow that's insanely frosty. When you say 5 1/2 weeks do you mean total or 5 1/2 weeks into flower (IIRC you run photos)? How much longer do you have until they're ready for harvest?

Those plants look super healthy. I think you mentioned before that you run an all organic setup right? Do you make your own super soil? Make compost teas? I'm currently running Fox Farm Ocean Forest so it's organic for now but I'll probably need to start adding some extra non-organic nutes once they get a bit more into flower, though I'd like to learn how to make my own amendments and teas at some point.

Thanks and yea these are photos and I meant 5-1/2 weeks of flower. I’ll be harvesting around week 9-10 depending on when the trichomes ripen to how I want. 

I’m doing all organic and I mixed my own soil at first with the recipe I posted a couple pages back. However, I’ve got bad nerve damage and mixing my batches was making my seizures worse so I bought some build a soil organic mix for when I up-potted to 5 gallons and top-dressed in week 4. 

For that same reason I’m using a couple of things from the nectar of the gods line as a substitute for teas. They are nearly 100% organic with a couple products having very small trace amounts of a calcium based salt. However, just a caution, I don’t use their Bloom Khaos because I worry about the trace amounts of arsenic in the potash per their msds report.  

Flowering has been a breeze with hardly any issues at all. We’ve just been watering once a week till now, but that’s changing as they kick into gear and chunk up. 

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Investors sour on cannabis after Democrats fail to help industry

The marijuana industry is in a deep financial funk.

Stock prices have plummeted roughly 45 percent since mid-February, according to the AdvisorShares Pure U.S. Cannabis ETF, a popular gauge of the sector. Over the same time period, the broader S&P 500 is up about 20 percent.

“It's got to be one of the worst performing asset classes in the United States, sadly,” said Morgan Paxhia, co-founder of Poseidon Asset Management, a cannabis investment firm.

One big reason for the financial doldrums is that Congress and the Biden administration have done nothing to ease marijuana restrictions, despite Democrats being in complete control of the federal government.

The latest blow: JPMorgan Chase’s decision to stop accepting some cannabis trades from brokerage clients, as first reported by Reuters on Tuesday. That comes on the heels of Credit Suisse Group making a similar announcement.

“The banks are seeing the same thing that I'm seeing, that there is no cannabis legalization coming in the next six to 12 months,” said Marc Adesso, an attorney with Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr who works on major cannabis industry deals.

Click on the link for the full article

To be fair, cannabis stocks were way overpriced on investor speculation so this correction makes sense.

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Republicans about to make this **** illegal all over again in the mid terms I bet. Rip weed.

Possibly. I doubt it tho. The Trumpers are bigly pro cannabis. Was even lectured by a few years back about it was actually Trump and the Republicans that would finally legalize ganja. Go figure. 🤪