Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

And the impression I have is that Israel was the biggest opponent of the Iran nuclear deal. 

Something that i REALLY wish I knew more about. 

I mean, as I understand it, the deal is (was):

1). Iran verifiably closes down most of their enrichment program. 

2). The part that's left (and the part they've closed down) become subject to international inspection. 

3). Iran is allowed to enrich (some) uranium, but is only allowed to enrich to the point where it's a year away from being weapons grade. 

4). The US (and allies) lift economic sanctions, and agree to keep them off. (If they reimpose them, then Iran gets to fire up their enrichment, on the material that's a year away from weapons grade). 

Now, if my understanding is correct, then my opinion is that it's one of the best deals in history. Nobel prize worthy. I mean, the entire notion that you could get a terrorist regime to give up an imminent nuclear weapons program, one that's near succeeding, and all you had to do was impose economic sanctions, and then offer to lift them?  If you'd told me that ten years ago I'd have thought you were loonier than trickle down economics. 

BUT, I'm not sure my "knowledge" is accurate. For example, I'd feel a whole lot more confident of my opinion if I were reading regular reports stating that yes, international inspectors are conducting regular inspections, and yes, Iran has dismantled most of their program, and yes, the remaining ones are in compliance. 

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Wait...a warmongering Cheney? Who knew??

I guess love for ill-conceived wars is genetic. 

41 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He's been trying to push that for almost 30 years. In the early 90's he would say Iran was days/weeks/months away from x, y, and Z. And if "we" didn't do anything about it, it would be all over for us.

Remember this idiocy? This was the equivalent of Inhofe bringing a snowball to the senate to convince people that global warming was a hoax. 

Israeli-PM-Binyamin-Netan-015.jpg?width=

My uncle went to college with a man who ended up working in the Israeli Gov in a very visible role in the 80's and 90's. The adults over there think that Bibi is a bad person. But he has the support of the hard right Hasidics would even consider me Jewish, and those with Russian immigrant backgrounds. I don't understand why they are so hard right. But they are over there. Enough to basically carry him.That's why he does stuff like this. It's the only way he keeps power. 

3 hours ago, Larry said:

And the impression I have is that Israel was the biggest opponent of the Iran nuclear deal. 

Something that i REALLY wish I knew more about. 

I mean, as I understand it, the deal is (was):

You're overlooking the largest factor for why Trump pulled out of that agreement:

It was negotiated under the Obama administration.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

How long before Trump re-instates the Iran deal and declares himself the greatest deal-maker of all time?  Of course I am sure the Bolton-Cheney tag team prefer the bombs start dropping tonight. 

If Trump ever made a deal with Iran, it would probably be the same deal with minor changes and a stupid new name.

Also, deal would allow for Trump Terhan to be built. 

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Trump ever made a deal with Iran, it would probably be the same deal with minor changes and a stupid new name.

Also, deal would allow for Trump Terhan to be built. 

The "Not-Obama Iran Nuclear Deal"  greatest deal in the history of the world. 

Archived