Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: D. Hall Torn ACL

SWFLSkins

Losing DHall and Kedric Golston definitely hurts us leadership wise. I hope they stay around the building as much as possible, go to meetings, talk to guys everyday, etc... 

Tough, tough deal for him to have to deal with another long term recovery, but he's a fighter. We're rooting for you DHall and appreciate what you've done here! Your passion alone brought more than anyone can quantify to the team!  

Hate to see him go out like this.

I might be speaking emotionally here, but he's only 31... he could return on the cheap right? Eh, he wasn't impressing at safety and he's been through so many injuries. It's probably time.

Really hope he stays in the organization. We could use his leadership and character. A true Redskin.

When Hall first arrived too play for the Skins, I just shook me head in disbelieve and wondered why? I have watched this player become a leader of men,  and a real asset to the Skins on and off  the field. I'm afraid his body is beginning to fail him and or has been failing for awhile. If Hall has to retire, it will be a sad day for the Redskins, Hail :247:

12 years, 166 games, 625 tackles, 43 INTs, 138 passes defended, 11 forced fumbles, 15 fumble recoveries, 10 defensive TDs.

You have to respect a vet with that resume. 

Retirement speculation is inevitable when someone gets a serious injury at his age, but I wish him luck if he decides to come back. Either way, I think it's safe to say he will be missed this year. He was playing an important leadership role back there in the secondary. 

I'll always remember the strip fumble before halftime against the Cowboys. One of the handful of calls that I blurted out uncontrollably in a room full of friends that came true. One of those players that had a few bright moments during dismal seasons. We've had far too many of those in recent memory. I hope they give him a chance and maybe he gets a camp sendoff at best. Ultimately I'm glad for him that he made It back from the Achilles and got to win the division last year.

17 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I'm guessing it takes a day to revert to I.R. and then we can put in a waiver or sign a street FA for the roster spot? Or we could also pull from the PS to the 53 and sign someone to our PS.

they probably didn't want to IR him till all the medical exams were in and confirmed and from there they were probably contacting people to come in and try out

On 9/26/2016 at 1:22 PM, Koolblue13 said:

I'm a huge fan of Hall. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see him try and come back next year. Hell of a 13 year career and he's already in the HoF.

Hall has had a long career and one that made him tons of money.  Also had his fair share of big plays and turned into a real leader on this team the last few seasons --- but there is ZERO chance that he makes the HOF unless you are referring to the Va Tech HOF.  Absolutely zero chance he even comes close to getting enough votes to become a semifinalist.

He is a long shot to even make the Skins Ring of Fame when you look at the lack of team accomplishments during his time here, never being an All Pro and only making 1 Pro Bowl as a Redskin.  

Just now, jadams5214 said:

Hall has had a long career and one that made him tons of money.  Also had his fair share of big plays and turned into a real leader on this team the last few seasons --- but there is ZERO chance that he makes the HOF unless you are referring to the Va Tech HOF.  Absolutely zero chance he even comes close to getting enough votes to become a semifinalist.

He is a long shot to even make the Skins Ring of Fame when you look at the lack of team accomplishments during his time here, never being an All Pro and only making 1 Pro Bowl as a Redskin.  

Shoulda kept reading for when I explained why he's already in there.

Replacing a Lion is Redskins’ Next Challenge. My 106.7 The Fan column.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/09/27/replacing-lion-redskins-challenge/

WASHINGTON — Will losing captain DeAngelo Hall haunt the Washington Redskins?

Hall is lost for the second time in three years after suffering a torn ACL in Sunday’s victory over the New York Giants. It’s more than a beleaguered defense missing its safety, though.

Hall is the heart and soul of this team. An unlikely midseason free agent pickup who stayed nine seasons. He was the last player from the Jim Zorn era who remained through Mike Shanahan’s regime and into Jay Gruden’s third season.

A team elder, Hall called a players meeting on Saturday to demand the team not leave New York 0-3. The Redskins have several vocal leaders, but Hall’s rose above the noise. He was a mentor of a young secondary that will now follow Josh Norman’s pregame speech that calls teammates “lions.”

Hall was a lion.

You know, I used to hate the old Astroturf.  I'm really beginning to hate Field Turf also.  When it first came out, I thought it was better then Astroturf because it gave some.  I think it gives too much.  I see players slipping and sliding like they are on a skating rink.  I think it's just as bad as Astroturf or maybe even worse.  We had more injuries in NY then in our 2 home games combined.  Knees and ankles, knees and ankles.  That crap is not good on a player's joints.

I've noticed that a few college teams and even the Ravens switched back to grass.  That's the only playing surface that I like.  And what's up with Chicago.  Watching Northwestern at home and the Bears at home, their grass seems so much thicker.  I don't know what type of grass they have installed there, but a sandy beach would be a faster track at this point.

And to think, some fans wanted us to replace our grass field with that plastic junk just because Griffin got hurt (and the Seattle punter/kicker). But we all know that it was just Griffin getting Griffin hurt. Just say NO to the plastic death.

Archived