Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Final Destination 6: The Grand Ole Party

Grim Reaper to be played by Mueller.  Christie survives and thinks he's next until he checks his junk email and finds he was fired way back when, and that he would have never been in the disaster that kicked off the film in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

And yet, I can apolitically arrive at the theory, at least, that the Russians didn't want Trump to win.  

You simply start from the assumption that they didn't think he stood a chance.  

Was their goal for Trump to win?  Or was their expected outcome a neutered Hillary?  (Most likely, with a GOP congress who will start "investigating" her two weeks before she takes office?)  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Larry said:

And yet, I can apolitically arrive at the theory, at least, that the Russians didn't want Trump to win.  

Was their goal for Trump to win?  Or was their expected outcome a neutered Hillary?  (Most likely, with a GOP congress who will start "investigating" her two weeks before she takes office?)  

This has all been investigated and gone through by various branches of the IC ages ago.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not thinking Trump had a chance and not wanting Trump to win are not even close to the same thing.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

This has all been investigated and gone through by various branches of the IC ages ago.

Granted, I'm certainly not the most informed person on this subject.  But I sure don;t remember reading any authoritative source announcing that Russia believed, prior to the election, that Trump stood a chance of winning the Presidency.  

(At least, not immediately prior to the election.  Maybe they thought he stood a chance, five years before the election.)  

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So what side does Trump choose, UK or Putin?

Putin by default. Trump's on his own side, and only his own side. He will deceive, back stab, and defraud anyone in a New York minute if it benefits him. Besides all the other unscrupulous and illegal crap he has gotten away with as a lifestyle, he made the decision long ago to tie himself up in Russian mafia financing, and he has to protect proof of that until his last breath.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Larry said:

Granted, I'm certainly not the most informed person on this subject.  But I sure don;t remember reading any authoritative source announcing that Russia believed, prior to the election, that Trump stood a chance of winning the Presidency.  

(At least, not immediately prior to the election.  Maybe they thought he stood a chance, five years before the election.)  

that seems entirely irrelevant to me, whether Russia thought Trump would win or not.  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Predicto said:

that seems entirely irrelevant to me, whether Russia thought Trump would win or not.  

I think it kinda goes to the "Russia wanted Trump to win" claim.  

Unless you want to make "wanted" refer to "well, sometimes over the table, somebody would say 'Wouldn't it be freaky if the moron won?', and they all had a chuckle, and then went back to the actual operation they were running."  

• Like 1

Here's the names of the abettors on the HPSCI that the American people were assured would do a fine job of investigating Russian interference, and possible collusion. Instead, they just ran interference and tried to misdirect and muck things up as much as possible. They've completely discredited it's role as a non-partisan oversight committee. Paul Ryan is also completely complicit, and responsible for the dereliction of duty. He did a whole lot to help this along, by doing nothing at all.

Devin Nunes, CA, Mike Conaway, TX, Peter King, NY, Frank LoBiondo, NJ, Rick Crawford, AR, Trey Gowdy, SC, Tom Rooney, FL, Will Hurd, TX, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, FL, Mike Turner, OH, Brad Wenstrup, OH, Chris Stewart, UT, Elise Stefanik, NY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_Permanent_Select_Committee_on_Intelligence

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 1