Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump received a large campaign donation from InBev and thus his change in stance.  That post reads like someone wrote that for him, with all the language and details of how great AB is.

• Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, China said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump received a large campaign donation from InBev and thus his change in stance.  That post reads like someone wrote that for him, with all the language and details of how great AB is.

He did. He also has stock in them. I'll try to find the link.

Spoiler

Trump, on eve of fundraiser with Anheuser-Busch lobbyist, defends company

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/06/donald-trump-bud-light-fundraiser-00140009

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I’ve been staying out of politics for my own well being. Figured I’d pop my head in here and see what’s different.

Well, that was answered. not a damn thing. Carry on…

Well, if that's the case,  I'd like to know what your intention was bothering to make this post.

What was the "difference" you were looking for?

Do you look for political news anywhere else or is this your only source? 

I'd like an answer to both questions. 🙂

57 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Well, if that's the case,  I'd like to know what your intention was bothering to make this post.

What was the "difference" you were looking for?

Do you look for political news anywhere else or is this your only source? 

I'd like an answer to both questions. 🙂

no, this isn’t my only source. I’ve been avoiding it everywhere. my wife has been keeping me up with good news. It’s actually relieved a lot of stress on my part. I shouldn’t have stuck my head in here really. 

i made the post because i like talking sometimes. I don’t have hardly any friends anymore, so i just say what’s on mind sometimes. A general like or short reply is enough engagement for me

i just wanted to look in, nothing more than that. I guess the difference I’m looking for is that republicans suddenly grew consciousness and decided to love and help people.

It has not happened so I will see myself out. I’ll stick to other threads. 

Fucious Fan since a Fetus says: one can only stick their heads in the sand for so long before Republican dog pisses down their neck. 

Until next time, I bid you a very hearty adeiu!

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Bang said:

We've lived in interesting times all my damn life.

It's damned boring.

~Bang

Nah, it's been prequel, a long slow setup for the **** that's coming next. Theater of a sort, feeding you dribs and drabs to keep you tuned in for the advertisements from their sponsors.

Things are heating up, speeding up, I liken it to a singularity we're all being sucked into. The closer we get the more heat gets generated, the more collisions, the more energy is reflected and reabsorbed. 

You're gonna look back and long for the placid pace of the last few decades.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I was warmed to see:

1) For a politician, his account barely has any followers

2) For a politician, his post barely got any likes

3) A rather large cross section of people criticizing his post (including one especially potent response)

4) The posts that are critical of him have almost as many likes as his original post does

I'm actually baffled how this guy got elected now.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm actually baffled how this guy got elected now.

Ever been to Michigan? 

Maternal side of family is from there. Outside of the cities are vast expanses of rural area, that are filled with backwoods hunters and fishermen. MAGA demographic in a nutshell. I’d guess this guy is from a district similar to this. I’ve spent a lot of time up there…doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Michigan summers are delightful though!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Ever been to Michigan? 

Maternal side of family is from there. Outside of the cities are vast expanses of rural area, that are filled with backwoods hunters and fishermen. MAGA demographic in a nutshell. I’d guess this guy is from a district similar to this. I’ve spent a lot of time up there…doesn’t surprise me one bit.

Michigan summers are delightful though!

I have indeed been to Michigan, have a ton of family that live there so numerous family reunions, etc. But I've never been exposed to the areas of Michigan you're talking about lol...I guess white supremacists need political representation, too.