Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

s0crates

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

When he got hurt my only silver lining was I've seen Trent look to be really hurt before but it always seems to be a sprain.  Thought our luck had run out this time, especially when I heard the report that he looked really bad after the game.  I was much more upset at this injury at garbage time than I was over the loss.

Not to nit pick but those last three plays weren't as "garbage" as some think. Think the Atlanta game last year. 

If Garcon catches that pass over the middle (couldn't tell if it was a drop of if KC squibbed it) we call timeout with 9-10 seconds around our own 45 yard line. With one TO still remaining. At that point you need about 15 yards to give Hopkins at least a shot. 20 yards and you are well within his range. You can easily get 15-20 yards in 9 seconds and call your last TO. 

Here's Grudens injury update from today:

October 24, 2016

Head Coach Jay Gruden

“I’ve got… five injures to report. Trent Williams, knee. He got the MRI. It’s already out there. He’s structurally OK. That’s good news, but we have to still monitor him during the week and see how he does. He’s a little sore. [Josh] Norman, he’s in the concussion protocol. That’s all we can say right now. [Brandon] Scherff had an AC sprain, he’s sore. He’s a tough sucker though, but he is sore. We’ll have to monitor him throughout the week. [Bashaud] Breeland, ankle, it’s his left ankle, his other one. He’s got a sprained ankle and same thing; he’s going to be sore. And Jordan Reed, he’s cleared to practice on Wednesday and we’ll go from there.”

1 hour ago, s0crates said:

Here's Grudens injury update from today:

October 24, 2016

Not to nitpick, but this was yesterday's.  Hopefully better news today. :)

And thank you for keeping this thread updated.  I do look forward to it each time I obsessively reload to see if I have to put myself on suicide watch for Reed, Norman, Williams, or Kotwica's bladder.

10 hours ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard Jay talk about in his interview that ALL players were making the trip to London.....could be a good sign???

Well, it's a trip to London. I'm sure they'll all want to go, even if they are not playing. :) 

Gruden said they would need to know today about whether they can be cleared before they leave. I presume he is talking about the players in concussion protocol (Norman and Reed).

I would think the doctors and medical staff can simply travel with the team. Or be on hand in London.

I wonder if there is an issue with people suffering a concussion flying in a pressurized aircraft at high altitudes.

Jordan Reed (concussion) expects to play Sunday's game in London.

Reed is in the final stage of the concussion protocol. He'll visit with an independent doctor Thursday, but it sounds like there's a good chance he gets cleared. Reed will immediately regain TE1 status if he returns for Week 8 against the Bengals.
Oct 26 - 6:11 PM

Matt Jones won't play in London.

Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden announced Friday the running back would sit versus the Cincinnati Bengals.

Jones missed practice all week with a knee injury. In addition to Jones, cornerback Josh Norman and tight end Jordan Reed are both questionable and remain in concussion protocol. Both players participated in Friday's practice and the Redskins will continue to monitor them to gauge their potential availability for Sunday's game, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. Garafolo added that Reed's availability looks pretty good.

Rookie Rob Kelley is expected to fill in for Jones. The back has displayed power between the tackles and ability to run through defenders at the second level. In six games of limited work, Kelley has run for 103 yards on 17 carries (6.1 per carry), including a 45-yard jaunt versus the Philadelphia Eagles.

Chris Thompson will continue to play the pass-catching role out of the backfield while potentially earning a few more rush attempts.

The Redskins elevated Mack Brown from the practice squad Friday to fill out the running back group heading into Sunday's tilt versus the Bengals.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000729142/article/matt-jones-ruled-out-norman-reed-questionable

6 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

S©H ⭕️EN Retweeted Grant Paulsen

There is a God

S©H ⭕️EN added,

Grant Paulsen @granthpaulsen
Sounds like #Redskins may have Jordan Reed, Trent Williams and Josh Norman on field Sunday. That'd be massive. Anybody else stunned by this?

If that is true, then God was on holiday last week when we played the Lions...

A few injuries today, hopefully we can use the bye week to heal up.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/redskins/injuries/all/?fullsite=true

Desean Jackson left Sunday's game with concussion-like symptoms.

Duke Ihenacho left Sunday's game after being evaluated for concussion-like symptoms. 

Morgan Moses left Sunday's game with an ankle injury.

Archived