Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS SIGN P TRESS WAY TO MULTI-YEAR EXTENSION

TK

For Immediate Release

March 12, 2016

REDSKINS SIGN P TRESS WAY TO MULTI-YEAR EXTENSION

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed punter Tress Way to a multi-year contract extension. Full terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Way has punted in 32 career regular season games, all with Washington since being claimed off waivers from Chicago during the 2014 preseason. In his debut season with the Redskins in 2014, he averaged 47.5 yards per punt, becoming the first member of the Redskins to lead the NFL in punting average for a season since Sam Baker in 1958.

Way punted collegiately at Oklahoma from 2008-12, appearing in 53 games and punting 250 times for 10,988 yards (44.0 avg.) with 36 touchbacks and 91 punts downed inside the 20. He owns Oklahoma’s school record with 71 career punts of 50 or more yards.

Way, 25, attended Union H.S. in Tulsa, Okla., where he was a member of the all-state teams for both The Oklahoman and Tulsa World. He was born April 18, 1990.

One thing that bothers me is this ..... what kind of a name is Tress? I know comming up with names is hard, it took us a while to name our first daughter and to this day she gets letters from the NHS as Miss Undecided May ..... but Tress ?

Was he named after his mother who was a MissTress ? OR the first thing they saw  Tres--tle tables 

“I am so thankful,” Way said, referring to the long-term contract extension. “I’m the kind of guy that if they are the first team to really give me a shot to play, then I want to play there my whole career.”

Can't post the link but he's done we'll for himself.

Reported on nfl.com it's a 4year 9.4mil extension.

“I am so thankful,” Way said, referring to the long-term contract extension. “I’m the kind of guy that if they are the first team to really give me a shot to play, then I want to play there my whole career.”

Can't post the link but he's done we'll for himself.

Reported on nfl.com it's a 4year 9.4mil extension.

If those numbers are accurate, then he's gonna cost us WAY up more in 5 years... He'll only be 30, and will still have 8 or 9 years of playing in front of him. At this rate, he'll probably be the most expensive P in the whole NFL.

Archived