Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Connor Cook is the clear front runner out of the QB's in this class for me. Really like him.

Problem with him and Hackenberg are their sub 60% career completion percentage. I don't like that.

Kessler is intriguing. All his positive stats have gone up every year and all his negative stats have gone down every year.

My dark horse is Kevin Hogan from Stanford. Followed in Luck's footsteps. 6-4, 225. Will be a four year starter. Compared to Phillip Rivers.

Cook by miles ahead of Goff. (Side by side of the two in a vacuum). 

By comparison, the lower half balance and footwork by Cook is so tranquil as opposed to Goff who looks spindly and wooly.

(Where those two rank in the big picture, not sure).

NHNT, Cook's throwing motion reminds me of Cutler. (Probably could make a statistical comp too). 

My dark horse is Kevin Hogan from Stanford. Followed in Luck's footsteps. 6-4, 225. Will be a four year starter. Compared to Phillip Rivers.

Where is Hogan seen going in the draft?

How is his completion percentage? Ability to move in pocket and read D?

To play what?

We have Trent, Moses and Sherff. I don't see us drafting a OT in the next two years. Trent has his spot locked up for the next years if we extend him. Sherff and Moses have the potential to be a really good RT. I would give them the time to develop.

I don't say we shouldn't because I understand the logic behind it, only somethimes you need to give people time to develop. You can not just give up on players and get a new one. (like drafting back to back OLB's with second round pick when you have Kerrigan ;) )

If Moses struggles it's hard to pass on stanley or tunsil. Stanley would have been head and shoulders the best ol in last year's draft imo. I can understand us not drafting him, but he might be bpa, even with a top 3 pick.

sorry bud but that spread offense junk well not feeling it. there is too much growing paints involved in switching over into the nfl. I mean I don't even recall anyone switching over and making it look simple. the only one I can think of is alex smith and he went through hell to be where he is. to the point where he was almost traded before jim harbaugh.

sign me up for the tackle from notre dame.

Brees is another success story from a spread offense, but he, like smith, had his growing pains.

Problem with him and Hackenberg are their sub 60% career completion percentage. I don't like that.

Kessler is intriguing.

There's a reason for that.

Cook, via Mich State's scheme, attempts more downfield, lower percentage, throws than Kessler.

Still at the heart of Sark's USC scheme is the traditional WCO. You'll see plenty of underneath stuff, Zooms and Screens from Kess, as the basis for the offensive motion. 

Cook, on the other hand, airs the ball out more regularly. They will go to underneath stuff like Drag and Dig, when the outside receivers start to drop passes in bunches. Example, Ohio State game. When Cook is off, he tends to deliver the ball low to his target.

Yet, even passes that are within 10 yards of the LOS end up being far hash-mark to sideline Out throws that cover 30 - 40 yards horizontally, for Cook. 

FWIW, Cook has a much more developed deep passing game compared to Kessler, imo. Both Accuracy and timing stand in his column. You might even argue that Kess has (has had) better receivers. 

Kessler is intriguing. All his positive stats have gone up every year and all his negative stats have gone down every year.

Kessler made some brilliant throws in his bowl game which really has me high on him. Out of all the qbs he impressed me the most with his ball placement. Traditionally I've disliked most usc products, so it's a change of pace for me to actually be bullish on one.

I think regardless of anyone's choice of qb, this is a deep draft for them. Possibly as deep as 2012. It'll be an ideal year to draft one, even if not in the 1st.

To play what?

We have Trent, Moses and Sherff. I don't see us drafting a OT in the next two years. Trent has his spot locked up for the next years if we extend him. Sherff and Moses have the potential to be a really good RT. I would give them the time to develop. 

I don't say we shouldn't because I understand the logic behind it, only somethimes you need to give people time to develop. You can not just give up on players and get a new one. (like drafting back to back OLB's with second round pick when you have Kerrigan ;) )

are we sold on moses? and trents injury history is also troublesome. hell I like him allot but hes gonna want allot of money and for a player always injured isn't good. well you could be sold on moses but im not. and Stanley to play tackle. funny how I was saying it from the get go sheriff will be a guard due to his footwork and was laughing at the giant fans.. now the tables are turned :X

If Moses struggles it's hard to pass on stanley or tunsil. Stanley would have been head and shoulders the best ol in last year's draft imo. I can understand us not drafting him, but he might be bpa, even with a top 3 pick.

Brees is another success story from a spread offense, but he, like smith, had his growing pains.

I agree with both parts laron. like I said I love trent but to pay that big time lt tackle money to someone whose injured.. tough pill to swallow unless he comes down allot. also Stanley is the real deal.

and once again just don't like the spread offense qb's... just too much growth that is hindered in college that must be forced upon in the nfl. heck were seeing it with Robert and im a Robert fan too... I just don't know anymore. let the season play out.

The discussion about Trent doesnt belong here...but he has every right to ask a big amount.

He is 27 and one of the top 5 OT's in the game. He would be crazy to sign a deal less then 11 milion a year, he will get that in the open market imo.

----

I'm curious if maybe one of does second tire QB's can have a good season and wauw us in draft offseason.

Cook will be under crazy pressure and every movewill be analyzed. I could see people go crazy again and pick the flashy guy instead of a Cook. We have seen that so many times

I like Kessler as a mid-late first rounder. A lot of people are sleeping on him. His stats aren't spectacular, but his tape is exceptional. He does all the things people wax/wane poetically about here in ES land. He manipulates the pocket, has good mobility, anticipates reads, minimizes turnovers, & throws guys open. His arm isn't all that big, & he suffers from the odd bout of inaccuracy, but he's never been a turnover machine since he learned to stop trying to force everything to Marqise Lee.

OT is a consideration because TW is a constant health concern who we are trying to lock up long-term. If a deal gets done, & Moses makes it through the year unencumbered...then you can forget about OT. If not...well...drafting one & letting TW walk would save us a ton of money. Not all decisions are made based on loyalty.

For my taste...i want to see us lock up TW...but we don't every time get what we want.

As for MLB...i'm hopeful that Spaight can take over that spot by season's end.

The main areas of need seem to be DL with Knighton being on a 1yr tender, & Hatcher on his last year...or at least a cut-candidate year (can't remember for sure how long his deal is). Then Safety, & then possibly CB/WR/OG/OC/TE/QB. All of the latter positions based on a wait & see. Though i tend to believe that DHall is on his last leg, & Amerson is a case study...so CB could be a "need" position as well.

Big fan of James Conner. What a punisher that guy is. IF we let Morris go due to contract issues, I'd love to see Conner in the 3rd if he falls due to devaluation of the RB position and a perceived lack of passing down ability. He exemplifies what Scot wants our offense to be. He and Jones could be a killer (and cheap) combo at RB for years. If things don't work out with Morris. 

But we are exactly the franchise that would actually pay a non-special RB on a bad team, so he'll probably still be here. Nothing against Morris of course, but I don't see any reason to re-sign a RB when you're rebuilding. 

Not looking for a QB yet.

My personal opinion/hope is to trade out of the first round this year and have the 2 first round picks in 2017.

Build the lines more in 2016

This is the most talented draft since at least 2011, it would be madness to trade out of the 1st. There are probably, imo conservatively, 12 prospects better than last year's #3 pick.

Where is Hogan seen going in the draft?

How is his completion percentage? Ability to move in pocket and read D?

I don't know. I don't study draft prospects like you guys. I'll watch his games this year and see if my hunch about him is true. I think he's around 65% for his career. He's a little more mobile than some give him credit for.  And obviously smart playing for Stanford. Their system is run heavy, but it's the same system Luck came out of.

This is the most talented draft since at least 2011, it would be madness to trade out of the 1st. There are probably, imo conservatively, 12 prospects better than last year's #3 pick.

Than we can trade back from #4 and get at least two of them!

;)

Time to get younger on the D'line in 2016.

One player I'm looking forward to watching is A'Shawn Robinson, DT Alabama.

Listed 6'3 - 312lbs.  Entering his junior year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/132745/ashawn-robinson

"He has the upper body power to push the pocket and not only does he test well physically, but his coaches say he's one of the most intelligent on the team. Robinson is still learning how to use his hands and is developing his pass rush repertoire, but the flashes and tools are impressive and reasons he could be a high first round pick with continued development," Brugler wrote. Last season, Robinson recorded 49 tackles,6.5 tackles for loss, a forced fumble, 4 quarterback hurries, three pass deflections and blocked a PAT. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound Robinson is one of the best DT prospects for the 2016 draft. 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016charlie_1.php#vO7qI8VkxcXwqCW8.99

Robinson (6-4, 320) recorded 49 tackles with 7.5 tackles for a loss, one forced fumble and two passes batted in his sophomore season. In 2013 as a freshman, he was too good to keep on the sideline. Robinson was an impact defender for the Crimson Tide with 38 tackles, eight tackles for a loss and 5.5 sacks. He's quick for his size and very strong. Robinson could be the best defensive lineman who Alabama has had since Marcel Dareus.

I'm OK with not going for a QB in the first round, unless that's the best player available.  If the team decides to move on from RG3 after this season (which looks likely), rolling with Cousins/McCoy in 2016 is fine by me.  This team could use more talent in most position groups, so the 2016 draft should be BPA.  I don't want a RB picked in the first round, though - that's just throwing the pick away.  Too many first round RBs have been busts, and it's too easy to find talent in the lower rounds for RBs.  It's just not an important enough position anymore that a smart team should waste a first rounder on an RB. 

Archived