Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015-2016 NCAA Football Discussion Thread

The Evil Genius

Eh, I am not really too hyped about playing WVU in a few years. Doesn't offer much to play them at all.

This will most likely be the last potentially great squad Beamer has before retiring, with the amount of experience the squad gained last year and how many guys are coming back. The D will be quality again, the O I expect to be more consistent and this team will give OSU a challenge in week 1 and hopefully find a way to win 10 games and end up in the ACCCG again.

I am looking for big things from Oregon and Baylor. It would be a blast to see those 2 teams play each other in the playoffs

Re:WVU

This is the first year that Holgorsen has said they finally have a compliment of B12 athletes. We'll see. If they can get their O on track, they should be atleast an 8 win team. Maybe even 9 or 10. 

Their D is suppose to be nasty. We'll..nasty for the B12 at least. :P

Also..the move to the B12 has been financially a major win for WVU. Outside of moving to the ACC - there probably wasn't another option that would have earned them close to what they are making right now. And the ACC wasn't an option since they chose more academic schools in Eat****Pitt, Syracuse, and ULou over losing MD.  

edit..the above statement correctly assumes they would have never been invited to the SEC and B1G.

Predictions

ACC Atlantic: Clemson 

BC .500, Clemson alright and has returning starter but can he stay healthy, FSU rebuilding, louisville is talented 

ACC Coastal: Georgia Tech followed by Virginia Tech 

Duke alway sin mix, Golden's and London's last year, Pitt .500 under Narduzzi (or better) 

Commentary section

ix, you should post a link:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=106278089

Another year of talking about teams no one else in the country gives a damn about in the ncaa football thread.

It's an ES tradition like none other.

How many games is James Madison going to win?

Also...has Predicto showed up to remind us that he went to Michigan and thus is very interested in the Wolverines? (Despite both those facts being in some dispute).

Another year of talking about teams no one else in the country gives a damn about in the ncaa football thread.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to remind everyone, loudly and all season long, that our savior is draft eligible next season.

-3dbe3e135787f742.jpg

First time I've heard of him. Seems like a down to Earth guy. I'll keep my eye on him and UCLA this season. I do hope he performs well or people will naturally think he isn't dedicated enough, which is sad. 

Bud Foster, now that players are getting pocket money, wants to be able to fine them

http://deadspin.com/asshole-college-football-coach-comes-up-with-new-way-to-1726804159?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

There are no words. Fortunately, Foster's AD immediately shut it down. Seriously, though, good grief.

Bud Foster, now that players are getting pocket money, wants to be able to fine them

http://deadspin.com/asshole-college-football-coach-comes-up-with-new-way-to-1726804159?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

There are no words. Fortunately, Foster's AD immediately shut it down. Seriously, though, good grief.

Eeesh, that is a bad look.  

Whit shut that down in about 10 minutes.

I also wouldn't describe Bud Foster as an "asshole" except to opposing offenses and QBs. They hate him :) 

Whit shut that down in about 10 minutes.

I also wouldn't describe Bud Foster as an "asshole" except to opposing offenses and QBs. They hate him :)

An assistant coach at a mid-level program makes $1.3 million.

I think it's safe to say that we now know how much each scholarship player should be compensated: $15,000 per year.

We can call it the Bud Ratio: 1.3 million divided by 85 is $15,000. A little over a $1000 a month is more than enough for either food or entertainment. And in the more desperate situations, it's more than enough to cover mom's rent.

And let's be honest, if you replaced Bud Freaking Foster with a defensive coordinator from a local high school team, Virginia Tech can still go 8-4 probably.

Let's do this.

What bowl money? What are you talking about?

I have always been under the impression players received gift bags is what I guess you'd call them which includes things like electronics and a small amount of cash ($100-200) as part of their rewards for the season and making the bowl game. This is financed through the bowl money that goes to the school.

I'm almost positive I remember reading about this and it being taken away from players for discipline maybe around 07-08 when VT was in the orange bowl.

This story is boring and done. The AD shut down the concept 10 minutes after the deadspin story, and I don't feel like talking about something nobody cares about in a week :) (insert joke on VT football here)

Here is something fun. Preseason projections for each bowl game

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/bowl-predictions-notre-dame-boise-state-alabama-baylor-michigan-state-oregon-082515

I have always been under the impression players received gift bags is what I guess you'd call them which includes things like electronics and a small amount of cash ($100-200) as part of their rewards for the season and making the bowl game. This is financed through the bowl money that goes to the school.

I'm almost positive I remember reading about this and it being taken away from players for discipline maybe around 07-08 when VT was in the orange bowl.

They do, no cash payouts, but its in the forms of gifts/gift cards.   Here was last years list:  http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/12/check_out_the_college_football.html 

This story is boring and done. The AD shut down the concept 10 minutes after the deadspin story, and I don't feel like talking about something nobody cares about in a week :) (insert joke on VT football here)

Here is something fun. Preseason projections for each bowl game

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/bowl-predictions-notre-dame-boise-state-alabama-baylor-michigan-state-oregon-082515

You just want to gay Muslim marry Bud Foster, and this makes you sad.

I'm already marking my calendar for that Notre Dame - Boise Peach Bowl game.

I've decided that I'm over the non-traditional powers. I now want Boise, TCU, and Baylor to all lose 8 games each.

We really just need to get college football down to 30 or 35 essential teams and leave it at that.

Archived