Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

If things are going well in 2020, Trump will be hard to beat.  There will be enough people who will say, I'm doing great. Trump is an asshole but I'm just doing fine under Trump. So, I will put up with him being an asshole vs. giving the Democrat a shot.  Trump can win the Electoral College by the smallest of margins and lose the popular vote by an even larger margin.

You go into 2020 like your 10 points down, even if the polls says you're 10 points up. You fight for every blue and every swing state. The states that Trump flipped, you fight for those.  You don't take anything granted.  You assume it's will be an uphill battle.  If you treat the 2020 election like you have it in the bag, then you will probably lose it; like HRC did.

If things are going bad in 2020; then Trump is done.

Also, don't underestimate the ability of the Dems to blow it.  They Dems could nominate someone that just can't win; even against someone as despicable as Trump.  Also, if the Dems have a bruising primary fight; maybe they don't unite.  No, the losers won't for Trump again; as some Sanders voters did in 2016.  The just won't vote or if they do, they vote 3rd party.   The Dems are divided between the more left Bernie-Warren wing and the establishment wing.  There's no guarantee of unity after a nasty fight; even when the opponent is Trump.

We'll know in the summer of 2020; just what the conditions of the 2020 race will be.  I wouldn't expect an easy road to get to that point.  Heck, that's even assuming we have a 2020 election.  Trump could declare martial law and establish a dictatorship. His supporters and his GOP sycophants would probably go along with that. You think that's crazy.  Not under President Trump.  He could even have Putin help him out with that.

3 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Good grief, she's 84! If not term limits, maybe we should have age limits. 70 and done.

We need to do that not only for congress but for President.

Tillerson sounds almost like a good man.  If he had worked a little harder (or at all) to keep State from falling apart, I might even legitimately like the guy.  He's saying all the right things about duty.  Too bad actions were a bit different.

5 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Tillerson sounds almost like a good man.  If he had worked a little harder (or at all) to keep State from falling apart, I might even legitimately like the guy.  He's saying all the right things about duty.  Too bad actions were a bit different.

Having a hard time squaring that myself. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If things are going well in 2020, Trump will be hard to beat.  There will be enough people who will say, I'm doing great. Trump is an asshole but I'm just doing fine under Trump. So, I will put up with him being an asshole vs. giving the Democrat a shot.  Trump can win the Electoral College by the smallest of margins and lose the popular vote by an even larger margin.

You go into 2020 like your 10 points down, even if the polls says you're 10 points up. You fight for every blue and every swing state. The states that Trump flipped, you fight for those.  You don't take anything granted.  You assume it's will be an uphill battle.  If you treat the 2020 election like you have it in the bag, then you will probably lose it; like HRC did.

If things are going bad in 2020; then Trump is done.

Also, don't underestimate the ability of the Dems to blow it.  They Dems could nominate someone that just can't win; even against someone as despicable as Trump.  Also, if the Dems have a bruising primary fight; maybe they don't unite.  No, the losers won't for Trump again; as some Sanders voters did in 2016.  The just won't vote or if they do, they vote 3rd party.   The Dems are divided between the more left Bernie-Warren wing and the establishment wing.  There's no guarantee of unity after a nasty fight; even when the opponent is Trump.

We'll know in the summer of 2020; just what the conditions of the 2020 race will be.  I wouldn't expect an easy road to get to that point.  Heck, that's even assuming we have a 2020 election.  Trump could declare martial law and establish a dictatorship. His supporters and his GOP sycophants would probably go along with that. You think that's crazy.  Not under President Trump.  He could even have Putin help him out with that.

There's not going to be a dictatorship or martial law.  Unfortunately, the rest of this post is sadly accurate.

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The economy was in the ****ter in in 2008, recovered in 2012 and in excellent shape in 2016.

Who'd you vote for?

Is that who would I vote for? Or who did I vote for?  For 2020 - I only know who I won't vote for (Same as last time - I won't vote for Trump and I won't vote for a Dem and primarily due to the same reason).

Archived