Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So I guess they haven’t started impeachment hearings quite yet.  Voting Pelosi as the speaker was a huge mistake.

I tend to agree with you. 

But someone (and I swear it was someone on a podcast but it could have been someone here) laid out an argument for why Pelosi is the smart one here and while I’m having trouble agreeing with it, I can’t help but think that maybe I’m the one not getting it. 

The argument was basically:

impeachment now benefits trump. There’s not enough evidence and trump knows it, to the point that he probably would rather force it right now. Because when it inevitably fails from lack of evidence AND support, it will blow up in the dems face.  That it would be a disaster for them going into the election cycle. 

The smart move is to wait until more evidence/support is there, or to move on and focus on beating him in 2020. 

I accept that maybe political experts may see things that way and be right. It’s hard to accept as the right way forward though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

I tend to agree with you. 

But someone (and I swear it was someone on a podcast but it could have been someone here) laid out an argument for why Pelosi is the smart one here and while I’m having trouble agreeing with it, I can’t help but think that maybe I’m the one not getting it. 

The argument was basically:

impeachment now benefits trump. There’s not enough evidence and trump knows it, to the point that he probably would rather force it right now. Because when it inevitably fails from lack of evidence AND support, it will blow up in the dems face.  That it would be a disaster for them going into the election cycle. 

The smart move is to wait until more evidence/support is there, or to move on and focus on beating him in 2020. 

I accept that maybe political experts may see things that way and be right. It’s hard to accept as the right way forward though. 

Most of the political pundits that I listen to (they are really few and far between) are concerned that a failed impeachment will doom the Dems in 2020 because Trump will use that.

It would seem riskier to try and impeach during the election cycle to me, but perhaps I don’t get it as well.

I feel like people fail to see what kind of leverage a FAILED impeachment would give.  I feel like people forget that the 2018 election cycle was all about Trump and he lost and lost BADLY.

If they impeach now, lay it all out there.  Say, “Hey, we are going to impeach for all of these reasons.  It’s up to republicans in the senate to do their patriotic duty and ratify.”  When the republicans in Congress inevitably don’t impeach Trump, that’s when you follow up with, “Hey America, we couldn’t do it on our own, make your vote count.”

If Trump wins 2020 after all that, then we were ****ed from the start.

3 minutes ago, twa said:

Now it is Barr's fault they can't act?  :ols:

Does it make you happy to act as a Russian agent on a Redskins message board?

Like, their stuff has worked really, really well on you.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tshile said:

@Springfield

yeah and the other thing is the have grounds on competence and danger to the nation but they’re not interested in that either. 

Flip the parties around and the gop would have had 20 impeachment hearings by now (assuming none were successful)

Flip the parties around and my brain would explode trying to figure it out.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Does it make you happy to act as a Russian agent on a Redskins message board?

Like, their stuff has worked really, really well on you.

Are you losing every bit of reasoning ability?

11 minutes ago, twa said:

Barr was clearly there to shut down Muller. Then, once he was there to shut it down, his job was to smooth over the report which was quite clearly damning of Trump. Without Barr’s “interpretation” we wouldn’t have this “No collusion no obstruction” bs.  It’s obvious, man.  I’m sure that Barr made a promise of allegiance to Trump, just as Trump likes.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Barr was clearly there to shut down Muller. Then, once he was there to shut it down, his job was to smooth over the report which was quite clearly damning of Trump. Without Barr’s “interpretation” we wouldn’t have this “No collusion no obstruction” bs.  It’s obvious, man.  I’m sure that Barr made a promise of allegiance to Trump, just as Trump likes.

Do you have any evidence Barr shut down Mueller?

If you think the no obstruction or collusion opinion is wrong then opening impeachment hearings would be the thing to do.

Barr ain't got a damn thing to do with the choice

1 minute ago, twa said:

Do you have any evidence Barr shut down Mueller?

If you think the no obstruction or collusion opinion is wrong then opening impeachment hearings would be the thing to do.

Barr ain't got a damn thing to do with the choice

I have no evidence that Barr shut down anything, just that the timing of his arrival and the closure of the investigation seems strangely suspicious.

I am confident that Barr was put there as a person to claim no collusion or obstruction given his history.

I have been angling for impeachment for a couple weeks now.  Barr should probably go as well for actions adversarial to our union.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I have no evidence that Barr shut down anything, just that the timing of his arrival and the closure of the investigation seems strangely suspicious.

I am confident that Barr was put there as a person to claim no collusion or obstruction given his history.

I have been angling for impeachment for a couple weeks now.  Barr should probably go as well for actions adversarial to our union.

The man literally auditioned for the AG job by writing a Trump a letter claiming that if he were the attorney general, Donnie would be immune to all investigations. When you say stuff like that to a criminal in power, you tend to get the job before the ink is dry. Then, in order to ensure complete and total loyalty, Donnie hired Barr's son. A month later a heavily-redacted Special Counsel report was all wrapped up, pre-sanitized by a Barr presser, and delivered to only two locations: The AG's office and the White House. 

Puh-LEEZ. 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

The old guard of the Democratic party is a collection of spineless fools.

Yup.  And I'll be damned if I pull the lever for ANY Dem if that party can't show they have the willingness to hold accountable a corrupt president in the face of all this.

If impeachment somehow helps trump and he wins reelection, **** it the country deserves it if that happens.  But do what is right!

If I wanted a party that puts winning over what is right, I'd have stayed a ****ing Republican. 

God, I can't believe the ****ing *******.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Flip the parties around and the gop would have had 20 impeachment hearings by now (assuming none were successful)

Disagree.  

What they'd have is exactly what they've done to the last two Dem administrations.  "Investigations".  

Demand everything in the world.  

If you get it, demand more.  

If you ever don't get anything, yell "coverup!" real loud.  

Hand everything you get to a data mining team, who's job is to go through everything looking for anything that might make a good political soundbite.  

Periodically make grandiose claims about all the horrible deeds you're uncovering.  (Don't bother actually trying to back any of them up.)  

Only time they've ever actually had an impeachment, it was a show vote by a lame duck congress that had been voted out of office for abusing their investigatory powers, in an attempt to pretend that the show vote somehow retroactively justified their abuse of their powers.  

1 hour ago, twa said:

Trying to hire more help?  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1