Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

This is why I can't stand NL baseball.  Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the **** out of this game, but there's no good reason Charlie Blackmon shouldn't be playing in this game right now.  One of the more dynamic players in the league in an elimination game and he's on the bench?  That's not good.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is why I can't stand NL baseball.  Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the **** out of this game, but there's no good reason Charlie Blackmon shouldn't be playing in this game right now.  One of the more dynamic players in the league in an elimination game and he's on the bench?  That's not good.

Rizzo out too. But if Maddon doesn't pinch run Gore for Rizzo, this game might be over already.

"The ****'s chess, it ain't checkers!" - Alonzo Harris, Training Day

More obvious since it's the wild card game too. Both managers forced to make the necessary move. There is no tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Weaver

Great quote.  I'm from NC, used to ride up to Memorial and catch a couple series a year with my old man.  I remember there was one game where Earl went all the way around the bases and gave the business to the umpire on every base.  Then he put the game under protest.  Hilarious.  Pretty sure Randy Milligan hit three in one game that weekend.  Boy, do I feel old. 

Arenado looking like Brooks Robinson over there.  Damn.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Rizzo out too. But if Maddon doesn't pinch run Gore for Rizzo, this game might be over already.

"This ****'s chess, it ain't checkers!" - Alonzo Harris, Training Day

More obvious since it's the wild card game too. Both managers forced to make the necessary move. There is no tomorrow.

Yeah, Rizzo out but they needed a speed guy to score that run.  That's understandable.  I understand a double switch too but I just think it takes away from the game sometimes.  

Arenado is ****ing amazing.

I think that couple years that Manny played 3rd, that was the best I've ever seen.  I am biased.  But Arenado is right there.

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Oh come on. Arenado gave him a hug back. He wasn't going anywhere with the ball.

Play on.

Kinda where I'm at, too.  Arenado should have freaked the **** out and tried to make a throw to first though.  Hobbled slow catcher going up the line, he didn't attempt to try to get Baez off him and make a throw.

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Judge is a ****ing stud.

All you Nats and Os fan seeing what a real team looks like. 

(Runs) 

Saw Buck isn't with the O's anymore, we should fire Martinez and hire him.

Laughing at all the Yankees hate, got the game on now.

Archived