Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - cow****ers at REDSKINS

TK

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man....I got a bad feeling about this one.  I hope I'm wrong.

HAIL!

I'm kinda just like Ehhh. Doesn't really feel like Dallas Week to me. I don't know if its because of the Steelers game of if it's because it's Week 2 & it just seems to early in the schedule for it. 

11 minutes ago, TK said:

I'm kinda just like Ehhh. Doesn't really feel like Dallas Week to me. I don't know if its because of the Steelers game of if it's because it's Week 2 & it just seems to early in the schedule for it. 

A win today will cure that.  A loss will feel like a black hole is pulling me in.

So some reporter who's covering the game for NFLN is reporting that Norman is not going to covering Bryant.  WTF is this???!!!  They paid him #1 CB money to not cover the #1 WR  I guess we can forget about Odell vs Norman matchup next week as well.  I don't get this coaching staff at all.  SMH!! 

3 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

So some reporter who's covering the game for NFLN is reporting that Norman is not going to covering Bryant.  WTF is this???!!!  They paid him #1 CB money to not cover the #1 WR  I guess we can forget about Odell vs Norman matchup next week as well.  I don't get this coaching staff at all.  SMH!! 

Go & actually READ the article.

8 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

They didn't say he won't cover Bryant at all.

They said he won't cover Bryant exclusively.

Relax. Breeland has more than handled Bryant in the past.

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

What article?  Link?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000704090/article/bashaud-breeland-not-josh-norman-will-cover-dez-bryant

After watching Brown and Rapelesberger, it is clear they are on another level.  Breeland had good coverage on at least that first throw, but it was just a masterfully placed ball, and an elite receiver catching it.  It was an inch or two from being picked or deflected.  No-one can cover a good back shoulder throw, which Rapelesberger is good at.  Antonio Brown is on another level.  Hats off.

I'm still very worried about the run defence, like most of us.  But I think Breeland has more than adequately shown that he is capable of covering Dez.

The game today comes down to this- can the Redskins DL generate enough push on the Cowboys OL, and disrupt their offense's timing enough.  I have huge doubts about that.  We can defend the pass, as it's not Rothlesberger or Brady or even Romo back there, but a (admittedly good) rookie.  I think Norman gets a pick today.  But we're going to be steamrolled on the ground, so it may not matter.

Of course, I hope to God that I'm wrong.

46 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Breeland has covered Dez in the past with great success... The Redskins are playing "TEAM" football, and you don't abandon that plan after 1 bad week.

ANNOUNCEMENT OF INACTIVES

LANDOVER, Md. – The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today’s game against the Dallas Cowboys:

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 2 QB Nate Sudfeld

o   No. 19 WR Rashad Ross

o   No. 38 CB Kendall Fuller

o   No. 50 LB Martrell Spaight

o   No. 72 DE Anthony Lanier II

o   No. 74 G Arie Kouandjio

o   No. 97 DE Kendall Reyes

The Cowboys declared the following players as inactive:

o   No. 9 QB Tony Romo

o   No. 34 RB Darius Jackson

o   No. 35 S Kavon Frazier