Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Pot Roast might be free soon, reunion?

chow184

On 8/29/2016 at 10:17 AM, goskins10 said:

A little surprised as Scot does not usually go for older guys. But Jenkins has had some success. It also tells me Joe Barry and Jay are not totally happy with who they have - which I think most of us would agree with.

I think Reyes is the next guy that gets whacked if they keep Jenkins. They know what he can do and what some of these other players can't.  I agree it pretty much goes against the youth movement concept but not the performance one.

Why in the world would we look at this guy! Sorry, nice guy as a person but is too lazy to keep himself in good enough shape to play football! He had a chance to play here and blew it!

No thanks! Let's move forward not backwards!!

Absolutely. Knighton got released by the Pat's for performance - not money. Pretty safe to say he hasn't improved & they got Jenkins. Could've put up a fight for Pot Roast but let him go to the Pats without a counter-offer. 

On 8/27/2016 at 8:28 PM, DC9 said:

We're pretty strong in the secondary and decent off the edge.  Our interior line is not good.  You sign a dude like Knighton for a year and you can stop gap that.  Would I take him at nose over Golston?  Yeah, I would.  Is Powe going to make the team?  I don't know.

We don't line up in the 3-4 that much, I think that's the genesis of why we weren't out to get him as hard as you'd think, coupled with his asking price.  I'm not saying he's a savior, but I think that he helps that run defense.

We're talking about two different things though.  You're talking about building a team, and I'd agree Knighton probably isn't the best since we already have Knighton.  I'm talking about which is the superior player and it's hands down Knighton.  I've said for years that we will know the day this defense has arrived, and it will be because Golston is no longer on the roster.

I think the Skins are somewhat of a "tweener" team.  In some respects (like the secondary and off the edge as you pointed out), the Skins are very good and ready to be a serious contender.  In other respects, the Skins are not ready to contend.  And, the interior Dline looks like one such spot (as you pointed out).  So, I am not completely against bringing in a veteran on the Dline if he would be appreciably better than what is there now. I just don't see Knighton to be that over Golston.  Pot Roast may be marginally more talented, but I think Golston would more than make up for that with his effort.  Further, if the difference is marginal, I think it to be smarter to stick with the player who is here and has been here for a while--for team chemistry sake if nothing else.  To me, change just for the sake of making a change is not a good idea.

No way. he was signed last year to stop the gap and failed. 
He couldn't even make it to our training camp, and got cut by another (better) team, and suddenly he can help us here?

No. Put a jersey on a traffic cone and put it out there, and it's better than Knighton.

Put a jersey on a real pot roast and lay it on the ground out there. Somebody might trip on it, which is better than Knighton.

~Bang

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Choosing to roll with Golston instead of just keeping Roast was a disaster. Our defense is a dumpster fire. I'm still not over the Leonard Williams thing. Sigh. Sorry guys. 

Even if we replaced one of our dl with big cat we would still be weak... i like scherff... did u see in the 4th when chris thompson got blew uo twice when picking uo a blitz... scherrf took over picking it uo vs timmons and out him in his place

2 minutes ago, HtownRocks111 said:

Even if we replaced one of our dl with big cat we would still be weak... i like scherff... did u see in the 4th when chris thompson got blew uo twice when picking uo a blitz... scherrf took over picking it uo vs timmons and out him in his place

My issue with it was it's much easier to find a stud guard than a dominant DL. I like Scherff, I just think we made a mistake. If Williams wasn't available I'd be okay with the pick. 

27 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

My issue with it was it's much easier to find a stud guard than a dominant DL. I like Scherff, I just think we made a mistake. If Williams wasn't available I'd be okay with the pick. 

I think they were just going for the safer pick of the two. 

Getting back to Knighton though, I feel like he'd atleast add some power to the defense for obvious run downs and tying up OL. Putting him on top of a center basically requires a double team on him. I feel like in a good defense the linebackers are normally kept clean, all game the steelers OL was making it to the second level with ease. Allowing deangelo Williams to gain 4-7 years before even being contacted. Seeing safeties who are playing deep be the first to initiate contact with a RB on every handoff is pitiful. 

Archived