Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pot Roast might be free soon, reunion?

chow184

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Trust me, I get where you're coming from, but I totally believe its him not addressing his weight and it affecting his conditioning versus him taking plays off.  I also believe Denver knew more about the cluster-headaches then anyone else at the time.  Golston, by a lot of accounts, is one of our best run stoppers.  At least we agree that that's not good enough, especially when interior run defense is likely our primary defensive weakness at this point.

I guess to me, not taking care of your body as a professional athlete is a sign of laziness. And that being out of shape caused him to take plays off - maybe not mentally - that's probably not fair, but physically since he just is out of shape.

Let's see how the season goes. We may be pleasantly surprised - :-)

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Danny Smith was solid ?

In fact, both Ked and Danny teamed up for this awesome stat in 2011.  Ked had a huge hand in it cause most of the blocks were straight over his side.

Redskins-Eagles-Gano.jpg

Danny Smith got a sympathy job from his hometown team.  Gano has gone on to be a SOLID placekicker. 

I guess that's where we differ in our definitions.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Danny Smith got a sympathy job from his hometown team.  Gano has gone on to be a SOLID placekicker. 

I guess that's where we differ in our definitions.

This isn't really a debate I was planning on getting into but here goes.

I suspect NFL teams are not in the habit of giving coordinator positions away based off of sympathy. And sympathy for what, exactly? The man was already employed and had been with that same team for 9 years. The Steelers also requested to interview him in prior years as well.

Hard to run special teams with your roster's depth players when Vinny and Dan are squandering draft picks and using all of the cap to fill up the top half of the roster with as many recognizable names as possible. Gotta sell them jerseys...

Let's also not forget what happened to the special teams units after he left.

34 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

This isn't really a debate I was planning on getting into but here goes.

I suspect NFL teams are not in the habit of giving coordinator positions away based off of sympathy. And sympathy for what, exactly? The man was already employed and had been with that same team for 9 years. The Steelers also requested to interview him in prior years as well.

Hard to run special teams with your roster's depth players when Vinny and Dan are squandering draft picks and using all of the cap to fill up the top half of the roster with as many recognizable names as possible. Gotta sell them jerseys...

Let's also not forget what happened to the special teams units after he left.

Keith Burns was way out of his depth.  Way lol.  He got a damn penalty for being too far onto the sideline against Dallas, for pete's sake. 

And you're saying that no one in the coaching frat doesn't square away it's own at times?

16 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Keith Burns was way out of his depth.  Way lol.  He got a damn penalty for being too far onto the sideline against Dallas, for pete's sake. 

And you're saying that no one in the coaching frat doesn't square away it's own at times?

This is turning into a tailgate-esque debate. I concede.

1 hour ago, redskindan07 said:

Pot Roast has been released so it will be interesting to see if we take a look. Didn't we make an low offer to him before he chose N.E.?

We made an offer commensurate with his output.  I would still find a way to work him in if we have a slot. 

Great way to put that Stork nonsense behind us is to bring back Pot Roast. What would it hurt? Won't cost much as there really wasn't that heated of a market for him this year and while he can only be a situational player he definitely can help us and best yet will be cheaper after that Patriots foul up then if he just signed and stayed the whole time

Ziggy Hood is impressing and Goldson plays on Special Teams so I think you can live without Pot Roast.  But if he's cheap, and he's signed, then who would you cut?

Edit: 

Redskins have signed DE Cullen Jenkins to a one-year deal, source says.

— Mike Jones (@MikeJonesWaPo) August 29, 2016

Confirming that the #Redskins have signed DE Cullen Jenkins. Worked out for team this AM. Entering 13th season. @MikeJonesWapo broke news.

— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) August 29, 2016

Cullen Jenkins is 35. Won a Super Bowl. Posted three sacks last season and spent last 5 years in NFC East with Eagles and Giants. #Redskins

— Grant Paulsen (@granthpaulsen) August 29, 2016

My thought is that Scot didn't try very hard to retain him. Whether it was because he wanted too much money, or because his play wasn't good enough, I don't know. If the GM wants to bring him in at vet min, then cool. If not, then no big deal.

Trust in Scot.

Archived