Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 National League East Division Champion: Washington Nationals Thread

Riggo#44

I still remember the report about Espinosa's attitude in the clubhouse during the Matt Williams implosion. I believe it was in Barry Svrluga's brutal four-part expose. It was said that he was a furious black cloud whenever he didn't start or play. Apparently it still holds true. Maybe if he wasn't the one of the worst hitters in baseball and maximized his opportunities...

If it was for a bag of powdered donuts Rizzo just went up a notch for me.

And that's probably all it was for.

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

i thought those unis were the 4th of july ones or memorial day jerseys???

They're the alternate jerseys.  So probably more than that.

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Espinosa dealt. Good riddance. Get rid of all the mediocrity. 

Also it doesn't matter that Harper wasn't there. He wasn't there the last time I went in Williams' last year. Why does he have to be there. 

Here's the thing... again...

If this was a Redskin, there would be a thread about it.  Other teams continually get passes in the area.  The Nats aren't Caps or Wiz bad, but they're close.  Especially the last two to three years.

I really thought Espinosa was destined for stardom when he first came up.   I remember being higher on him than Desmond when they were both exciting newcomers.  I hope for his sake that he finds that swing that looked promising back in 2011.  A change of scenery is sorely needed.  

Danny was fun to watch in the field.  Really good glove, smart, cannon of a throwing arm. He hustled like hell on the base paths.  And he was pretty good at that running bunt thing he did. But I am glad the team is weeding out the strikeout kings. Nothing is so deflating as a rally killling K with men on base.  

I have to think he was so wrapped up with being considered a 20 homer guy that he refused to cut down on his swing. It was the Ian Desmond Syndrome. 

But I wish him luck with the Angels. He gets to go home.  He's a Cali kid.

9 hours ago, DC9 said:

Ah, so it WAS a sympathy trade.

Not sure that's the kind of precident you want to set for your club (have a tantrum and we'll trade you) but I'm glad he's gone.

It's the only was it was going to end for Espinosa.     The Nats hoped he might be a valuable throw in, and he should have been.  The fact that there were no takers only proves that a level of sanity still exists in MLB.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's amazing how good Espi got when he got traded according to Twittersphere...

He's a useful player and I think we miss his defense, but with how terrible he was at the plate our offense will undoubtedly improve this year by swapping Eaton for him in the lineup. 

Archived