Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

10 hours ago, DC9 said:

Hey man, some of us were throwing fits during the Copa America two years ago... just saying.

Yup, you could count me among them. 

This generation of American players has talent. A good bit of it developed in Europe instead of American colleges. Getting these kids to work at top level European academies just to get into a side is the way to develop that grit and determination, along with technical ability that has been lacking in US soccer these past few years.

I do believe the future is much brighter than it has been in some time...possibly ever. Time to get a solid, full time, manager in!

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I do believe the future is much brighter than it has been in some time...possibly ever. Time to get a solid, full time, manager in!

It's only going to get brighter now that we have good quality matches to watch with the PL, La Liga and even the Bundesliga more accessible than MLS.

I can't tell you how awesome it is to watch DC United matches in Standard Def on a 70" 4k, bro... it's like... wow. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, FanboyOf91 said:

6:30pm on FS1.

It was a fun game to watch, we have some good young talent in Europe and hopefully they all stay there.

One guy not on that list is Keaton Parks, he did some good things, showed some technical ability and also showed he still needs to develop, he has some skills for a big man playing the middle.

• Like 1

The US has a lot of good talent with potential. Guys like Weah and Sargent are the future of the team, along with Puli. Be exciting to see them along with other young talent like Andrew Carleton in the next few months. The US may not play in the WC this year but they have a very bright future. Hopefully the new coach can utilize that. 

If any of those potential stars decide to take the cash grab and easy road with MLS then they can **** right off.  Go to Europe.  Improve your game.  Otherwise you're no better than Bradley and Co.

• Like 3

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/soccer/earnie-stewart-usmnt-mens-national-team-general-manager-philadelphia-union-20180606.html?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

Earnie Stewart set to leave Union, become U.S. men's national team general manager

Not sure exactly what his role will be other than to be part of the team choosing the next Manager.  But HOPEFULLY, he has lots of input into the direction the Natl Team goes in terms of player selection.

I hope he and the next manager make it clear that the Pulisic way is the ONLY way to play for the big team.  Those taking the easy road in MLS can enjoy their lives in the US without ever seeing the pitch for the Natl Team.

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

we're getting nuked today

Pulisic not in the side today, nor for the Ireland friendly, anyone know why? Cursory Googling didn’t show anything newsworthy. For me, I’d want him getting minutes with the other youngsters (McKennie, Green, Weah, Sargent et al) to breed familiarity among the lads that should be leading this squad into the 2022 qualifying.

Just got word that one of my son's friends (college goalkeeper) got the call to try out for the national team!

I won't disclose his name because I'm not certain how all of that is supposed to be handled. 

Just in case any USMNT are looking to fill the U17 roster here's some more highlights.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The United has won the 2026 World Cup.

Considering how we treat our allies and Trump's threat if there was a no vote; this should've been a No vote.

Let’s keep politics in the politics thread. There’s plenty of them here.

This is a positive day for US Soccer, despite all the missteps they’ve made over the past few years.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gbear said:

Will all three countries automatically qualify?

No word on that as of yet.

Also need to draw down the 23 cities to 16...I'm hoping at least 2 of these three get selected...Atlanta (almost a certainty), Nashville, and Cincinnati. That would put multiple locations within 6 hours of me.

I'd almost have to think that Jerry Jones gets to host the Final in Dallas with 100,000 seats...as much as I'd hate it.

3 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Disappointed. US Soccer will flood USMNT with MLS 'stars' thanks to the autobid.

Time will tell what USMNT team does with its roster, but if the focus on the young bloods against France this week was any indication I think the novelty of MLS stars has worn thin.