Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Him winning the GOP nomination should have been the wake up call. Not sure there is any turning back now.

Him winning the election with aid and direct coordination with a foreign enemy is bad. 

Pardoning people for crimes committed and thwarting the investigation would basically dissolve rule of law and finish our democracy. 

It's scary that we legitimately cannot rule this scenario out. It's going to play out violently. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Pardoning people for crimes committed and thwarting the investigation would basically dissolve rule of law and finish our democracy. 

No, it wouldn't.  All that happens, if he does that, is that he's publicly confessed to obstruction of justice.  

(Again).  

If he does that, and Congress doesn't impeach him, then well, that would be a serious blow.  

40 minutes ago, Larry said:

No, it wouldn't.  All that happens, if he does that, is that he's publicly confessed to obstruction of justice.  

(Again).  

If he does that, and Congress doesn't impeach him, then well, that would be a serious blow.  

I have zero faith that congressional GOP will do anything to reign him in. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I have zero faith that congressional GOP will do anything to reign him in. 

Well, then, the next check or balance in the system is the voters.  

(We're screwed.)  

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Well, then, the next check or balance in the system is the voters.  

(We're screwed.)  

It would come back full circle since our elections would be meaningless as we would have evidence that you can tamper, cheat, win and pardon yourself anyways. 

This is a full on stress test of the integrity of our institutions and values.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

We're in trouble then.  The GOP is a cancer and Democrats are systematically disenfranchised and marginalized.

Republicans are going to do their best to kill this country over the next generation.

• Like 3

Sometimes hearing the audio of an interview gives a different take from reading the transcript. Between 1:30 and 1:55 in this Daily Show bit, Trump explaining his previously undisclosed meeting with Putin at the G20 spouse's dinner. I get the feeling it popped into his head that referencing the adoption thing would be clever.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/f6pi4y/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-president-trump-casually-makes-another-damning-admission?xrs=synd_FBPAGE_20170721_992406828_The Daily Show_Site Link&linkId=40014311

13 hours ago, No Excuses said:

It would come back full circle since our elections would be meaningless as we would have evidence that you can tamper, cheat, win and pardon yourself anyways. 

Yeah I was thinking about this last night. Thinking about other democracies that have collapsed over the years. I think the big thing we have that others didn't is our history and traditions. The one I've seen mentioned here and there in the past, including by myself, is the Weimar Republic. It lasted a total of 15 years and was a hated cluster**** from the start. I'd like to think that no matter what happens with Trump, no matter the damage he does, when he's finally gone, one way or another, that our traditions and history are going to kick in and give us the opportunity to make sure something like him never happens again. Maybe that's just being optimistic though. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

neither did dip**** bumpkins

Those soccer moms and dads in the suburbs did.

Dip**** bumpkins apparently can look like something other than clichés.

~Bang

• Like 1