Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Not true.  He never got a call after that.  He was never called for any camps with the senior team because we were too busy trotting out Michael Bradley and friends.  He's been waiting for a call for the last year and a half and it never came during qualifying.  Granted he's only really played well for Monteray for about 6 months, but we have no one with foresite.  At all.  Unless they play in the trash Bundesliga, of course.

That generation has cost us everything.  But we couldn't wait to finish 4th at the Copa America and win the Gold Cup.

I'm also upset that we aren't going as young as absolutely possible with this January camp.  At least we're averaging an age of 24 for this camp - but it should still be younger.  They do have the excuse that a lot of the kids in European academies can't leave at the moment.

In the end he still choose Mexico who just now started showing interest as opposed to us who have been in contact with him since U14. That says a lot I think.

I also dont know that I want the US calling in players like him if hes just 18 and not starting, that tends to not go well. Let them prove themselves before getting a senior call-up.

We have been screwed over by this crap team not making the world cup, and Im sure us not making the World Cup was more why he switched then him not getting a senior call-up. We would have had more of a chance if that happened.

There is literally no point moving forward with bringing in anyone like Altiodre, Bradley, Dempsey, etc. There is no reason to not just play young guys and see what happens see what they can bring us. I watched Bradley during the do or die last qualifier and he was just barely jogging around the field. No urgency. Meanwhile, in the friendly against Portugal the young guys were playing aggressive, pressing, taking guys on. I would take any of these teenagers over the crap that most of our senior team is.

The lack of effort is the most appalling to me. **** you all.

You dont give a crap dont put on the shirt.

Keep Brooks, Miazga, Yedlin, Pulisic and just start calling in our young teenagers. Maybe Wood if he can show something but he hasnt for now.

Im so pissed thinking about what Arena played in midfield as well as at CB for us. Gonzalez is **** and shouldnt be called in for any camps let alone starting for us in WCQ. 2017 was such a crap year. Everton sucks, USMNT sucks and doesnt make the WC, Redskins racked by injuries and are unable to put it together and make the playoffs.

I have had to step away from readying anything sports because I just start renting and getting angry, as you can see. The worst part is the USMNT is now set back years and I dont have confidence we will have someone in place to fix this crap. 6 months with an interim manager? Great idea guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Keep Brooks, Miazga, Yedlin, Pulisic and just start calling in our young teenagers. Maybe Wood if he can show something but he hasnt for now.

They won't get it right.

This **** has been going on for a long time.

It's all politics.  It's worse than little league baseball.

Dudes are like "This should be a wake-up call"

...... We just got knocked out of the world cup group stage by last place Trinidad and Tobago b-team when they literally had nothing to play for and this is the wake-up call?

:rofl89:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

In the end he still choose Mexico who just now started showing interest as opposed to us who have been in contact with him since U14. That says a lot I think.

It says he doesn't want to be part of a dysfunctional org that refused to cap-tie him for the Panama or T&T games. Seriously, I just learned the USSF only employs one full-time scout for 300+ million Americans.

ffs, if he's at T&T, we probably win. Pulisic is already weeping at the thought of more Bradley.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

It says he doesn't want to be part of a dysfunctional org that refused to cap-tie him for the Panama or T&T games. Seriously, I just learned the USSF only employs one full-time scout for 300+ million Americans.

ffs, if he's at T&T, we probably win. Pulisic is already weeping at the thought of more Bradley.

Yeah - all that money that is allegedly there to make our program better - spend some of it on scouts.

That's just more proof to me that "word of mouth" (aka - the good ole' boy system) is how kids get into the big team.

If any of you guys seriously thinks that's changing without a complete house cleaning I've got news for you.  I

think it's 150 million.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I like it, the kid has taken a similar path as Pulisic has except he plays with an even better organization at Bayern.

Interesting to hear Barcelona made a move for him and the Bayern President vetoed it.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states/story/3345173/bayerns-timothy-tillman-to-switch-from-germany-to-us

Edited by jschuck12001

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, jobaga said:

I dvr’d it. I don’t think I’ll ever watch it. 

Come on... according to the US Soccer page it was "A spirited 0-0 draw"

Honestly didn't even know we were playing last night.  I've been avoiding the sport until Liverpool can get their **** together.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I know it's a friendly at home... but explain to me again... How did Michael Bradley ever get a game after not booting the ball in stoppage against Portugal???

These kids are fun to watch. 

Trapp should've been playing.  Nagby is excellent.  Delgado played the best through ball to Adams that I've ever seen from an American.  A 60 yard give and go?

Come on son?

Where's the "We don't have anyone in between Bradley and Pulisic crew"

The Israeli Saief is fantastic as well.  Needs a lot of time to marinade, but he's got the goods.

5 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I know it's a friendly at home... but explain to me again... How did Michael Bradley ever get a game after not booting the ball in stoppage against Portugal???

These kids are fun to watch. 

Trapp should've been playing.  Nagby is excellent.  Delgado played the best through ball to Adams that I've ever seen from an American.  A 60 yard give and go?

Come on son?

Where's the "We don't have anyone in between Bradley and Pulisic crew"

The Israeli Saief is fantastic as well.  Needs a lot of time to marinade, but he's got the goods.

Yeah, this young group coming up has European academy experience, and it shows. Hopefully get to see McKinnie and Weah here soon too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

Yeah, this young group coming up has European academy experience, and it shows. Hopefully get to see McKinnie and Weah here soon too.

No idea how Weah isn't getting minutes.  I'm shocked we didn't give him 30.

Steffen has been outstanding and I can't believe Trapp isn't playing somewhere in Europe.  He's a smaller 6 but always where he needs to be.

I think a lot of these kids are getting punished for not playing in MLS. 

Cause that's how you grow the game and stuff.

Wood has been the worst player on the pitch tonight.  Glad to see Novakovich.

Rafa is doing magic with Yedlin man.  Even his gamesmanship is on point.

• Like 2

Ugh, would have loved to see Novakovich score that one

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

Trapp ain't big, but Kante's no bigger, and he ain't all bad.

Shame is it took not qualifying for these kids to get called up. Much better soccer than we've seen lately from the USMNT.

Hey man, some of us were throwing fits during the Copa America two years ago... just saying.

ATTA BOY STEFFEN WHAT A GAME

THAT'S ****ING AMERICAN FOOTBALL RIGHT THERE, MEN!

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Trapp ain't big, but Kante's no bigger, and he ain't all bad.

Shame is it took not qualifying for these kids to get called up. Much better soccer than we've seen lately from the USMNT.

The summer friendlies leading up to the World Cup will be seen as a good thing in 2022. I am convinced.

• Like 1