Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSN: Vernon Davis accused of cheating on fiancee with 20-year-old (M.E.T.)

MarkB452

It was clearly enough on the meter, to get posters that don't care, to click the link, and then post that they don't care.

Nope.

I clicked on it to see if there was more to the story. There wasn't.

What I care about, is avoiding seeing non-stories turned into far more than they deserve to be by drama-loving internet citizens and lazy journalists. So if I could offer my opinion of "don't care at all" to the growing chorus of voices saying the same thing, it will hopefully nip the grade school drama in the bud.

Everything is going to be played to the max by the media. Ironically, every bump to chime in that it is a non story, bumps it making it a story again, to be reclicked by the same posters that say its a non story and story alike, who see a new post was made... its crazy I know but its where we live now.

I think its better to not fight it, and take it head on. If someone wants to make a thread, great, and a non story gets it's place to rest.  Some hope it never gets mentioned, or gets buried in the twitter thread... where proper discussions on a single subject struggle to exist.  

I like to use this site for news and discussion. Believe it or not I prefer the voice of the fans over the media for my Skins news. Without a thread, its too much reading to pour through of all Junior's tweets to find what skins hounds are looking for. 

It was clearly enough on the meter, to get posters that don't care, to click the link, and then post that they don't care.

Nope, at first I thought he did it the Bellicheat way...

Now, considering the story I read, I can't believe we've already reached 2 pages out of this...

Man this franchise and these fans are reaching a low point during offseason...

Nope, at first I thought he did it the Bellicheat way...

Now, considering the story I read, I can't believe we've already reached 2 pages out of this...

Man this franchise and these fans are reaching a low point during offseason...

That was my timeline, too lol...

- Original thread title made it sound like Davis cheated on the field somehow

- After clicking to see how he cheated, saw that he cheated on his GF/fiancé...left the thread without commenting or reading the article

- After seeing the thread still going and getting new comments, thought maybe there was something more substantial in the article that I missed...entered the thread again and read the article this time...nothing else to the story

- saw others saying the same thing I was thinking, and posted in agreement

In my experience, professional athletes are very likely to cheat on their spouse/fiancee/girlfriend.

I don't think actual numbers are attainable, but I'd guess to say that 85% of pro athletes have cheated, and that more than half do it on a regular basis.

When I was in college, I lived next door to future NBA'er Billy Owens, and future Redskin Kevin Mitchell. You would be amazed at how many women threw themselves at them on almost a daily basis. It is hard to deny that men that are presented with that much opportunity are likely to cave.

So, this story isn't news in the least.

Really, the only players on the Redskins that I would expect to be faithful to their wives are Cousins and Garcon.

Yup and so are the 6 ppl who liked my post.

I count four. So either you can't count that high, you're lying, or there are two people too ashamed to continue being associated with your post. Anyways, I will call your 4 and raise it to 7, including three mods, that liked mine. Just take your L and move along, guy.

Archived