Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

I would be on the Hankins trail - I think the Giants have hitched their wagon for a one or two year window - JPP is going to look for big money this season (who on earth signs a guy to a $10.1 million prove it deal ? - they have some wiggle room but I think there will be pressure to curb the spending on the D line and they always always let some good guys walk - (Joeseph, Griffin, Coefield)... 

Just out of interest - i was watching a segment with Skip after the Redskins Cowboys game - and Skip has always been down on KC - but he was haw hawing it up saying he hopes the Redskins get stuck with a cap busting contract and then i see the C-Boys are over 10 million + over the cap - IF Romo forces them to cut him (over retirement) then there has to be some repercussions and there is NO way they keep their line rocking with that cap situation. ... 

but i digress - 

I think in terms of free agency we will resign some of our guys (i quite like the chances of hood coming back) and we keep hitting the bargin basement until we start hitting on guys - GMSM is in the green bay mentality - draft well  so you can let people walk and make the best of the compenstory picks -

I think Doctson is going to be the replacement for Jackson - he is not as fast but has huge down field potential - I think we will make a good attempt to resign Garcon but if not we still have Ryan Grant (i kid i really do) but i don't think we go all in for a replacement -

This team is going to have a lot of home grown players and the odd FA that pans out are going to be the exception ... which is kind of weird to say ,,,  

9 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Two former Patriots that I'd go after:

- Jamie Collins 

- Chandler Jones 

Both UFAs, both dynamic and both can be used in multiple alignments and roles. For us, Collins mostly inside stacked and Jones obviously for passrush. Collins could conceivably be used inside like with NE or outside like with CLE. I thought Collins was a key dynamic to the Pats pass defense. Collins could be so dynamic for us with the right coaching and hyping. Three down player. 

Collins, yes.

Jones, yes

8 hours ago, DC9 said:

Bostic was a beast coming out of Florida and I have no idea how he hasn't taken in Chicago. 

He was drafted to take over for Urlacher but never fit in the Tampa 2.  Kinda lost track of him after that.

To be honest, these are the dudes that Scot will be looking at.  Unless a blue chipper makes it out.

If we are looking at under the radar guys who could potentially restore their career, i'd let Whitner go and we already got rid of Bruton for either SS Johnathan Cyprien/ TJ McDonald. I was a huge fan of them coming out of college. They were the hardest hitting players in their draft. I'd use them in the box while we are still looking for a true FS.

I wonder if the Raiders actually keep Aldon Smith if he is reinstated? I remember when he was released, we were one of the teams going after him when we already had Kerrigan, Smith, Murphy, and Galette.

Another guy I look at is OLB Jabaal Sheard. I wanted him last year when he wasn't resigned by Cleveland as my under the radar pick. He ended up finishing second in sacks and forced fumbles with the Pats and was leading the team in sacks at the beginning of this year. Not to mention he's actually good in coverage and the run. He was tracking wide receivers last Sunday against the Rams and had 3 passes defended on part-time duty.

35 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

If we are looking at under the radar guys who could potentially restore their career, i'd let Whitner go and we already got rid of Bruton for either SS Johnathan Cyprien/ TJ McDonald. I was a huge fan of them coming out of college. They were the hardest hitting players in their draft. I'd use them in the box while we are still looking for a true FS.

I think both of their teams are happy with them unfortunately.  I'd be happy with either of them.

23 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I wonder if the Raiders actually keep Aldon Smith if he is reinstated? I remember when he was released, we were one of the teams going after him when we already had Kerrigan, Smith, Murphy, and Galette.

Another guy I look at is OLB Jabaal Sheard. I wanted him last year when he wasn't resigned by Cleveland as my under the radar pick. He ended up finishing second in sacks and forced fumbles with the Pats and was leading the team in sacks at the beginning of this year. Not to mention he's actually good in coverage and the run. He was tracking wide receivers last Sunday against the Rams and had 3 passes defended on part-time duty.

Not really a fan of bringing in Aldon Smith.

That dude is a full blooded knucklehead and we have just enough halfblooded knuckleheads on the team that he could bring out the worst in them.

33 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I think both of their teams are happy with them unfortunately.  I'd be happy with either of them.

Not really a fan of bringing in Aldon Smith.

That dude is a full blooded knucklehead and we have just enough halfblooded knuckleheads on the team that he could bring out the worst in them.

I could see Cyprien getting away from Jax... they were looking at part-time duties before he got injured.

As far as Aldon Smith goes, I agree, however Scotty Mc was trying to bring him in AFTER all that stuff happened so it seems like Scot wants the player regardless of his off-field issues.

Yeah, I agree with Smith probably being more trouble than its worth. But GMSM has shown that he's not afraid of going after guys with off field issues, Gallette for example. I was actually surprised but glad we didn't pursue Hardy too much. I think GMSM's mindset is pretty much that he's perfectly fine with the multiple chance opportunities for guys with checkered pasts if he can do it on the cheap.

3 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I could see Cyprien getting away from Jax... they were looking at part-time duties before he got injured.

As far as Aldon Smith goes, I agree, however Scotty Mc was trying to bring him in AFTER all that stuff happened so it seems like Scot wants the player regardless of his off-field issues.

I know he looked at he and Gallette both and brought in Gallette.

However, after we brought Gallette in Smith has had at least one issue hasn't he?

20 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I know he looked at he and Gallette both and brought in Gallette.

However, after we brought Gallette in Smith has had at least one issue hasn't he?

no, he had already signed Galette and Galette was healthy when he was bidding for Smith. It was prior to last season, few months after Galette was already signed.

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

no, he had already signed Galette and Galette was healthy when he was bidding for Smith. It was prior to last season, few months after Galette was already signed.

Oh, I don't remember that.

It would've just been a flier, which I'm sure Smith wasn't into.

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

We will agree to leave Smith out of it for now anyway. I don't see the Raiders letting him walk if he comes back with force. (What I wouldn't give for Khalil Mack...)

The Raiders have a lot of guys who are on show me deals as well.  Someone is getting out.  I doubt it's Mack.

4 minutes ago, DC9 said:

The Raiders have a lot of guys who are on show me deals as well.  Someone is getting out.  I doubt it's Mack.

hell no... Mack will get Von Miller money

can't believe Latavius Murray and Le'veon Bell are UFA's next season... but i'm sure they will not even make it to the market.

16 hours ago, DC9 said:

I don't hate that idea, but you're going to need to get a run stopping end and more than one DT in here if that's what you want to do. 

I think RJF and Lanier MIGHT could play the run end.  You're still going to need some disuption on there cause I'm watching this Arizona game and there are plays where we are in a 4 man front and we get blown the **** off the ball.

in those plays though we probably were in nickel, meaning fewer and smaller LBs backing up those linemen

37 minutes ago, carex said:

in those plays though we probably were in nickel, meaning fewer and smaller LBs backing up those linemen

It was 3rd and 1 and they blew us off the line.  We're going to need help.

EDIT:  They were in a goalline package.  We weren't in the nickel.

37 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Le'veon hitting the open market is unlikely, but there were rumors in the preseason that Steelers ownership was tired of him. Due to his suspension history, I'm not sure if his price tag is going to be ridiculous. I'd at least make an offer 

RBs aren't worth big money. I'm perfectly fine with Kelley and Thompson, maybe drafting someone in the mid rounds to develop.

57 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Le'veon hitting the open market is unlikely, but there were rumors in the preseason that Steelers ownership was tired of him. Due to his suspension history, I'm not sure if his price tag is going to be ridiculous. I'd at least make an offer 

This draft is full of talented RBs.

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This draft is full of talented RBs.

Just saying, if he's looking for 12/yr I'd offer him 2, maybe 3 yr deal for 8 per. I'm sure he'll get more elsewhere, but if he's looking to be the guy in another good offense outside of Pitt, that spot is here. Him and David Johnson are the best 3-down backs in the league, getting a talent like him in this draft will require a top-16 pick

Archived