Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hill: Breitbart employees threaten to leave over Yiannopoulos

visionary

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

he was?

He supported John McCain in 2000. Maher is a Libertarian or says he is. I have never seen him as a left wing lunatic or anything along those lines. He is also a Zionist despite being an athiest but thats another conversation.

I remember people saying Maher was a left wing fanatic too. Thing you got to remember is that anyone who disagrees with the right is immediately labeled. Bush became not a real Republican. McCain became a RINO. Reagan became a left wing fanatic.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I remember people saying Maher was a left wing fanatic too. Thing you got to remember is that anyone who disagrees with the right is immediately labeled. Bush became not a real Republican. McCain became a RINO. Reagan became a left wing fanatic.

I think this is what it comes down too. The right wing agenda, which actually control our media, labeling anyone who disagrees a pinko commie. 

I have never seen Maher as a leftist. He may claim it, but his views on Islam are problematic to be kind.

I think what pisses me off most about Maher is that he is not anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is.

It really says something about where the right currently is that a major sacred issue for them is the tolerance of obnoxious, hate speech. Again, people like Milo offer absolutely nothing of value to society. There is nothing about him and his ilk that is culturally and intellectually enriching.

And even in terms of tolerance, it seems that the "free speech crusaders" aren't just satisfied with having their voices heard, but they want to be given a platform to speak even if they haven't necessarily earned it. The simple idea that you have the right to free speech but others don't have an obligation to provide you with a platform for it seems utterly lost in debate. 

Milo could use some of his own advice:

This is all a direct entry point into why traditionally intellectual-right wing ideas like free-market economics are pretty much dead in terms of support amongst the Republican base and are in a deeply ironic way, finding a home in the center-left. The right abandoned academic pursuits and critical thinking a long time ago. All its left with is petty insults, hate speech and a desire to rebrand a distaste for crass/obnoxious flamethrowers as suppression of views.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

The dichotomy of the post is laughable. 

Keep plugging your ears.  Keep being "right" (not to mention wrong about what I said, but I digress)

Also, keep whining like a little girl when you get your ass handed to you in local, state, and national elections.  Or dont.  In the meantime, enjoy the hell outta being right on internet message boards.  That goes for most of you

People keep chastising bill maher for giving him a platform for his hate speech but fail to recognize that before he went on real time he had a high level job with breitbart news and a slot as a speaker at cpac.

Now he has no job and no speaking engagement. 

Sounds to me like he gave him a noose not a platform. 

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

People keep chastising bill maher for giving him a platform for his hate speech but fail to recognize that before he went on real time he had a high level job with breitbart news and a slot as a speaker at cpac.

Maher is now also trying to take credit for Milo's downfall.

Please.

Assholes usually stink and eventually other assholes can't stand the smell of them. 

9 minutes ago, zoony said:

Keep plugging your ears.  Keep being "right" (not to mention wrong about what I said, but I digress)

Also, keep whining like a little girl when you get your ass handed to you in local, state, and national elections.  Or dont.  In the meantime, enjoy the hell outta being right on internet message boards.  That goes for most of you

Is that your version of nanny nanny boo boo?

10 minutes ago, zoony said:

Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million.

Being right may be more important than being popular. Right now, the ones who are wrong have the power. They are wrong in policy, ideology, and their basic understanding of America itself based on their early actions. I wouldn't mind being wrong about this, but I'd rather fight the good fight and lose... then cheer on idiocracy.

For the rest of you, Vive le Bowling Green Massacre.

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He didn't lose his job because anything that Bill Maher did or did not do.  And let me be clear, I don't really have an issue with Maher having him on his show.

But once he refers to somebody else, that isn't there to even defend themselves, as barely literate, then you've got to call him out on that.  That's wrong.  It isn't funny.  It isn't something that you ignore.  You have then given that person a platform to spread hateful and false statements.

You have to stand up there and then say that's wrong, and if you don't, you are part of the problem.

That's the whinny wimpy behavior here.  Having somebody on your show to talk about a topic that you agree with them on and ignore the hateful and wrong things they say while on your show is NOT an act of courage and people that do things like that are not people we should be celebrating or trying to emulate.

And again, if calling people like Milo out for their hateful and false statements means my side is going to lose elections, then I'm fine with that.

(And you know what Maher could have done that would have actually have been good is to actually have some of his staff or paid somebody to look into Milo in a more detail to find the videos that got him fired from his job BEFORE having him on his show.  That would have actually been a GOOD thing to do.)

20 minutes ago, zoony said:

If your idea of a successful person, good person, or somebody that should be parodied (parody is the greatest form of flattery) is somebody that invites somebody onto a tv a show to talk to that person about a topic that agree with that person on and in doing so ignores other false and hateful things they say while on the tv show, then I'm happy to clearly and repeatedly say you are wrong.

If that means that I will lose elections, then so be it.

If that wasn't your point (that you weren't holding Maher up as somebody that liberals should parody to be successful), then I missed your point and maybe you should try again.

9 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

He didn't lose his job because anything that Bill Maher did or did not do.  And let me be clear, I don't really have an issue with Maher having him on his show.

But once he refers to somebody else, that isn't there to even defend themselves, as barely literate, then you've got to call him out on that.  You have to stand up there and then say that's wrong, and if you don't, you are part of the problem.  That's the whinny wimpy behavior here.  Having somebody on your show to talk about a topic that you agree with them on and ignore the hateful and wrong things they say while on your show is NOT an act of courage and people that do things like that are not people we should be celebrating.

And again, if calling people like Milo out for their hateful and false statements means my side is going to lose elections, then I'm fine with that.

(And you know what Maher could have done that would have actually have been good is to actually have some of his staff or paid somebody to look into Milo in a more detail to find the videos that got him fired from his job BEFORE having him on his show.  That would have actually been a GOOD thing to do.)

He lost his job because he came more into the mainstream than before and his hate and bigotry became more well known.

Even bill maher has said that wasn't his intention but intention or not it doesn't matter, he is now gone and incredibly unpopular whereas before he had a platform. 

It just shows that it's better to have an open discussion on all subjects and then let the people decide for themselves than bury your head in the sand and only listen to the point of view that you agree with.

I can't stand the stuff that comes out of milo yiannopoulos mouth, hes a foul and vile piece of ****, but he opened his mouth to a large audience and now he's where he should be.

This is how the system should work, not censor until your surrounded by like minded people.

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

He lost his job because he came more into the mainstream than before and his hate and bigotry became more well known.

Even bill maher has said that wasn't his intention but intention or not it doesn't matter, he is now gone and incredibly unpopular whereas before he had a platform. 

It just shows that it's better to have an open discussion on all subjects and then let the people decide for themselves than bury your head in the sand and only listen to the point of view that you agree with.

I can't stand the stuff that comes out of milo yiannopoulos mouth, hes a foul and vile piece of ****, but he opened his mouth to a large audience and now he's where he should be.

This is how the system should work, not censor until your surrounded by like minded people.

YES!

Isnt it AMAZING what happens when, instead of limiting speech we allow it and then offer rebuttal to the lunacy?

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

He came into the main stream because of people rioted at Berkely over his invitation to speak there, and it made the news.  If anybody deserves credit here, it is the rioters (and I'm certainly not going to say a bunch of rioters did the right thing either).  Not Bill Maher.

(I also think it is likely that you are over estimating is long term downfall.  $10 says this guy is out there for a long time making money spreading hateful lies.)

Ultimately, the people who are so bitter and angry that they find a voice in Milo and Trump, are reaping the consequences of their poor voting decisions that span multiple election cycles. They are still making laughably horrible choices in terms of their elected representatives. 

I don't see the point of the "you keep losing elections" mantra. That reality is not lost on anyone. Neither is the one that it seems that the most economically prosperous areas of the country are the ones that have adopted liberal politics and ideologies. They seem fairly well positioned for the future by transitioning their local economies to better reflect the current labor market and the future of work and living.

If the rest of the country has decided that it would rather suffer economically to win a few social battles and piss off the uppity liberals, so be it.

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

YES!

Isnt it AMAZING what happens when, instead of limiting speech we allow it and then offer rebuttal to the lunacy?

But Maher offered no real rebuttal.  That's the problem.  Standing up and saying it isn't acceptable and it is wrong and refusing to be part of it IS offering a rebuttal.

If when Milo said that he called Jones barely literate, Maher had actually offered some sort of meaningful rebuttal, this conversation would be different, but that didn't happen.

That's a hateful comment.  It has no purpose other than be hateful.  It is not funny.  And Maher let him repeat it and keep on going.  And Maher should be called out for it and not be held up as somebody that we should try to emulate.

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Milo lost his job and career because a right-wing group called the Reagan Battalion did oppo-research on him to force CPAC to drop him. They are the ones who unearthed his pedo-approving tapes.

It really had nothing to do with him appearing on Bill Maher's show.

If anything, once he was on the verge of being mainstreamed at CPAC, the few Republicans who are left that still care about basic decency, stepped in and prevented him from having a huge platform.

Archived