Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

On 10/13/2021 at 9:53 PM, The Sisko said:

This kind of thing is why I fricking hate Dems sometimes, Biden especially. Like most of them, he’s so pressed to get back to business as usual mode that he’s not realizing that business as usual was ****ed up and not pushing to get much of anything of consequence done with respect to addressing many of the issues affecting POC.

I get that the country needs an infrastructure bill and he needs something for him, Kamala, or whomever to run on. However, for all Tя☭mp’s myriad faults, he pushed and pushed and even did some unethical things to do what he promised. Biden could have used Executive Orders to do a lot more than he’s done.

I’m really close to just saying **** it and I’ve never missed an election since I first registered to vote lo these few many years ago. 

So, I finally found a valid reason to quote myself.

Anywho, the day after writing this, I check my email and an article from Medium caught my eye. Turns out Umair must be living in my head because this is exactly my mindset right now. 

This is Why It’s Beginning to Feel Like Trump is Going to Win in 2024

Stopping American Collapse Was Always a Long Shot. But the Democrats are Barely Even Trying.

...You can see it happening, by the way, already. People are getting frustrated with the Dems — but not just any old people. They very ones they need most. The very groups who put them over the top last time are beginning to sigh in resignation and shrug fatalistically. They are less and less likely to turn out every single day. Which groups are those? Minorities, Black voters, young people. Even a tiny, tiny margin of difference in those groups — a slight fall in turnout — means Trump wins.

Those groups may not be able to verbalise all the grand theory the way I have. So what? Their frustration is no less real. They know it intuitively. 2% isn’t enough — and these fools, these jokers, these inept clowns…they can’t even get that done. They’re beginning to roll their eyes and walk away. That’s why Biden’s approval ratings are falling.

Up until now, I’ve avoided posting his stuff because even though I find it mostly accurate, it’s easily dismissed because he’s always about doom and gloom. That said, the man is mostly right. It just so happens that we live in a desperately sad and scary time.

‘You Want More Chucks?’ Arizona Attorney General Posts Video to Show Off Nunchucks Skills

The attorney general of Arizona posted a video Friday morning showing off his nunchucks skills.

For some background on the nunchucks (yeah you heard me there’s background on the friggin’ nunchucks), back in 2019 Arizona Governor Doug Ducey (R) signed into law a bill removing nunchucks from the state’s list of deadly weapons.

Brnovich celebrated by taking the chucks out for a spin.

Click on the link for the full article

And BTW, Bruce Lee aside, nunchuks are a poor weapon choice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

'Really embarrassing': GOP erupts into swing state civil war

Republicans have been feuding for months in Nevada’s largest county after a pro-Donald Trump insurgency with ties to far-right activists threw the party into chaos.

Now the turmoil is spreading across the battleground state, consuming the GOP in a bonfire of lawsuits, counterclaims and resignations.

The meltdown — the latest iteration of the hostilities that have wracked the party nationally in the post-Trump era — could prove especially damaging if the fissures linger into next year. Trump lost to Joe Biden in Nevada by just more than 2 percentage points, and Republicans have a chance of knocking off Democratic Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Gov. Steve Sisolak in 2022. National GOP groups are pouring money into those races — but the dysfunction within the state’s Republican Party is threatening to undermine those efforts.

In recent days, Republicans tied to a pre-existing leadership group in Las Vegas’ Clark County filed a lawsuit seeking to bar the state party from electing officers at its fall meeting on Saturday in Northern Nevada. On Thursday, a judge in Nevada denied their request, dismissing the case.

And that same day, the state party chair, Michael McDonald, pledged in an interview to counter-sue.

Meanwhile, several GOP officials in Washoe County — the state’s second-most populous county and a traditional bellwether — resigned from their posts earlier this week amid an uprising from pro-Trump activists within their ranks. In Carson City, former state Controller Ron Knecht resigned from his leadership position in his local Republican club and from the state party’s central committee, which he torched as “dysfunctional” on his way out.

“Oh my God,” said Amy Tarkanian, a former chair of the state Republican Party. “It’s really, really embarrassing, just as a whole.”

Click on the link for the full article

6 hours ago, China said:

Tucker Carlson mocks Pete Buttigieg for taking paternity leave after adopting a child

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Pete Buttigieg has been on leave from his job since August after adopting a child. Paternity leave, they call it, trying to figure out how to breastfeed, no word on how that went.

Click on the link for the video

The Party of Family Values.  

7 hours ago, China said:

Tucker Carlson mocks Pete Buttigieg for taking paternity leave after adopting a child

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): Pete Buttigieg has been on leave from his job since August after adopting a child. Paternity leave, they call it, trying to figure out how to breastfeed, no word on how that went.

Click on the link for the video

I mean that seems like a really long time for parental leave.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Tell me you didn’t get any paid parental leave without telling me you didn’t get any paid parental leave.

Well I don’t have kids.  But the military gets less than that.  And the fact that he is a cabinet secretary, I’d assume he would need to be at work.

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I don’t have kids.  But the military gets less than that.  And the fact that he is a cabinet secretary, I’d assume he would need to be at work.

Nah, that’s why we have institutions. Politicians can be people too and raise kids. 

we have to get out of this awful mindset that because many of us got by DESPITE bad culture that it was okay. It wasn’t. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Is our military tough?  Maybe.

They do probably need the same benefits as our cabinet members.  I’ll vote for that.

Probably not the thread for too deep a dive into this but I’d have an issue with people getting that much free leave but those without kids don’t.  It is always a source of frustration that the people without kids end up being the ones that have to work late because the other person has to go pick up their kid.  I don’t know what the right answer is though.  As for parental leave, I’d support something like 2 weeks free leave with the rest being charged leave and allowing them to go into the hole if needed.