Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Vernon Hargreaves would be a really nice "top 10 pick but missed your QB" consolation prize.

Might be off the board before we pick though. Still think we end up between 8-14, depending on how many INTs Cousins throws (or how many games they let him lose before going to Colt).

The more I watch us. The more I just at this point say screw it and run another year with Kirk and build up rest of team. Barring us just going 0-14 from here on out we're better getting a VH3 type player than forcing a QB pick

Yep exactly. We're probably going to get stuck outside the top QB zone. Might as well go nuts and build like Seattle from here. I'd look at second or third round QBs this year, gonna need someone to replace RG3 on the roster anyway. Cousins shouldn't be too expensive to re-sign.

Yep exactly. We're probably going to get stuck outside the top QB zone. Might as well go nuts and build like Seattle from here. I'd look at second or third round QBs this year, gonna need someone to replace RG3 on the roster anyway. Cousins shouldn't be too expensive to re-sign.

There is no QB in this draft I would take in the top 10 anyway. I'm not sold on Goff at all. Give me Jalen Ramsey in the first and Cody Kessler/Brissett in the second and I'm an happy camper.

There is no QB in this draft I would take in the top 10 anyway. I'm not sold on Goff at all. Give me Jalen Ramsey in the first and Cody Kessler/Brissett in the second and I'm an happy camper.

One of those two you mentioned will end up being overdrafted as usual. If we're looking at a 2nd rounder, I'll take my shot with Carson Went

The more I watch us. The more I just at this point say screw it and run another year with Kirk and build up rest of team. Barring us just going 0-14 from here on out we're better getting a VH3 type player than forcing a QB pick

I don't think we're going to draft high enough for VH3. Going in to the season, I was pessimistic, but this team's offensive and defensive lines are way better than last year's. They're going to buoy us to a certain level of competency and competitiveness in most games, and I think we'll end up with seven wins or so.

I could be totally wrong, and in the past, some corners that I've liked have dropped way lower than I expected like Janoris Jenkins and Dre Kirkpatrick. But my initial take is that VH3 is the best defensive player in the class and should go in the first 5 to 8 picks.

But I would be thrilled if he fell to us and we took him. He's been my favorite prospect so far. I truly think he's better than Joe Haden was.

As far as QB goes, I'm currently opposed to the idea of giving Gruden a shot with yet another young QB. I don't want to see us drafting another QB in the first or maybe even second round unless Gruden gets fired and a new coach is brought in. Otherwise I believe Jay should be married to Kirk and not get to make a scapegoat out of him by turning to another young QB prospect the moment things get rocky.

I don't think we're going to draft high enough for VH3. Going in to the season, I was pessimistic, but this team's offensive and defensive lines are way better than last year's. They're going to buoy us to a certain level of competency and competitiveness in most games, and I think we'll end up with seven wins or so.

I could be totally wrong, and in the past, some corners that I've liked have dropped way lower than I expected like Janoris Jenkins and Dre Kirkpatrick. But my initial take is that VH3 is the best defensive player in the class and should go in the first 5 to 8 picks.

But I would be thrilled if he fell to us and we took him. He's been my favorite prospect so far. I truly think he's better than Joe Haden was.

As far as QB goes, I'm currently opposed to the idea of giving Gruden a shot with yet another young QB. I don't want to see us drafting another QB in the first or maybe even second round unless Gruden gets fired and a new coach is brought in. Otherwise I believe Jay should be married to Kirk and not get to make a scapegoat out of him by turning to another young QB prospect the moment things get rocky.

Yeah I could easily see us in that 6-7 win range. I still don't think Gruden ends up getting a 3rd year as well, unless Scot truly is married to the idea of him being the guy(which I highly doubt)

Yeah I could easily see us in that 6-7 win range. I still don't think Gruden ends up getting a 3rd year as well, unless Scot truly is married to the idea of him being the guy(which I highly doubt)

I think he might almost have to bring him back if we get to 8 and Cousins looks like he's become consistent. At 6 wins and what Cousins likely looks like in that scenario, I almost think he has to fire him.

It's the in-betweens I'm not at all sure of.

If the team keeps playing the way it is I would be shocked if they fire Gruden. Barring a complete collapse of course. The team has shown real improvement this season. I think we roll with Cousins again next year and Nab a Corner in the first and some more depth on the either line in the second. 

I think he might almost have to bring him back if we get to 8 and Cousins looks like he's become consistent. At 6 wins and what Cousins likely looks like in that scenario, I almost think he has to fire him.

It's the in-betweens I'm not at all sure of.

Yeah and that's obviously the hardest part to figure out too ya know? 8 wins I can be happy with and bring the guy back. 6 wins and Cousins looks good? That's where the grey area starts

Yeah and that's obviously the hardest part to figure out too ya know? 8 wins I can be happy with and bring the guy back. 6 wins and Cousins looks good? That's where the grey area starts

And the QB position is so tied to it. If we need to draft a new one next year, then I wholeheartedly agree with steve- no way do I want Gruden coaching him. Or picking him, for that matter.

That's where it looks for now and its impossible to predict because the only thing that's consistent with Cousins is his history of inconsistent game to game performance, and usually declining results over time, but with his first sustained grip on the starting job, maybe he gets comfortable. I see 6 to 7 total wins possible on the schedule, we still could go 4-12 or 5-11 easily, but I find it highly unlikely we'll pick ahead of Chicago (deliberately tanking), San Francisco (awful), Cleveland (horrible and Haden's hurt), or Houston (team most likely to mutiny as the defense is wasted by horrific quarterbacking), so at best I think we're probably at 5th overall like last year, but there are still teams that are potentially collapsing squads in waiting with Miami and Detroit, while there are some other outright bad teams like T.B, Jacksonville, Philly and NYG (for now anyway), and New Orleans. Based on the schedule, I think we're probably going to slot in between 7 and 14.

Based on the prospects available, it still sounds as if our slot would likely house a CB, DL/Edge Rusher, or OL for us, and of course possibly a QB. Still feels like the cream of this draft is tremendous. There are about 14 or 15 guys so far I like a great deal, and of course like most of us, I don't know much about these guys yet anyway, there may be even more that are terrific.

I mean... an edge rusher??? I'm done with the BPA talk for at least 4-5 months. But with Gallete and RG3 almost certainly walking, how could we even staff another edge rusher?

Kerrrigan, Gallette, Murphy & P. Smith... Only if LT was in the draft, which he isn't. But honestly, we couldn't even staff a 5th guy. I think we're good there.

If we win 6 games we're likely picking around 10. Not prime QB territory unless we do another RG3 trade, and given that it's us, teams will try and milk us.

If Cousins looks good while we win just 6, that's a cheap (for a QB) contract we can give him. He develops further? Great! He doesn't? Then we have a game manager locked up below market value.

Regardless, we should be drafting a QB with some pick so we can develop our own backup QB.

I mean... an edge rusher??? I'm done with the BPA talk for at least 4-5 months. But with Gallete and RG3 almost certainly walking, how could we even staff another edge rusher?

Kerrrigan, Gallette, Murphy & P. Smith... Only if LT was in the draft, which he isn't. But honestly, we couldn't even staff a 5th guy. I think we're good there.

If it's clear BPA, you can never have enough passrushers (though DL help would be better). And just to put it out there, you can't rely on Gallette going forward. We'll almost certainly have him on an identically cheap deal again, but who knows if he'll ever be the same. He thrives off of his ridiculous burst off the snap, his first step is crazy. An Achilles could ruin his entire game.

We'll have a much better picture of our needs by the end of the year. One way or another, Cousins and Gruden are going to show us what we need to do with them. The bar is pretty low for them to hop over. It's either be obviously bad and get fired/let go, or be mediocre and keep your jobs.

The bar will be higher for other players at other positions. Some guys are safe next year because their dead cap hit is too high, like DeSean Jackson and Chris Culliver and Jason Hatcher.

Others are going to have to either play legitimately well or take paycuts to stay, like Garcon, Hall, Riley, and Lauvao.

And then others are going to be low hanging fruit for savings, like Lichtensteiger, Roberts, and Goldson. These guys are going to have to step way the hell up to keep their jobs IMO.

And for our impending FAs, I think they'll have to work cheap to stay.

Will Grier is a suprice at QB. He looks to fit the systeme really well but also shows the ability to go through reads. I did not expected that.

Veron is just straight out balling at CB. To me he is a top 15 pick that will start from day one.

Think we have all been watching Vernon since last year top talent.

Side Note; Father and Son, wish James Summers had stayed in the game:) 

2AA20BDC-172C-46D8-8E52-C003EAB35ACD.jpg

Vernon Hargreaves would be a really nice "top 10 pick but missed your QB" consolation prize.

Might be off the board before we pick though. Still think we end up between 8-14, depending on how many INTs Cousins throws (or how many games they let him lose before going to Colt).

I wouldn't mind Vernon even though we need a dt as well. our cb situation is a big ? with hall age and injuries. but like I said so is dt. hatcher is getting old if hes not already there and we haven't had a penetrating dt in ages. that would do wonders for our olb and ilb on blitz's.

and of course safety.

Archived