Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

‘Down the rabbit hole’: Arizona GOP goes full fringe

Just when it seemed Arizona Republicans couldn’t make more of a spectacle, they found another way.

As the party hardens around its fealty to former President Donald Trump, the GOP is filling up its midterm ballot with a roster of conspiracy theorists and extremists that could threaten the party’s prospects in a state that’s drifted leftward in recent elections.

The latest of those candidates is Ron Watkins, a celebrity in the QAnon conspiracy world suspected of being Q, who announced his plans to run for Congress last week.

It isn’t just that Watkins embraces the baseless claim that the November election was stolen. It’s that an entire ticket is running on that falsehood now. The state’s congressional delegation features Rep. Paul Gosar, who spoke earlier this year at a conference organized by a white nationalist, and Rep. Andy Biggs, who falsely maintains “we don’t know” who won the presidential election in Arizona.

State Rep. Mark Finchem, one of the chief proponents of the discredited post-election ballot review in Arizona, has been endorsed by Trump in his bid for secretary of state. And Kari Lake, the former TV anchor who has become a frontrunner for governor, still insists Trump carried the state and said recently that she would not have certified the 2020 election.

Click on the link for the full article

AUSTIN — Nearly a year after offering up a hefty bounty for evidence of voter fraud in the wake of Donald Trump’s loss, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has handed out his first reward. 

But instead of going to an informant who smoked out fraud by Democrats, Patrick’s five-figure payout went to a progressive poll worker in Pennsylvania whose tip led to a single conviction of illegal voting by a registered Republican. 

The unexpected outcome reveals the political dangers of cash bounties. With few strings attached, and more cases of alleged GOP voting fraud still in Pennsylvania courts, Patrick may be asked to shell out even more cash to his opponents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, China said:

Platform item 14 (c):

We urge that the Texas Legislature pass legislation to harden the Texas Electric Grid against:

c. Geomagnetic storms created by solar flares from the sun

kermit-the.gif.aeb9ef198eb21bcaebb2fb170cead0f7.gif

...ahem...

Solar flares are streams of high energy photons that erupt from the sun.  They impact radio communications on earth by interaction with the ionosphere (radio blackout).  But...and this is important...THEY DO NOT CAUSE GEOMAGNETIC STORMS!!!!!!!

Geomagnetic storms, ones that would cause problems with the electric grid, are generally caused by solar coronal mass ejections (CME).  CME's can happen in conjunction with solar flares, but they can also happen completely independent of solar flares.  Basically they are a burp of magnetized plasma that the sun releases and, when it gets to earth, stresses the earths magnetic field which in turn causes anomalous currents in the electric grid.

tl/dr: solar flares don't cause geomagnetic storms, cme's do.

Now...if I was a major political party and I wanted to put a scientific statement into my party platform, maybe, just maybe, I would consult with a person with a scientific education somewhat beyond middle school you complete and total ****nuts!!!!

muppets-kermit.gif.69040aeb1dec28239c00ff6f14c7b487.gif

I'm better now...thanks.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

the gop isn't just a top to bottom total sewer now, it's a deadly nationwide contaminant and should be chemically neutralized

if it helps to point it out, decomposition is a natural chemical process and i support natural solutions :) 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

the gop isn't just a top to bottom total sewer now, it's a deadly nationwide contaminant and should be chemically neutralized

if it helps to point it out, decomposition is a natural chemical process and i support natural solutions :) 

Can't happen fast enough in Texas. Since I'm not a resident of Florida, Arizona Georgia, and the rest controlled by the Republican Death Cult, I bet sane people there feel the same way.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Platform item 14 (c):

We urge that the Texas Legislature pass legislation to harden the Texas Electric Grid against:

c. Geomagnetic storms created by solar flares from the sun

kermit-the.gif.aeb9ef198eb21bcaebb2fb170cead0f7.gif

...ahem...

Solar flares are streams of high energy photons that erupt from the sun.  They impact radio communications on earth by interaction with the ionosphere (radio blackout).  But...and this is important...THEY DO NOT CAUSE GEOMAGNETIC STORMS!!!!!!!

Geomagnetic storms, ones that would cause problems with the electric grid, are generally caused by solar coronal mass ejections (CME).  CME's can happen in conjunction with solar flares, but they can also happen completely independent of solar flares.  Basically they are a burp of magnetized plasma that the sun releases and, when it gets to earth, stresses the earths magnetic field which in turn causes anomalous currents in the electric grid.

tl/dr: solar flares don't cause geomagnetic storms, cme's do.

Now...if I was a major political party and I wanted to put a scientific statement into my party platform, maybe, just maybe, I would consult with a person with a scientific education somewhat beyond middle school you complete and total ****nuts!!!!

muppets-kermit.gif.69040aeb1dec28239c00ff6f14c7b487.gif

I'm better now...thanks.

To be honest, considering the state of the GOP now, I'm truly surprised that they didn't say geomagnetic storms are caused by vaccines, ANTIFA, and critical race theory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1