Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYMAG: The Republican Party Must Answer for What It Did to Kansas and Louisiana

No Excuses

Depends, is it their wealth being redistributed, or is it the city's wealth funding their stadiums?

I was thinking more along the lines of how revenue sharing has made that league the most profitable on Earth. "League Think" was the idea that leveling the playing field and pooling resources would create a greater good for all. It worked.

Obviously this topic has moved on but I've been thinking about it since it was posted.

My thought is that the republicans SHOULDN'T have to answer for what they did. They were just being republicans.

The people who put them in power are the ones who must answer. This is their fault. All of the problems with the government start and end with the people who elect them.

As far as NOVA vs the rest of the state. There is absolutely no excuse for the fact that the rest of the state has more than adequate roads and NOVA can't keep up. Call it government welfare but the rest of the state would be in a bad way if it weren't for our massive tax dollars up here.

Obviously this topic has moved on but I've been thinking about it since it was posted.

My thought is that the republicans SHOULDN'T have to answer for what they did. They were just being republicans.

The people who put them in power are the ones who must answer. This is their fault. All of the problems with the government start and end with the people who elect them.

Well said. I don't feel particularly bad for any Kansas citizen struggling that voted to re-elect Brownback. They get exactly what they deserve.

If anybody cares, in twa's poll they asked people who they were most likely to vote for in the House of Representatives in the coming election.

They've surveyed 2,430 people.  164 of them are on welfare (and their family might be too).  91 of those are going to vote Democrat and 59 are going to vote Republican.

BUT in total 1616 people are going to vote Democrat, which turns into 5.6% (91/1616), and 663 are going to vote Republican, which turns into 8.9% (59/663).

That's just welfare.  They do break out other types of assistance (e.g. medicare), and I didn't look at them or include them.

As far as NOVA vs the rest of the state. There is absolutely no excuse for the fact that the rest of the state has more than adequate roads and NOVA can't keep up. Call it government welfare but the rest of the state would be in a bad way if it weren't for our massive tax dollars up here.

republicans have to answer in the sense that the presidential candidates are trotting out the same economic policies that sank two states. Because of that, the DEM candidates should call them on it, or the media should, and certainly the people should. Economic theory is highly (shocker) theoretical; I n this case, blatant republican trickle down policies have been shown to be a cluster ****. Anyone doubling down on those policies should be called out for the morons that they are... present company very much included.

Well said. I don't feel particularly bad for any Kansas citizen struggling that voted to re-elect Brownback. They get exactly what they deserve.

What about the people that didn't vote for him?  For me, I'd need to do more research, but I'm waiting to see what happens with Snyder in Michigan.

Archived