Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

As expected, the Republicans are backing Daniel Snyder. We've heard this throughout. At the original hearings, they assured Snyder that all this will end if Republicans take the House. In the latest reported news, a ranking Republican is calling the Congressional investigation a farce and a waste of time and want Friedman referred to Justice. I mean what's a little sexual harrassment and a bit of fraud?

If you want Snyder as an owner of the Commanders then vote Republican.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/04/21/commanders-investigation-republicans-democrats-spar/

https://www.wusa9.com/article/sports/nfl/washington-commanders/republican-rips-democrats-for-investigation-into-washington-commanders/65-e19c8044-5ecd-4e12-a6cf-ba584c9dc2aa

On 4/5/2022 at 11:22 PM, China said:

In New Dashcam Video, Madison Cawthorn Seems Surprised Car Is Registered To Dad

The North Carolina Highway Patrol has released another dashcam video from a traffic stop of Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) when he didn’t have his driver’s license and was speeding, according to the officer on the scene.

Cawthorn was cited in October for driving 89 mph in a 65 mph zone after he was pulled over in Buncombe County, according to Queen City News in Charlotte, North Carolina, which petitioned to obtain the video.

During the stop, Cawthorn said the car was his, then appeared surprised when the officer told him the vehicle was registered to his father.

It was one of three traffic violations Cawthorn racked up in five months, according to law enforcement records.

Queen City News earlier obtained a dashcam video from when Cawthorn was pulled over in Polk County in January.

He was cited then for driving 87 mph in a 70 mph zone.

In that dashcam video, Cawthorn can be heard telling the officer: “I’ve got a firearm in the car.”

“Where’s your firearm at?” the officer asks. “OK, just keep it up there.”

Last month in Cleveland County, Cawthorn was pulled over when his car allegedly drifted over the center line. He was charged with a misdemeanor for driving with a revoked license. It’s not yet clear why his license had been revoked.

The unidentified officer in the January video was exceptionally polite, particularly given that Cawthorn was driving a car not registered to him, was driving without a valid license and was speeding. He tells the congressman on the video to be careful when he backs up.

One critic on Twitter described the encounter as “peak white privilege.”

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Haha 1

I feel like all this framing hes trying to do is taking forever and pissing off the judge and just giving them the opportunity to object. Seems like a really stupid way to do this when you see how the judge is reacting. Like come on broseph 

Poor Kevin, his speaker dreams are in peril. The California primary is June 7; so too late for candidate to run against him. Depends how pissed Trump gets. Trump could try to get an independent; to run in the fall. I don't see how he gets the speaker job, he's pissed the maga and non- maga sides. Heck, if they are really pissed; may be they remove him as minority leader.

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

How often does this happen with average Americans? Cops tells them to switch with the passenger like he's not going to be driving again 10min later? 

I've had it happen to me. 

Got stopped at a checkpoint. Cop ran my license, and said that my license was suspended. It was suspended that day, so there was no way I could have known it. But it's still suspended. 

Cop said that he could:  

1). Run the license of my passenger. And if the passenger's license is good, then the passenger can drive the car. 
2). Or call a tow truck, impound my car, and hit me with several hundred dollars towing fees. (And waste an hour of the cop's time, since he has to sit with my car till the tow truck arrives). 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I've had it happen to me. 

Got stopped at a checkpoint. Cop ran my license, and said that my license was suspended. It was suspended that day, so there was no way I could have known it. But it's still suspended. 

Cop said that he could:  

1). Run the license of my passenger. And if the passenger's license is good, then the passenger can drive the car. 
2). Or call a tow truck, impound my car, and hit me with several hundred dollars towing fees. (And waste an hour of the cop's time, since he has to sit with my car till the tow truck arrives). 

So it was the first offense. Not the 3rd getting caught. 

Smiling at the thought of Disney fighting this in court. I at least get the impression that when lawyers want to scare other lawyers, they use the example of Disney's lawyers. 

Not really sure that I see it happening. The impression I get is that losing this district means a huge tax cut for Disney. (And I refuse to believe that Disney isn't already in charge of those two counties' governments). 

Edited by Larry

Although I think focusing on the dollars is a mistake, too. 

Diverts attention from what I think are more important points:  

* This situation was caused my the Florida Republican Party passing legislation which was openly stated as being done for the purpose of being selectively enforced against minority groups that Republicans don't like. 

* And when a corporation stood up and pointed out that the law was near Nazi-like in its intent, the Nazi wannabe in charge of the state decided that it was politically a good time to highlight his desire to be a dictator. And the entire GOP unanimously agreed. 

20 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

There seems to be a lot of GOP failings lately lol...

- Freedom Convoy ("Yay! We won! AB 2223 didn't pass!! Whoo!! We--what's that?....We...we lost?)

- Florida ("Take away Disney's special district status! That'll show 'em to keep their mouths shut about--what's that?..we gotta pay a billion dollars in debt now?")

- McCarthy ("Lies! I never said anything like that! I ought to sue the--what's that?...there's a tape?)

cont.

- Marjorie Taylor Greene ("Nope, never said Pelosi was a traitor to the--what's that?...you have direct proof that I did say that?...Oh no, wait...hold on, now...")

- Madison Cawthorn ("Stop forcing our children to accept men who want to be women! We need men to be men, and I will not--what's that?...There are photos of me wearing women's lingerie online?"

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 2