Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated at art show

No Excuses

Potential geopolitical **** storm brewing:

Warning about clicking on the picture links: it shows the scene of the crime with dead bodies and the assassin standing over them.

It remains to be seen how Turkey deals with this, but here you have Turkey, a NATO country, again finding itself in a tense situation with Russia.

Saw the video of the shooting. Horrifying. 

And yes, you have a potential geopolitical conflict between Turkey and Russia. Turkey is a NATO country that is currently housing NATO troops, including US troops, at several of their bases for the air campaign against ISIS. The US has an incoming president who is overly friendly toward Russia, and has made comments that make you question the US commitment to NATO. So how do we think this is going to play out? 

typical turkey.

33 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Turkish and Russia are both in the middle of expansionism, so it's obvious that they'll be in conflict anytime soon. And Syria is really linked to this.

Will this go the same way as Franz Ferdinand in 1914? I believe both of them would love to somehow...

when have they not tried to expand? turkey that is? you mean claiming all the greek islands from crete to kos! and claiming the treaty of Lausanne is null and void.

Turkey and Russia have been close of late  and have been talking/negotiating a lot.  I don't expect Russia to do too much.  On the other hand this could start being a trend depending on how things go, as there is a lot of anger out there towards Russia.  That might force Russia to retaliate somehow for appearances and to try to stop it from repeating.

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What does that have to do with Turkey?

I'm assuming it was just a post about another terrorist attack.  I mentioned it earlier.  I'm pretty sure there is a rule about multiple terrorist attacks in one day have to be merged into one thread.  Kinda like mass shooting on a weekly basis.  I'm not a mod though.

Archived