Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

This liberal activist poses as a MAGA devotee and gets prominent GOPers to say "revealing things"

What MAGA Republicans say during their Fox News appearances and what they're actually thinking can be two different things. Lauren Windsor, a liberal activist and executive director of American Family Voices, has been doing a type of undercover work by acting like a MAGA Republican and getting prominent Republicans to tell her what they're really thinking — and according to New York Times reporter Trip Gabriel, she can be quite convincing.

Gabriel, in an article published on October 7, explains, "Posing as a true believer — in (President Donald) Trump or a stolen 2020 election — Ms. Windsor approaches Republican leaders at party gatherings and tries to coax them into revealing things that they might wish to keep in the GOP family."

Windsorm has been able to convince MAGA Republicans that she is one of them and has, according to Gabriel, "turned a hidden camera, a Tennessee drawl and a knack for disarming her targets with words of sympathetic conservatism into a loaded political weapon."

"Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio confided in her that Donald J. Trump would soon announce he was running again for president in 2024," Gabriel reports. "Glenn Youngkin, the Republican nominee for governor of Virginia, revealed to her that he could not publicly press his anti-abortion agenda for fear of losing independent voters…. Her encounter in December 2020 with Tommy Tuberville, then a senator-elect from Alabama, elicited the first real evidence that some Republicans in the Senate would reject the Electoral College votes certifying Mr. Biden's victory — a move based on groundless claims of fraud."

Click on the link for more

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The level of stupidity is mind boggling.  I'm surprised she can walk and talk at the same time.

Marjorie Taylor Greene says ivermectin should be used to treat COVID because it ‘won the Nobel Peace Prize’

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) criticized the Biden administration for not allowing doctors to prescribe ivermectin to treat COVID-19 because it “won the Nobel Peace Prize.”

Greene, during a recent interview, called it “irresponsible” for the administration and health agencies “to be advising people to not prescribe it.” But ivermectin hasn’t been proven to treat COVID and it also did not with the Nobel Peace Prize.

Scientists were awarded the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine in 2015 for their discovery that the drug can treat some parasitic diseases, according to PolitiFact. The coronavirus is caused by a virus.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

I checked her website...started clicking on the links in the top navigation menu:

"About"...dead link, doesn't go anywhere.

"Election Integrity"...dead link, doesn't go anywhere.

"Ballot Security"...dead link, doesn't go anywhere.

"Voter Fraud & Accountability"...dead link, doesn't go anywhere.

"DONATE"...bingo! This link works lol.

• Haha 9

On 10/12/2021 at 11:45 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

Doubling down on autocratic oppression is a happening thing here in Texas. It's depressing. Lucky for me I found a therapist who takes Medicare. I really hate it here. I don't listen to any news anymore. What I hear mainly comes from here and Yahoo News. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I think the area of Cedar Park where I live is mostly white except for my apartment complex where I'm minority white which doesn't bother me. Where I vote at the library I see mostly white people, lots of voting stations, and I'm in and out quickly. I also voted at an old folks condo and it was mostly white people. Houston is terrible. 

HEB is the best and I shop there pretty exclusively except for some things at Costco and Randall's. I still wear my mask everywhere.

• Like 1